MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
Ok, liking the newest version so far. Find the new housemate (Blair) super sexxy. I'm looking forward to discovering where things can go with her.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey, folks. Apologies for the long absence. With the move and trying to get back to speed with work I basically gave up on most communication channels for a while. Now I'm back, but ngl, I'm too intimidated by the number of posts to do one of my big-reply-posts. I skimmed most of your comments, but please, if there's something you want to ask or there's something I need to see, post it again. I'll do my best not to disappear in the immediate future.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hey, folks. Apologies for the long absence. With the move and trying to get back to speed with work I basically gave up on most communication channels for a while. Now I'm back, but ngl, I'm too intimidated by the number of posts to do one of my big-reply-posts. I skimmed most of your comments, but please, if there's something you want to ask or there's something I need to see, post it again. I'll do my best not to disappear in the immediate future.
Glad you're safe, glad you're back. I wouldn't worry too much about the "backlog" of posts, just do what you do and we'll play it! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ZanithOne

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Welcome back. Now hold still while we fit your ankle with a heavy iron chain and secure it to your work station. You'll be allowed a bathroom break every 4 days, and you can have a sip of water every 2 days and a crust of bread every 3. Also sleep is no longer allowed. Yep, so good to have you back.

gropax

Dec 24, 2017
So I had a mishap with my PC and needed to reinstall so I figured this would be a good time to start this again fresh. Everything was going fine again in the beginning but I am back to the same issue I had before with the videos not playing in a loop. Am I just incredibly unlucky or is there something I can do to solve this? I know its been brought up a number of times by myself and other players but I haven't seen a solution yet and it's the only Renpy game out of the 12 I'm currently playing that does it so it seems unlikely that it's an issue with my system. Here is a log, save and video with statistics.
Facing the same issue. Have you found a solution?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Unfortunately I haven't. I think it has something to do with the way the dynamic loops are called in but I'm not sure. The repeatables aren't coded like they normally are in games like this. It's the only one I'm playing now that takes that approach and it just so happens it's the only one I have this problem with. The only thing that temporarily fixes it is starting the game over. It still goes right back to doing the same thing later.

It may seem like a minor issue but it really ruins the scenes for me. This game is just as much about spending time with the girls as it is finding out what is going on with everything so it's important for everything to flow smoothly. It has been brought up by other players as well but it hasn't been resolved. I guess I'm not overly optimistic that it will be. I'll check back at 0.7 and see how it is but I may have to stop playing this gem. It's too bad really, this was one of my favorites but it's not very enjoyable for me at the moment.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
My only reply to this is, stay safe and if you must disappear for the safety of you / your family / your crew, do so without hesitation and we'll hope to see you unscathed when the dust settles.
Thank you. TBH, the only person who is in some kind of an actual danger is one of the contractors who's stuck in Ukraine. Luckily, they're pretty far from the frontlines, but unfortunately I can't assist them in any meaningful way. The rest of us are inconvenienced to various degrees, but it was important for me personally to stop paying taxes to country that is waging the war of aggression. Hence the hurried move.

I haven't played this in a long time although I am aware there are some new ladies added to the house.

ZanithOne Would it be possible to add/update the preview images in the OP to include the full cast now? Thank you
Yes, I should really get to it. And I will, uh, soon?.. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I haven't.
This might have to do with the older renpy build. I should be able to port the game to the latest renpy version relatively soon and I hope this will solve the issue. I don't think my code has much to do with this since there's not much difference in showing movies right in the script vs showing them in a special call, the displayables should behave the same.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
This might have to do with the older renpy build. I should be able to port the game to the latest renpy version relatively soon and I hope this will solve the issue. I don't think my code has much to do with this since there's not much difference in showing movies right in the script vs showing them in a special call, the displayables should behave the same.
Well that's good to hear. There is an issue somewhere though, it just seems to me like it is that special call not playing nice. But I'm still learning python myself so I don't know all the ins and outs yet. Not much difference is still different :). Hopefully it all works out well and I can keep playing this great game.

gropax

Dec 24, 2017
Thank you for your reply! If it helps, I'd also add that I used the patch to update the game from the previous version. Patiently waiting for the fix, take you time, legend.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
It would be really nice if there was an option to sleep with the women more often--like besides ether walks. Affection is good, and more cuddling would be nice.

Along those lines, in the repeatable scene where you find Rae in your bed with her pants down, it would be nice to have the option to lay down next to her and rub her butt with the further option of having sex with her or not.

Just my thoughts. Stay safe!
In case you missed it...

Chesterbax

May 2, 2020
I've just downloaded the android version, and it won't load for me. Whenever I try to load it up, it says unpacking files and than it closes. Can anyone help me figure out why?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Thank you. TBH, the only person who is in some kind of an actual danger is one of the contractors who's stuck in Ukraine. Luckily, they're pretty far from the frontlines, but unfortunately I can't assist them in any meaningful way. The rest of us are inconvenienced to various degrees, but it was important for me personally to stop paying taxes to country that is waging the war of aggression. Hence the hurried move.

Yes, I should really get to it. And I will, uh, soon?.. :rolleyes:

All the best to your Ukrainian guy. Hoping he's safe - though even cities like Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk are not, let alone Odessa.

PRINCE2126

Jul 13, 2017
I absolutely love this game been playing the game for a while now but ive seen some conversation about the possibility of adding MMF to the game and sharing aside from when it happened to the aunt elf character and it may include the main girls please tell me this was a joke and that this will not be a part of the game cause that will be really fucked up

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I absolutely love this game been playing the game for a while now but ive seen some conversation about the possibility of adding MMF to the game and sharing aside from when it happened to the aunt elf character and it may include the main girls please tell me this was a joke and that this will not be a part of the game cause that will be really fucked up
Where did you hear that? The only male character of consequence other than the MC so far has been Caitlin's headmaster who has been seen once and shown zero sexual interest in anyone.

PRINCE2126

Jul 13, 2017
Where did you hear that? The only male character of consequence other than the MC so far has been Caitlin's headmaster who has been seen once and shown zero sexual interest in anyone.
I saw it on his discord by search and once in f95 page 40-50 of this discussion and another time in the 200-300 page and i decided to ask just to make sure

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
In case you missed it...
Oh, yes, stuff like this is always "planned", but at the same time it's always in the background. I often say I'm unhappy with the general pace of development, and that still holds true. My focus is still on getting the stories progressing faster. I'm trying to sneak in a side feature or two now and then, but it's a rare treat.

I've just downloaded the android version, and it won't load for me. Whenever I try to load it up, it says unpacking files and than it closes. Can anyone help me figure out why?
I'm afraid this might have something to do with the apk size. The android version just passed 2GB in size, and I believe people were encountering issues with the hi-res version when the same happened to it. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do to help. I'll migrate to the newer version of RenPy soon-ish, then maybe joiplay will work with the game.

I also have another, potentially more long-term solution for the game, but I'm not yet sure if it'll work out.

I don't think I ever said that anything like that is planned. I prefer not to make any promises about future content, but for now there are no such plans.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-house-in-the-rift-v0-6-0-r2-zanith.29627/post-7806558

dijish

Jun 1, 2020
not sure if others mentioned before, but I triggered a bug which disables me from loading every saves both before the triggered event and after it. It happens when Caitlin is trying to order the glasses. Now each load will cause an error, and rollback or ignore will only lead to that scene. Here's the traceback and a save file as an example.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes