Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Only HJ/BJ for now. I'm somewhat of an adherent of the "sex progression" thing. There was a cool word/phrase for it used on this here very forum in one of the more popular "pet peeve" threads, but I can't find it right now. Anyway! For Cait/Lyr, it's non-PIV sex acts first. And I talk about it more in the SotG post linked in the beginning of this post.
I'm really looking forward to when we can start returning the favour with her. I love how many of Cait's scenes are us pleasuring her, would love to see more of that with the other girls.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I did manage to help Lyriel cleaning the dishes before the dirty dishes talk ever came up.
Never questioned until then that no one did that. :D

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

Cierne

Jul 5, 2018
I've grown to enjoy Lyriel talking like a valley girl.
Wonder if she'll do so once things get more romantic?
Cuddling and holding hands while she keeps talking like that would sure be something.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Look like Lyriel was slowly going from a bad mouthed bitch into the famous tsundere girl, the ice are melted and the thorns was slowly being clean off. Hope in the next update we would have some more storyline with her

• Thinking Face

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
Only HJ/BJ for now. I'm somewhat of an adherent of the "sex progression" thing. There was a cool word/phrase for it used on this here very forum in one of the more popular "pet peeve" threads, but I can't find it right now. Anyway!
Stairway to Heaven, right?

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Compressed Android build cannot be installed. Android 10. Huawei P20 Pro. Straight away says, "App can't be installed."
Can't really say anything from this message alone. Installation sometimes fails if you have less than ~3Gb of free space on your device.

Could also be some vendor-specific incompatibility. If you are able to gather installation logs (using logcat/mlogcat or any other logging tool), I can try to diagnose an issue, but android stuff is handled by RenPy, I doubt I'll be able to do much.

Stairway to Heaven, right?
Yes! That's the thing.

Cacaprout123

Nov 14, 2019
Can't really say anything from this message alone. Installation sometimes fails if you have less than ~3Gb of free space on your device.

Could also be some vendor-specific incompatibility. If you are able to gather installation logs (using logcat/mlogcat or any other logging tool), I can try to diagnose an issue, but android stuff is handled by RenPy, I doubt I'll be able to do much.

Yes! That's the thing.
Stairway to heaven yet didn't even start with a kiss

bbalt

Aug 12, 2020
I'm maybe an hour and half in and I am legitimately blown away by how well put together everything about this game is.

I'll probably put my more detailed thoughts into a review once I finish, but so far this is absolutely top notch work.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Stairway to heaven yet didn't even start with a kiss
There are, like, different stairways, dude, you know? One is for just sex and other is for the soul and all them feelings.

Yes, I am. Some scene are not really playable (like the one on the bridge) because of the lag. Does playing in the phone affect the video playing that much? :(
Unfortunately, yes. I am looking into possible solutions for this. The most obvious one would be to downsize the videos, but I really don't want to do that. I will try a couple of other things first.

• Red Heart
Reactions: gnuh

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
Unfortunately, yes. I am looking into possible solutions for this. The most obvious one would be to downsize the videos, but I really don't want to do that. I will try a couple of other things first.
No-one seemed to mind(or even notice) when I dropped them to 540p in my builds, for what it's worth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Forcing hardware acceleration might help; not too many phones support VP8 decode, but newer phones tend to support VP9.

Last edited:

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
No-one seemed to mind(or even notice) when I dropped them to 540p in my builds, for what it's worth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Forcing hardware acceleration might help; not too many phones support VP8 decode, but newer phones tend to support VP9.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware, the hw_video only matters when the movie_cutscene is used to display the video, right? It's enabled by default in any case, it just doesn't seem to do anything for movie sprites.

Cacaprout123

Nov 14, 2019
There are, like, different stairways, dude, you know? One is for just sex and other is for the soul and all them feelings.

Damn I've tried to fool him but he's too smart

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes