Harem Route

Jan 13, 2018
I have a rough outline of an event, and then I sit in front of the screen for hours, writing and rewriting the same three lines of dialogue until there's a breakthrough. It's kind of a shitty way to work.
As a fellow writer I actually have to disagree here. It's not shitty. It's actually the best. Your worst enemy is a blank page. So writing anything - literally anything - is better than just staring at the screen. Write something shitty, write something for another scene, write just a piece of dialogue without context. Then work around it. Don't force yourself to do it chronologically, don't force yourself to add details from the very start. But do force yourself to write.

she's a very popular character, and I don't want to just ignore her and people who want to get more of her
Speaking of... I'm definitely one of those people, seeing how Rae is already one of my favorite hentai characters ever. And I'm a selfish person, so I want more, much more of her. But even so, if benching her to progress the overall story or just to give other girls spotlight (the lack of which may be the reason they aren't as popular yet) means it'll help the progress, then it's worth it.

smackdab

Jan 30, 2018
It's not the ideas for the scenes, it's the actual writing that's giving me trouble lately. Like, I have a rough outline of an event, and then I sit in front of the screen for hours, writing and rewriting the same three lines of dialogue until there's a breakthrough. It's kind of a shitty way to work.
Or maybe bring in a writer to do actual drafts based on your outlines. It's much easier to revise and improve a script than it is to make the first draft - goes for all kinds of writing.

Reactions: hukutka94

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
As a fellow writer I actually have to disagree here. It's not shitty. It's actually the best. Your worst enemy is a blank page. So writing anything - literally anything - is better than just staring at the screen. Write something shitty, write something for another scene, write just a piece of dialogue without context. Then work around it. Don't force yourself to do it chronologically, don't force yourself to add details from the very start. But do force yourself to write.
I agree that it's better than nothing, but I'm still horribly unproductive lately. And it's not only writing, it's just the most noticeable thing. I'm just hoping that it'll either pass, or I'll learn to manage it, or...

Or maybe bring in a writer to do actual drafts based on your outlines. It's much easier to revise and improve a script than it is to make the first draft - goes for all kinds of writing.
That. That was supposed to happen already. But due to missing all the update deadlines I still can't finish the test assignment and all the extras needed. And I still need to sort out some legal things so I can actually pay the writer without possibly breaking the law (local peculiarities).

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

And here's a bonus freebie pic from the latest CG set, with Cait returning to the loft. Another (SFW) freebie is available at and full set for all Patrons is out at
She's absolutely gorgeous! :love:
I really love that dress too, makes me really want an event where we take her out. Maybe when we summon the dress for her she gets nervous again because she's read something about how a dress like that means sex after a date? You've probably already got our first time with her in mind though.

combige

Jun 30, 2017
As I'm hooked and waiting for moar of unfolding story of the game I have to admit my heart will be broken totally if the decision made in our world would block other two possibilities. As far as this game is a free roam of sort I hope to be able to walk all the girls and have a quality time with them.

Mar 23, 2019
I've not come across this question in this thread so sry if this question has already been asked, but is there a way for us to get the character models (e.g. Rae) to use in Honey Select?

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Really enjoyed this VN... really liked the characters. I was a little surprised when Rae and MC first practised some martial training which then seemed to be abandonned [hopefully developped later?].
Rae is such a sweetie!

xelq

Sep 27, 2017
Hey, really awesome job on the game. I like the characters and the stories behind them. I have a question tho. Do any if you know how to import your own items into the game. Like clothing or props. I have seen devs do it, but I cant find any information anywhere sadly. (I think there was like a doujin in the actual game that looked like it was imported that is why I am asking here) would really appreciate an answer! Thanks!

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
As I'm hooked and waiting for moar of unfolding story of the game I have to admit my heart will be broken totally if the decision made in our world would block other two possibilities. As far as this game is a free roam of sort I hope to be able to walk all the girls and have a quality time with them.
You mean the first visit when the girls split up? Yeah, it's mostly cosmetic, you'll have the ability to go out with all of them.

when can we expect a Cait centered update?
After the anniversary update is done, I'm going back to girls' stories. At least one full storyline update for each of the main girls.

Really enjoyed this VN... really liked the characters. I was a little surprised when Rae and MC first practised some martial training which then seemed to be abandonned [hopefully developped later?].
Rae is such a sweetie!
The initial version of the fight sequence was, uh, not that well received. Had to redo it in a major way. Since that time I'm a bit cautious about expanding that route.

jbiggs

Mar 11, 2020
The initial version of the fight sequence was, uh, not that well received. Had to redo it in a major way. Since that time I'm a bit cautious about expanding that route.
I thought the version of the combat in the current version worked well, FWIW. I enjoyed the diversion and like the mentor route Rae is taking with MC. Though, combat with Naomi seems more natural.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The gameplay was the issue with that, if it was more like how the training of physique, focus and knowledge with Naomi, Rae and Cait works, it wouldn't be a problem.

I thought the version of the combat in the current version worked well, FWIW. I enjoyed the diversion and like the mentor route Rae is taking with MC. Though, combat with Naomi seems more natural.
Combat with Naomi would be natural too, but Rae is a badass as well as being an adorable little pet. Given the two of them have had a number of rows, makes me wonder if things are going to get worse between them before they get better, and if they do come to blows, who would win. I imagine Cait and Lyriel terrified, and us having to wade in and separate them, since we're kind of god-tier so long as we're within the confines of the house.

Reactions: ZanithOne

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Combat with Naomi would be natural too, but Rae is a badass as well as being an adorable little pet. Given the two of them have had a number of rows, makes me wonder if things are going to get worse between them before they get better, and if they do come to blows, who would win. I imagine Cait and Lyriel terrified, and us having to wade in and separate them, since we're kind of god-tier so long as we're within the confines of the house.
Or we could suggest that they settle this in a more regulated setting ... maybe involving oil and bikinis... :giggle:

denchik06

Aug 1, 2019
Я нигде не могу найти оставшиеся фотографии, кто-нибудь знает? gQq6PnQwf2w.jpg

hukutka94

Jun 14, 2019
Я нигде не могу найти оставшиеся фотографии, кто-нибудь знает?
Тебе нужно зайти в те комнаты, в которых сделаны эти фото и в определённый момент дня там будет их кликабельный предмет, труселя на кровати Рэй и что-то там на тумбочке в ванной.

ENG: You have to visit those rooms in which those photos were done and in some daytime you will see girl's clickable object. Rae's panties on bed and something laying on bathroom cupboard.

Last edited:

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Тебе нужно зайти в те комнаты, в которых сделаны эти фото и в определённый момент дня там будет их кликабельный предмет, труселя на кровати Рэй и что-то там на тумбочке в ванной.
Speak English please.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017

One year! And that’s not a lie! Yup, the the very first version of the game was released on the 1st of May, 2019. So, happy May Day, comrades! On one hand, it sure doesn’t feel like a whole year has passed since the first version of the game was released. On the other, so much happened in my life, with the game, and with the world. The happenings in the world haven’t been so great, to put it lightly, but I’m certain we will get through it. I try not to talk about it here, but folks who are affected, stay strong, sending love your way.
And the game, it started with this:

And now it looks like this:

Alright, I was being cheeky with Cait here, but still, it looks much better now, I think. I still have a lot to learn, my lighting is all over the place, I suck at composition, but there is some progress! And I ain’t gonna stop learning anytime soon. And there’s now a fully functioning map, a proper scene gallery, and a ton of tweaks and fixes. And saves no longer break! At least not completely, as they often did before I found out I was screwing up RenPy’s script persistence logic. And more scenes are going to be updated, but I’ll talk about it a bit later.
Let’s talk big picture. I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to be in the place I am today, but I sure did not expect it. A successful game, an awesome community and a thriving Patreon. And it’s all thanks to you, folks. Doesn’t matter if you pledge or not, a piece of media is nothing without an audience, and I am immensely grateful that my work has been able to find all of you. Or was it you all who found it? In any case, this all is a bit unreal, and awesome. Thank you!
Still, life is never without challenges. As you all well know, I’ve been falling behind on updates for the last couple of months. Tried to take a break to reset, didn’t work out that well, still not very productive, and have some life stuff to contend with. I’m sure I’ll be able to sort it out sooner or later, but I’d rather it be sooner.
Next update, the one that was supposed to be the “anniversary” update. Well, I’m still working on it. The park environment alone took me two full days to rebuild in such a way that it looks nice and doesn’t crash the editor when loaded. Unity 5 terrains are wonky, and that’s being very generous. But it looks nice! I think! Have a gander at the first draft of intro cinematic, it’s attached to the post. It’s going to change significantly still, but it’s something.
Bits of new scripts are done, so that’s good. Other bits aren’t done, working on that. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get the new intro and all the new animations done around Tuesday/Wednesday, but I might push Alpha back a bit so I won’t be making multiple even smaller updates throughout the week. On the other hand, I’ve noticed that having a incomplete build out kinda makes me more productive. I’d be glad to hear your thoughts on that matter, especially those of you folks who pledge at Alpha level. Minimal Alpha ASAP, then another update a couple days later, or wait until it’s completely done?
And that’s basically it. Can’t share any lewds as this is a public post, but I don’t have much yet, only a few target renders not much different from what those of you who participated in the last kink poll have already seen.
Again, thank you, folks, and see you all soon when the next Alpha hits!

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes