Nov 9, 2017
Perhaps it is because I played a lot of RPGs back in the day (and even the admin of a wiki on one) but it is kind of awkward to know more then the MC.
Realms = Many Worlds Theory (D&D has the many world in the Prime Material plane, the realms of Ravenloft, the many realties of the Sliders show, and GURPS Infinite Worlds).
Magic = Authentic Thaumaturgy (an RPG supplement by last updated in 2002) or Clarke's/Nivin's Law depending on how you look at it.
I expect he's familiar with all that. But that doesn't mean he knows how it really is in his world.
You missed the point. The dialogue options and the way the succubus reacts to the 'I understand' it is clear he does not have clue one. But given the myriad of options he should bring up one or more of them- even if it is wrong.
If you found yourself in his situation, would you just assume that everything is like it is in D&D?
No because I have several other options that to me make more sense (several of which I mentioned in my post). In terms of how long they have been around they are (all bolded dates are before D&D):

* The "Sideways in Time" (1934) variant of Many Worlds Theory complete with DC Crisis like event
* DC/Marvel multiverse (1955/1961 for DC, not sure about Marvel)
* Star Trek's "Mirror, Mirror" Episode (1967)
* The Chronicles of Amber (1970-1991)
* Timemaster RPG (1984)
* GURPS TIme Travel (1991)
* Sliders TV show (1995-2000)
* Slayers Try anime (1997)
* GURPS Infinite Worlds (2005-present day) - This not D&D would be my goto as it even has something that mirror the method of transport that happens to the MC - a Banestorm
* (Dec 17, 2012-Present) a fan creation for GURPS Infinite Worlds where, thank to spirits, what you imagine can come true.

Unless the MC has been living under a rock hs should have heard of at least one of those even if it is in passing (these are not totally correct but I think it should give the list of what I am talking about):
"Echos? Oh I have heard of those, They are part of this novel series where all other realities are an illusion"
"Realms? You mean other realties as in Many Worlds Theory or that Slider's TV show?"
and so on.

Also if the player can kind of imagine stuff into existence and the TV works the first thing I would do should be to imagine my computer with full internet and look this crap up.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You missed the point. The dialogue options and the way the succubus reacts to the 'I understand' it is clear he does not have clue one. But given the myriad of options he should bring up one or more of them- even if it is wrong.

No because I have several other options that to me make more sense (several of which I mentioned in my post). In terms of how long they have been around they are (all bolded dates are before D&D):

1) The "Sideways in Time" (1934) variant of Many Worlds Theory complete with DC Crisis like event
2) DC/Marvel multiverse (1955/1961 for DC, not sure about Marvel)
3) The Chronicles of Amber (1970-1991)
4) Timemaster RPG (1984)
5) GURPS TIme Travel (1991)
6) Sliders TV show (1995-2000)
7) Slayers Try anime (1997)
8) GURPS Infinite Worlds (2005-present day) - This not D&D would be my goto as it even has something that mirror the method of transport that happens to the MC - a Banestorm
9) (Dec 17, 2012-Present) a fan creation for GURPS Infinite Worlds where, thank to spirits, what you imagine can come true.

Unless the MC has been living under a rock hs should have heard of at least one of those even if it is in passing (these are not totally correct but I think it should give the list of what I am talking about):
"Echos? Oh I have heard of those, They are part of this novel series where all other realities are an illusion"
"Realms? You mean other realties as in Many Worlds Theory?"
and so on.
I got your point just fine. I happen to disagree with it. The fact you would prefer to use a more obscure example than D&D is an absurd nitpick, try answering the actual point which is that assuming that what he's got himself into is the same as any fiction from his world is a really dumb assumption to make.

Reactions: Real Kreten
Nov 9, 2017
I got your point just fine. I happen to disagree with it. The fact you would prefer to use a more obscure example than D&D is an absurd nitpick, try answering the actual point which is that assuming that what he's got himself into is the same as any fiction from his world is a really dumb assumption to make.
Not really considering fiction covers such a huge range that to assume the situation has no analog to any fiction is the position that would be bag of hammers dumb.

Besides the reason I go to GURPS Infinite Worlds is because it collects every major variation imagined and since it is modular you can mix and match components.
* "Sideways in Time", DC/Marvel multiverses (we are at 6 for DC now), Sliders, Mirror, Mirror Episode - default Infinite Worlds setting.
* Timemaster RPG variant (a more logical form of Timecop) - Time Corps setting
* Physical time travel through psionic means - Order of the Hourglass
* "Doors" to different realities ala Level 4 of the Web in D&D's Queen of the Demonweb Pits (Q1) - Horatio Club
* Darkest of Day video game - Eternity's Rangers
* The Chronicles of Amber - effectively Azoth-7 setting in Infinite Worlds

The setting is example of this mix and matching. The five Earths many be a nod to Crisis (and if the MC hasn't heard of that what coma has he been in since 1986?), has spirits that can make things you imagine real (sound like this game doesn't it?), allows you too "time travel" (actual go to alternate realities), and I think you have gotten the point . Heck Fantasy Earth is basically D&D is the file numbers filed off and a lot less prone to checking logic at the door.

You're going for one reference while I am going for a tool kit that is also the dictionary.

Never mind I had "Realms = Many Worlds Theory (D&D has the many world in the Prime Material plane, the realms of Ravenloft, the many realties of the Sliders show, and GURPS Infinite Worlds)." and you replied "I expect he's familiar with all that" ie he also knew GURPS Infinite Worlds! And now that is not working you are going into how obscure it is. Also the High Frontier board game has, according to boardgeek, 1.5k players. GURPS. in 2017, had 8.8K according to Orr Group Industry Report. Yet board games is $345 million while RPGs is only $55 million. (Collectable card games dominate everything at $725 million) So the MC knows of board game with fewer players then an RPG that is in larger market iethe MC knows of a game more obscure than GURPS!

More over the MC comes off a little dence as he is familiar with Harley Quinn who has traveled the DC multiverse (she was even in the Bombshells reality where she drove Hitler to sucide). Much of what is in GURPS Infinite Worlds has also shown up as part of one of the six DC multiverse that have been around since 1953 (yeh I messed up on the date) with Wonder Woman #59. Convergance actually tied all of them together. And while GURPS Infinite Worlds is relatively obscure that argument doesn't fly with DC or Marvel.

Also none of this doesn't explain why our MC doesn't ask about imaging a computer with internet connection (the TV works) so he can get information he doesn't know.

Last edited:

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
It may surprise you, but it's entirely possible to know (or at least know of) all kinds of obscure things without acquiring any degree of familiarity with your particular area of obsession.
Should the MC have seen some very basic, watered down version of the multiverse theory somewhere in pop-culture? Probably. Would that be particularly useful for him? Not really.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Bear in mind as well that the world the MC comes from isn't ours. The pop culture he knows isn't necessarily the same as our own. He might not know about the mulitverse theory simply because it doesn't exist on his world.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Bear in mind as well that the world the MC comes from isn't ours. The pop culture he knows isn't necessarily the same as our own. He might not know about the mulitverse theory simply because it doesn't exist on his world.
That's one thing most people tend to overlook. A human character existing in the game doesn't automatically mean he or she is from our modern earth, unless explicitly stated by the dev/story. That said, we also don't seem to know much about the MC's background or really what kind of world he lives in (or lived) other than that very short visit earlier in the story, which, to be honest, didn't show us much of anything.

kanatik_

Oct 13, 2019
Found this game only today.
BUT HOW GOOD THIS SHIT IS, HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE.
Just one dream with rae/cait is better than 90% games here.

And even more, source code is finally written by a programmer that knows what he's doing, so my eyes don't bleed reading 1kk line long script.rpy. Quests, navigator, triggers, ... You can cum just from that alone.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Most that I've seen only use frame sequences for low 2-3 fps animations, not 30fps+ videos. Maybe it's the call thing? I thought that videos just used scene or show like with any other displayable.
The call thing is only for the logical part, it still uses the usual show for actual display. The call is only important because it switches context levels, and I've seen some weird stuff happening with context level transfers in renpy, but I honestly don't have time nor any inclination to get down that hole.

Can’t seem to unlock Lyriel new content. Any thoughts?
Please get the latest version, there were some errors in progression/migration codes, it should be fixed now. If you still can't access the new content, please PM your save to me or post it here, I'll try to figure out the issue.

I cannot get the reward from Rae. I'm having headache to get it, I fought and won lots of time but she never wants give me the reward. Make the story
a bit easy,
please :cautious:
Could you post or PM me your save please? This is an older event, and it shouldn't be broken.

if you use old save will you be able to see new content or just re play the game i sure i could just load this and figure it out but wanna ask if this may be something on my end?
You should be able to see all new content when migrating from the older save. There might be bugs, though, so if you can't get a particular event or scene, let me know.

I played 0.4.9r1 but there are no events of Lyriel and Cait.
i'm using savefile of 0.4.8r1. how should i do for watch new events? is it bug?
Get the latest version, it should be fixed.

I was looking for recent saves because I have been experiencing problems lately.
The thing is that I used to play the official android version but since last 2 updates, I have been playing pc compressed one through the joiplay app. I am not sure why, but since then whenever I encounter new scenes or even replaying old ones, most of the animations go into error screen, usually because apparently there are variables not found.

Are you working to make it more compatible? Could you (or someone else) please share a save and persistent before 0.4.9? I would love to keep enjoying this game update by update... But so far is so long already that I would prefer not to play it again in full...

Thanks!
If you are playing official version and are getting errors, please send your save to me, I'll have a look. I cannot offer support for unofficial versions, though.

I think the gallery scene for Cait thighjob is bugged. The gallery.util is checking if seen_label_names are in [cait_shower_malfunction.do_it, cait_thighjob.start], or something. I even checked with renpy.seen_label to ensure both scene labels are registered as having been seen. Frankly the easiest way to make sure is just to remove the cait_shower_malfunction label since all other scenes works fine.
I don't think I ever got any reports about this scene unlock being bugged. Could you PM me or post your .persistent and save files here?

What is the next version - 0.4.10 or 0.5.0?
0.4.10, 0.5.0 will come with the next cast addition.

dude how fast does this game get updated? last i checked a couple weeks ago we were at 4.6, when the hell did we get to 4.9?? are the updates weekly?
I try to push out updates every two weeks, but realistically it's more every three weeks.

I'm still waiting for the cash to have some use... like maybe going back to MC world and buying the girls some gifts :unsure:
It's planned, but "our" world requires more environment work, and I'm a bit swamped with stuff as is.

i hope this game stays alive and updated frequently ...be a shame to see it fall into the fast growing abandoned piles
my top 3 fav games are S.H.E.L.T.E.R. and TakeOver and of course THIS One
Well, I have no plans of abandoning it, obviously. The Patreon pays for my time and even for additional writing and art work. Bad stuff could always happen, of course, but even if worst comes to worst, I have contingency plans to open up the game code, art sources, and my notes on the direction of the game.

Behold, my first ever post in this Forum.
I've played this game up to 4.08 so far and I've really enjoyed it. Overall I think it's well done, clearly not without its issues as is the case with everything really, but I like where this is going. Good shit.
I hope you will excuse me for not going through your comment line by line. Some of your suggestions are planned, (talking about Naomi's nipples, etc.), but I don't know when I'll get to it. More important story events and all that takes priority, after all.

Also I'm an illustrator so if you ever want additional I put on design and art direction hit me up, I'm in your discord.
Also also (last time I swear) I'm from the Caribbean so if you want some island life stories n shit for Naomi...
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still trying to organize the work better after adding a writer and an artist to the team (and failing at that tbh), so I'm wary of bringing even more people, even as consultants. But the stories could def come in handy!

Can I miss a scene forever if I don`t have points of lewd and intimacy enough during an event? I know that I will have more opportunities with most of the scenes, as the ones asking for a quicky or anal to rae, but I don't know if there are some scenes that, if you don't have the points, you miss the opportunity.
There are a couple of skippable scenes, but I will try to bring those back as optional dreams/fantasies later on.

Hey,

Why don't you add an option for us to load the game from in-game checkpoints like other games do, so we don't have to store our savegames and eventually loose them over a format or something, playing the game from scratch ruins the experience of a new update :/

I finished the first update and now after few months downloaded the new one but my save file for some reason is corrupted, gives me error logs and if I press "ignore" or "rollback" it still pops the error log.

Thanks guys

PS: One of the best games ever played =)
Thank you for your kind words. About your save, could you post it or PM it to me if you don't mind? The migration code should take care of any post-0.3.0 save. There were some additional issues with save compatibility, but those should've been fixed for quite some time as well.

And about the checkpoints, I'm afraid this wouldn't work as the storylines are mostly decoupled. You could progress with one girl without ever interacting with the others.

Why the pirate girl is the easy going and understanding character of the game, almost the maternal figure? It´s supposed that pirates are criminals, thieves and murderers... It would make more sense if the girl with a nasty character were Naomi instead the elf, or if Naomi were some other thing instead a pirate, maybe some kind of honorable warrior, if she has to be the cliche of the big, muscular woman. So, she could stop saying "boyo", "gyal" and all those annoying things. :LOL: It's just a comment, I know the dev is not going to change it now.
There are conflicting accounts of the pirate life in the Golden Age of Piracy, but I believe that current historiography places them as a special case of contemporary (in the historical sense) sailors. As in, they weren't that much more brutal than the soldiers and seafaring folk of that age. Criminals, sure, murderers, perhaps, but not all the time and not recreational.

I will admit that I'm not an expert of the topic, though, so I will welcome corrections, and if anyone want to explore the topic more in-depth, articles like this would be a good starting point.

Huh...I seem to have a problem with the replay gallery...
Everytime I unlock a scene, I can replay it...but if I save, exit and open the game again, the whole gallery is locked again...
There was an issue with persistent storage not being properly initialized, please download the latest version.

Found an issue after visiting Caitlyn. Attached is a copy of the traceback...

It's probably keeping me from progressing some of the other story lines.
The latest version should've fixed this.

I've never thought nipple penetration is my thing. But thanks to the dev, I might find a new fetish!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I went way over budget time-wise with this event, and working with liquids in engine is a huge time-sink, that is the real reason for the omission, I'm afraid. Maybe I will get back to it some day, but it is unlikely.

Perhaps it is because I played a lot of RPGs back in the day (and even the admin of a wiki on one) but it is kind of awkward to know more then the MC.
Realms = Many Worlds Theory (D&D has the many world in the Prime Material plane, the realms of Ravenloft, the many realties of the Sliders show, and GURPS Infinite Worlds).
Magic = Authentic Thaumaturgy (an RPG supplement by last updated in 2002) or Clarke's/Nivin's Law depending on how you look at it.
I would love to add an exposition dump to the game, explaining at least some things about the "multiverse", but I simply can't find time to do that. Maybe when the "study" repeatable rework happens.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Oh, one for the endless list of 'tiny immersion tweaks': Perhaps after we open up travel to our world, we could stop mentioning how useless the change in the closet is?

Reactions: ZanithOne

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
ZanithOne
I was looking for recent saves because I have been experiencing problems lately.
The thing is that I used to play the official android version but since last 2 updates, I have been playing pc compressed one through the joiplay app. I am not sure why, but since then whenever I encounter new scenes or even replaying old ones, most of the animations go into error screen, usually because apparently there are variables not found.

While looking for the saves I encountered a post where you were explaining about the code not being fully universal between platform versions. Is this error I am observing consequence of that?

Are you working to make it more compatible? Could you (or someone else) please share a save and persistent before 0.4.9? I would love to keep enjoying this game update by update... But so far is so long already that I would prefer not to play it again in full...

Thanks!
This game uses a non-standard way of implementing variables and requires a patched version of RenPy as a result. It is likely JoiPlay is interfering with this by using its own native(non-patched) libraries. As far as making the game compatible; it is possible, but tedious and unnecessary. You should be able to transfer your existing saves to either the new official compressed android build or my own unofficial one. It is generally better to use actual Android builds rather than Joiplay, when possible.

Slawter01

Jun 27, 2020
I've just downloaded the latest version of the game. After comparing the scene gallery between the 4.9 and 4.6 versions there aren't any new scenes in there. Are the new scenes mentioned in the change log purely story events?

Apr 21, 2018
The thighjob shows up in the gallery for me and plays fine. I'm on a later version, though, but I don't really remember fixing this event's entry.
It seems the game only recognizes the persistent file in the game's folder under the appdata directory, as it is not working for me.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
This game uses a non-standard way of implementing variables and requires a patched version of RenPy as a result. It is likely JoiPlay is interfering with this by using its own native(non-patched) libraries. As far as making the game compatible; it is possible, but tedious and unnecessary. You should be able to transfer your existing saves to either the new official compressed android build or my own unofficial one. It is generally better to use actual Android builds rather than Joiplay, when possible.
Oh, Joiplay replaces underlying libraries? Then yes, it wouldn't be compatible.

Are you working to make it more compatible?
I'm afraid not. I will be making further changes in core renpy libraries to make life easier for myself, so the compatibility with third party software and various launchers/emulator is going to get worse, not better.

I've just downloaded the latest version of the game. After comparing the scene gallery between the 4.9 and 4.6 versions there aren't any new scenes in there. Are the new scenes mentioned in the change log purely story events?
You can check out the change log, there are 3 new sex scenes for Cait between 0.4.6 and 0.4.9.

It seems the game only recognizes the persistent file in the game's folder under the appdata directory, as it is not working for me.
That is weird. I removed my own persistent files from everywhere an after adding yours, all the scenes were unlocked. I would share my persistent file, but it's a bit broken and not fully unlocked. If you can, hop onto the Discord, someone will share their file with you there.

Reactions: BreastsAss
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes