ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I've updated the links in the master post with the latest public release, it has a fix for the droid passphrase dialogue, but no changes otherwise. And if I missed some questions, sorry, please @ me or something, it's kinda hard to keep track of things for me right now.

You set the polls, no rule you can not decide to not include her in it for a while till others have caught up a bit if you wish to. So that is not an excuse, but your own choice in the end. :p Dev is in the end always responsible for what gets added to the game.
Already did that once. The option "Rae or bust" that I added in jest got the second highest amount of votes (and this was one vote per Patron poll!).

ZanithOne What do you think about maybe being able to take the girls on separate dates to MCs home earth now that he's better at "ether walking", like taking Rea on that shopping spree she wanted, Cait to an amusement park or arcade, Lyriel for a picnic in a nature park etc, I would like to see some cute events like that added.
It's been in the plans basically from the start, but I'm struggling with productivity right now, and probably spent a little too much time on side events lately, so really need get back to pushing girls' main storylines.

I'm game

gotta love Harem+Pregnancy route
I've already mentioned it before, but pregnancy is very unlikely to happen in the game proper. I'm making unique renders for almost every event, and I sure ain't doing two (or more) copies of those to accommodate pregnant girls. It's possible that it will be featured in the ending, but I'm not sure on that either.

One solution to that is to roll over votes from girls who don't win, so they add up while the girl who comes first gets reset to zero. More popular girls will still win more often, but not every time like often happens with regular voting.
True, but I'm almost afraid of making new polls at all now because I have a list of things that were voted on months ago and still aren't in the game. And for those carryover votes to make sense there should be regular polls with repeating options.

I just found that I have three scene galleries that haven't been unlocked recently. How do I unlock them?
Also found that there is a dream can not start, I missed what process?
There is one scene that should be available as a dream (the test with an "anime" girl), and two are from the very beginning of the game. And could you provide more details about the dream that's not starting for you?

Maybe make a poll but without rae ? Though it may be bad since I guess people are paying to have content of her
Already did it once, will probably do it again, but really, she's a very popular character, and I don't want to just ignore her and people who want to get more of her.

I feel like I missed some scenes - I know some people are saying no walkthrough necessary, but there seem to be numerous decision trees that impact outcomes. Seems like a walkthrough wouldn't be a bad idea, or a full scene gallery featuring all the standard scenes as well, which one could reference to see if they missed anything.
There are two missable scenes in the very beginning. I am redoing the first few events for the next update, and I'm probably going to allow for more time to experience them (and will add hints).

Futa? Yay or nay?
Not right now and probably not ever, tbh. Don't have anything against the kink, but it doesn't do anything for me either, and I just don't think that it'll fit into the general mood of the game.

Whats the passphrase for the android in the dream?
You'll have to find/guess it. It's randomized for each new game, but it can be guessed in just a few tries if you keep your eyes peeled.

I'm so sorry for not writing clear so that you didn't know my opinion. I mean both general music and voiceover should be embedded more. The general music is repeated so I hope you could add more. About the voiceover you can add into when you find opportunities later. We will wait for that.
Yeah, going to add more music, but a bit later.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
I don't really know how artists deal with lack of inspiration but maybe stop working on the game for some time and experience some other things that may inspire you. Like books, movies, manga or whatever. I think strongest part of this game is writing and no one will be happy if you will force yourself to do it just so there will be x amount of generic dialogs and scenes.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Ugh... I'm soooo tempted to get the alpha just so I can see what Rea's movie night is like....
Ohhh but I should really wait until payday and that's a week away :cry:
I can be patient... Not really but...
I can just wait and pledge later then I won't have to wait next time(y)

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
I've already mentioned it before, but pregnancy is very unlikely to happen in the game proper. I'm making unique renders for almost every event, and I sure ain't doing two (or more) copies of those to accommodate pregnant girls. It's possible that it will be featured in the ending, but I'm not sure on that either.
Very understandable, doing 2 renders of everything doesn't sound fun but I feel like that when it comes to Naomi specifically you have to have an ending where she's preggo. She's a huge tease about it whenever you come inside her.

Then again impregnation is probably my biggest fetish so I'm not exactly impartial of this. In the end, I have enjoyed your writing very much so I think I'll be ok with whatever you come up with.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
True, but I'm almost afraid of making new polls at all now because I have a list of things that were voted on months ago and still aren't in the game. And for those carryover votes to make sense there should be regular polls with repeating options.
Maybe doing those things that are pending could possibly help with the inspiration issues you're having? Doing things that have already been decided on for an update or two might relieve the stress of trying to think of new things to do? I mean neither having 'you can vote in polls' tiers and then not having polls, nor having polls and not doing the things voted on are good.
And yeah, the concept of rollover votes relies on subsequent polls having the same options, so they would work for 'Which character gets the most attention next update' or 'Which of these scenes/CG sets should be added' polls, not for 'What is this new character going to be like' or 'What happens in the story' polls.

MrHanni

Feb 19, 2019
alright I have two questions both about the space dreams one what is the password to the thing you find under the table? And the other is what is the pass phrase to the android? Ty
Password is in the living quarters and passphrase is in med bay

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
A House In The Rift [v0.4.4r2 Public] Kompressed

lossy compression was used, so the image quality is slightly worse than the original
Tools: Unren v0.8 by F95Zone@Sam and Cruncher v0.4.1 by F95Zone@bas

PC/MAC (1 GB): - - - -

Oct 29, 2017
Since it seems a decent number of people missed it, I will quote myself on how to solve the passphrase for the android (which is different for everyone so you need a solution method, not a solution):
Anyone looking to decrypt the passphrase (it seems to be randomly generated), just make a note/take a screenshot of each group of words, then after you fail choose try again. The only words that are available both times are the right ones.

markaedw01

Oct 6, 2019
I really enjoyed my time with the game im hoping for a full working gallery on one of the next updates the game has currently about 20ish lewd events and the gallery only shows 4.
With any luck this small gallery is the first step.
While the lewd scenes are repeatable in game i much rather just check back on the gallery after i have finished them in game.
View attachment 522305
What has to be done to unlock all 4 scenes?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
What has to be done to unlock all 4 scenes?
You will unlock them by just playing the game, the first is unlocked at the start by letting her give the MC a blowjob when you are first introduced to Rea, I can't quite remember the second, third is the phone dream and fourth is getting the second bathroom. All you really need to do is play the game and you will eventually get most of them normally.

Reactions: ZanithOne

markaedw01

Oct 6, 2019
You will unlock them by just playing the game, the first is unlocked at the start by letting her give the MC a blowjob when you are first introduced to Rea, I can't quite remember the second, third is the phone dream and fourth is getting the second bathroom. All you really need to do is play the game and you will eventually get most of them normally.
Thanks

MrHanni

Feb 19, 2019
The second one is missable. You have to do it with her in the attic in the evening before it becomes her room.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I don't really know how artists deal with lack of inspiration but maybe stop working on the game for some time and experience some other things that may inspire you. Like books, movies, manga or whatever. I think strongest part of this game is writing and no one will be happy if you will force yourself to do it just so there will be x amount of generic dialogs and scenes.
I, uh, tried to take a week-long break in early April, only I messed up the update again, and ended up with only three-ish free days. I'll maybe try again in a month or so.

Rae or bust only finished second? Must have been some sort of polling error. Might need a recount.
I may or may not have had to hack the poll. No further comments!

Maybe doing those things that are pending could possibly help with the inspiration issues you're having? Doing things that have already been decided on for an update or two might relieve the stress of trying to think of new things to do? I mean neither having 'you can vote in polls' tiers and then not having polls, nor having polls and not doing the things voted on are good.
And yeah, the concept of rollover votes relies on subsequent polls having the same options, so they would work for 'Which character gets the most attention next update' or 'Which of these scenes/CG sets should be added' polls, not for 'What is this new character going to be like' or 'What happens in the story' polls.
It's not the ideas for the scenes, it's the actual writing that's giving me trouble lately. Like, I have a rough outline of an event, and then I sit in front of the screen for hours, writing and rewriting the same three lines of dialogue until there's a breakthrough. It's kind of a shitty way to work.

And yes, I should improve the poll situation. Maybe have more polls for minor stuff.

ahitr_cg_200428_nude_06.png
And here's a bonus freebie pic from the latest CG set, with Cait returning to the loft. Another (SFW) freebie is available at and full set for all Patrons is out at

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I, uh, tried to take a week-long break in early April, only I messed up the update again, and ended up with only three-ish free days. I'll maybe try again in a month or so.

I may or may not have had to hack the poll. No further comments!

It's not the ideas for the scenes, it's the actual writing that's giving me trouble lately. Like, I have a rough outline of an event, and then I sit in front of the screen for hours, writing and rewriting the same three lines of dialogue until there's a breakthrough. It's kind of a shitty way to work.

And yes, I should improve the poll situation. Maybe have more polls for minor stuff.

View attachment 636621
And here's a bonus freebie pic from the latest CG set, with Cait returning to the loft. Another (SFW) freebie is available at and full set for all Patrons is out at
Look like Cait now got a lot of love from fans, and again a fine pieces of art right there. Truly lovely
And hope for the 2 girls in the Dream and Game world would be take to MC house and become members of his harem in the future

Reactions: ZanithOne
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes