TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
Apparently?

I was just going through my gallery's trying to get caught up and was referencing your post to make finding them easier. These were not in the list so I thought I'd be a good community member and help out.
i am sorry i did not mean to be mean. i was just not sure as i did not see anything in the changelogs that said there were new pics.
EDIt: apparently i am blind i just found it

Squarblesport

Nov 9, 2020
How to find : "

• Bonus animated dream with Annie (petite blonde girl from the intro) (with partial voice acting)
"

I looked in the game and on this thread- am I missing something obvious?

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Was the "wait until next update" quest removed? I don't have any quests remaining but I also don't have that one.
Or am I confusing things and it was always this way for this game?

Cypher95

Mar 16, 2022
Hey all i haven't been able to trigger any of the pool scenes, for the girls or progress the story. Please help. i attached my save file.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
There isn't really much to "get" about Blair right now, she's only just been introduced.

That being said, she feels like a foil to the MC, coming from a world where magic doesn't exist as the others recognise it, but more of a lean on technology, like the MC's world.

But where the MC once had to explain technology to the other girls, they're having to explain magic to someone for whom magic is an impossibility. Or it might be more accurate to say that the girls are now in the MC's shoes, having to explain magic, mana and etherwalking to someone who is a complete sceptic.

Actually, you can understand where Blair's frustration comes from when she repeatedly asks for an explanation and she just gets "its magic" or "its just how we do it" as responses. And Caitlyn certainly didn't help by going into complex theories that went over Blair's head (note that Blair isn't stupid, she's quite intelligent and observant, but Caitlyn made the mistake of not starting from the basics. Because I guarantee, from Blair's perspective, Caitlyn was just spouting nonsensical nonsense to make herself sound smarter and to ridicule Blair).

To be honest, most of the girls didn't help that much either, save for Rae. Its kind of refreshing really, because each of the other girls are so used to magic in their lives that they are able to wrap their heads around the concept of etherwalking and they're being trapped in the rift, but having to explain that to someone like Blair, who has no experience with magic, it's something outside the wheelhouse of everyone involved, except the MC and that's simply because he's gone through this by himself, with some help with Rae.

Last edited:

DisMel

Apr 15, 2021
There isn't really much to "get" about Blair right now, she's only just been introduced.

That being said, she feels like a foil to the MC, coming from a world where magic doesn't exist as the others recognise it, but more of a lean on technology, like the MC's world.

But where the MC once had to explain technology to the other girls, they're having to explain magic to someone for whom magic is an impossibility. Or it might be more accurate to say that the girls are now in the MC's shoes, having to explain magic, mana and etherwalking to someone who is a complete sceptic.

Actually, you can understand Blair's frustration comes from when she repeatedly asks for an explanation and she just gets "its magic" or "its just how we do it" as responses. And Caitlyn certainly didn't help by going into complex theories that went over Blair's head (note that Blair isn't stupid, she's quite intelligent and observant, but Caitlyn made the mistake of not starting from the basics. Because I guarantee, from Blair's perspective, Caitlyn was just spouting nonsensical nonsense to make herself sound smarter and to ridicule Blair).

To be honest, most of the girls didn't help that much either, save for Rae. Its kind of refreshing really, because each of the other girls are so used to magic in their lives that they are able to wrap their heads around the concept of etherwalking and they're being trapped in the rift, but having to explain that to someone like Blair, who has no experience with magic, it's something outside the wheelhouse of everyone involved, except the MC and that's simply because he's gone through this by himself, with some help with Rae.
Damn that was detailed af. Great analysis bro

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
And Caitlyn certainly didn't help
Did she ever help with anything? Initially, her shy behavior was cute but her character hasn't changed well, to be honest only Rae and Lyriel had any kind of character arc. At this point, I want to skip Caits dialogue because of her shyness and stammering are annoying she always talks and talks but says nothing. She should have become more confident.

In the end, the visuals are the strong side of the game and the story/character development is the weak side of the game.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Did she ever help with anything? Initially, her shy behavior was cute but her character hasn't changed well, to be honest only Rae and Lyriel had any kind of character arc. At this point, I want to skip Caits dialogue because of her shyness and stammering are annoying she always talks and talks but says nothing. She should have become more confident.

In the end, the visuals are the strong side of the game and the story/character development is the weak side of the game.
The characters only seem to have weak development because Zanith wanted to have all the characters introduced before he started on their own arcs.

But let's just talk about Caitlyn for a second. Her biggest problem is that she is a student, she's still learning about, well, everything that would do her well in her world. The problem is compounded that for much of her life, she's been surrounded by peers who have the same level of education as her. Everyone around her in the house has some degree of knowledge about magic, even the MC, as in some cases, he's able to apply scientific knowledge to some of the magical principles. But Blair doesn't come from a "magic-as-energy" world, her understanding is completely different to what Rae or Naomi or Caitlyn or the MC might know, because its such an alien concept to her. When Caitlyn tries to explain, she's made the mistake of trying to explain it like she was helping a peer study, rather than starting from the basics. Blair's getting complex theories that just don't make sense to her, which would feel like Caitlyn was stringing her along.

I think part of Caitlyn's character arc should be that she needs to get out of her way of thinking, not because its "bad" or anything, but rather it limits her. And that will cause her harm/trouble later on in life.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
The characters only seem to have weak development because Zanith wanted to have all the characters introduced before he started on their own arcs.

But let's just talk about Caitlyn for a second. Her biggest problem is that she is a student, she's still learning about, well, everything that would do her well in her world. The problem is compounded that for much of her life, she's been surrounded by peers who have the same level of education as her. Everyone around her in the house has some degree of knowledge about magic, even the MC, as in some cases, he's able to apply scientific knowledge to some of the magical principles. But Blair doesn't come from a "magic-as-energy" world, her understanding is completely different to what Rae or Naomi or Caitlyn or the MC might know, because its such an alien concept to her. When Caitlyn tries to explain, she's made the mistake of trying to explain it like she was helping a peer study, rather than starting from the basics. Blair's getting complex theories that just don't make sense to her, which would feel like Caitlyn was stringing her along.

I think part of Caitlyn's character arc should be that she needs to get out of her way of thinking, not because its "bad" or anything, but rather it limits her. And that will cause her harm/trouble later on in life.
Ill take it a step further. As Blair is not from a world where she is educated, she has a practical education. Fix this, make that, etc. She mentioned many of her kin are miners. I mean how many miners do you know understand why they have a canary in a coal mine (as it dies first if there is carbon monoxide released and no oxygen), they know "run" when the bird dies.

So explaining magic is like explaining love. It is unique to every person who experiences it, and no two people experience it alike.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Ill take it a step further. As Blair is not from a world where she is educated, she has a practical education. Fix this, make that, etc. She mentioned many of her kin are miners. I mean how many miners do you know understand why they have a canary in a coal mine (as it dies first if there is carbon monoxide released and no oxygen) works, they know "run" when the bird dies.

So explaining magic is like explaining love. It is unique to every person who experiences it, and no two people experience it alike.
Yeah, perfect! You can really see it as well with the MC when Blair comes across Pacific Rim and thinks its real. Blair comes from a world where automatons are real and are commonplace. She can't wrap her head around the fact that those realistic looking mechs aren't real or are just digital constructs solely for entertainment, because its just so alien to her that these familiar things don't exist outside of her world.

And you're right, Blair's education is from practical experience, not theory in the case of Caitlyn who then gets to practice. She's far from stupid, she needs to know how things work, the guts of mechanics and technology. She's a born engineer. And of all the girls, I think she's probably the one who would love the MC's world the most.

(As an aside, something I wanted to mention in the previous post but forgot is that Caitlyn is actually a terrible teacher. Instead of trying to understand a baseline of knowledge and building up from there, she just jumped into the deep end and ended up frustrating Blair)

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
(As an aside, something I wanted to mention in the previous post but forgot is that Caitlyn is actually a terrible teacher. Instead of trying to understand a baseline of knowledge and building up from there, she just jumped into the deep end and ended up frustrating Blair)
As an actual teacher (part time college professor) - the cringe factor was high on that scene :)

• Haha
Reactions: ZanithOne

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Played the game from the start again, and I did run into a couple issues. Mainly around the group events.

For example, you can have the big dinner with Rae/Cait/ Lyriel/Naomi when Yoma (I forgot the spelling, Orc girl) has moved in. But she is left out of the event and nobody mentions her.

Not sure if anything can actually be done about these types of things, other than moving back the point where she entered the game. Just a bit of a continuity error.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Lol alright, I just downloaded the game, then the high res updates tried to open the updates to be greeted by a message saying I don't have the game and should download it first??
I played it until I saw Rae in the kitchen FFS, saved and closed the game, and tried unzipping the file again, to be greeted by the same message.
So HOW would I open and install these much-needed updates then??

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
To install the update you need to put the updater in the same folder where you put the game and run it from there.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Lol alright, I just downloaded the game, then the high res updates tried to open the updates to be greeted by a message saying I don't have the game and should download it first??
I played it until I saw Rae in the kitchen FFS, saved and closed the game, and tried unzipping the file again, to be greeted by the same message.
So HOW would I open and install these much-needed updates then??
Just to make sure, if you "just downloaded the game" you should already be on the most updated version, so no need to patch. Cause it sounds like you're trying to install older patches onto a newer version of the game, which is pointless at best and going to cause problems itself at worst.
The "high res" patch is just the patch to update older versions of the original, not-compressed, game so you don't have to download the whole thing again each update. It doesn't make the game higher res or anything.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7empest5teele

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Just to make sure, if you "just downloaded the game" you should already be on the most updated version, so no need to patch. Cause it sounds like you're trying to install older patches onto a newer version of the game, which is pointless at best and going to cause problems itself at worst.
The "high res" patch is just the patch to update older versions of the original, not-compressed, game so you don't have to download the whole thing again each update. It doesn't make the game higher res or anything.
I was hoping the additional files were there to enhance the graphics, rather than just update the version.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes