Skorm007

Nov 27, 2017
Respect everyone's opinion, but I think the variety of girls is top notch here. And hey if you don't like 1 or 2 of them, there's still plenty to enjoy here.

That the personalities aren't always appealing day 1 is to be expected, but I'm sure that'll change as time passes. I didn't like Lyriel's personality day 1 and now she's one of my favorites.

Keep up the good work Zanith!

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I think the most BDSM scene in the game is that patreon bonus scene with rea and cait?
That said, I think we have reached a density of LIs that results in every patch leaving someone unhappy. It's just the way of the world. ^^

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I think the most BDSM scene in the game is that patreon bonus scene with rea and cait?
That said, I think we have reached a density of LIs that results in every patch leaving someone unhappy. It's just the way of the world. ^^
To be fair, on these forums this density is defined as "anything other than sex scenes with MY LI and her alone exists".

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
There's a fair feeling of D/s in many of Lyriel's scenes too, especially her dream scene. Though it isn't really a thing for the other girls, and probably won't be either.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
There's a fair feeling of D/s in many of Lyriel's scenes too, especially her dream scene. Though it isn't really a thing for the other girls, and probably won't be either.
Yeah, the tag is more likely for DS than SM. Though (judging from other discussions on this forum) many seem to equate BDSM with the latter only, with DS being a consequence at best of SM (for whatever reason).

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
Ah yes, Blair sex scene in new update, surely everyone wanted this instead of literally anything else
Agree. Doesn't always have to be a top model, but this... is too niche for me ... even for this game / style.
I wonder what the line of thinking was on this one. What next? Old Biker Dyke with short gray hair and a leather vest?

Last edited:

qwertyXl

Sep 6, 2019
Agree. Doesn't always have to be a top model, but this... is too niche for me ... even for this game / style.
I wonder what the line of thinking was on this one. What next? Old Biker Dyke with short gray hair and a leather vest?
Niche? What's so niche about her? Isn't she just a short girl? lol.
I don't get what's so weird to compare it with introducing a "Old Biker Dyke with short gray hair and a leather vest"

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Niche? What's so niche about her? Isn't she just a short girl? lol.
I don't get what's so weird to compare it with introducing a "Old Biker Dyke with short gray hair and a leather vest"
I don't get it either. She's a typical fantasy Dwarf (i.e. just a bit shorter and stockier than the average human), and not in the Tolkien style where the females are indistinguishable from the males except for thinner beards, but the much more common "female dwarf = sexy thicc shortstack" type, but people are talking about her like she either IS that Tolkien type or a "dwarf" as in a human with dwarfism (a.k.a. a little person or, to be politically incorrect about it, a midget). It's fucking bizarre, it's like they haven't even seen what she looks like in-game and are just going off their preconceived notion of a what "a dwarf girl" is.

Now, the lack of enthusiasm about her scenes being focused on toy-play, THAT I get, but that doesn't have anything to do with her appearance.

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
I don't get it either. She's a typical fantasy Dwarf (i.e. just a bit shorter and stockier than the average human), and not in the Tolkien style where the females are indistinguishable from the males except for thinner beards, but the much more common "female dwarf = sexy thicc shortstack" type, but people are talking about her like she either IS that Tolkien type or a "dwarf" as in a human with dwarfism (a.k.a. a little person or, to be politically incorrect about it, a midget). It's fucking bizarre, it's like they haven't even seen what she looks like in-game and are just going off their preconceived notion of a what "a dwarf girl" is.

Now, the lack of enthusiasm about her scenes being focused on toy-play, THAT I get, but that doesn't have anything to do with her appearance.
Yeah..for all her bullshit I demand at least one pp touch.

Jokes aside, it's like...magical harem with magical girls. I think part of the problem is all the initial girls were more or less just human and then it capped off with an orc and a dwarf. I think introducing them in a more balanced order probably would have quelled some of the controversy before it began and maybe in the future now that they are all in that might be possible, but cats out of the bag.

I get being upset that the content has been a little sparing but author needed to get all the girls in and apparently there are rare few that think yona could be a really good one so as per usual new girl focus for a few updates

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cartageno

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021

Initially I thought she was some sort of Inuit human girl, it took me a while to figure out she is supposed to be a tolkien dwarf.

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
even the females?
I meant "tolkien descended standard fantasy setting" but that is too much of a mouthful
Yeah tolkien had very detailed descriptions of what every race looked like how they behaved all of it. tolkien dwarves are almost indistinguishable gender wise other than females having smaller beards

" Dwarf-women seldom walked abroad, and that only in great need. When they did travel, they were so alike Dwarf-men in voice, appearance, and garb that it was hard for other races to tell them apart. "

Reactions: mrttao and afedvfe

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I apologize, ZanithOne, if this has already been reported. When I continued with this latest release, I happened already to be on Tuesday afternoon, so I had the MC speak with Blair in the garage. After that, I went to the Love Jinsei listings and see that Blair's "in denial". The hint for her at that point reads as the variable being used instead of just the string the variable should be interpreted as:
[u'Check on Rae and Blair in the kitchen in the morning']

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
Yeah, people are acting like Blair's a human with dwarfism but she's a Dwarf, as in the Race from Norse mythology. She's not disabled and she's not a Tolkien Dwarf.
In Norse Mythology, Dwarfs come from a different world/dimension called Svartalfheim (Black Elf Home) and its debatable whether they are Dark Elves themselves or just come from the same place as Dark Elves, but considering that Light Elves are slender magic-using nature lovers it makes sense that, as their opposite, Dark Elves would be Stocky non-magical Technology lovers.
They're slightly shorter than humans (though not always), have dark skin and are good with smithing, crafting and inventing. That's why Blair's more comfortable in the garage with all the tools and the workbench. It's also why she likes the Mechs in Pacific Rim, cause they'd love robotic machinery.
Tolkien did them dirty, he made them shorter, uglier, gave the women beards, characterised them as greedy and insular, turned them white and changed the name from Dwarfs to Dwarves.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, people are acting like Blair's a human with dwarfism but she's a Dwarf, as in the Race from Norse mythology. She's not disabled and she's not a Tolkien Dwarf.
In Norse Mythology, Dwarfs come from a different world/dimension called Svartalfheim (Black Elf Home) and its debatable whether they are Dark Elves themselves or just come from the same place as Dark Elves, but considering that Light Elves are slender magic-using nature lovers it makes sense that, as their opposite, Dark Elves would be Stocky non-magical Technology lovers.
They're slightly shorter than humans (though not always), have dark skin and are good with smithing, crafting and inventing. That's why Blair's more comfortable in the garage with all the tools and the workbench. It's also why she likes the Mechs in Pacific Rim, cause they'd love robotic machinery.
Tolkien did them dirty, he made them shorter, uglier, gave the women beards, characterised them as greedy and insular, turned them white and changed the name from Dwarfs to Dwarves.
Did he actually do the "women with beards" thing, though? That's in The Two Towers film, but I don't remember reading that in The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings. In any case, I think Dungeons & Dragons, Tolkein, and Disney have wrecked dwarfs in general. Now everybody has preconceived notions about them that stray considerably from the Norse mythology. Unfortunate, too: Norse mythology is very much richer than just Thor, Freya, Fenrir, and Valhalla.

Reactions: Halbyn
Dec 3, 2020
Does Blair ever become moderately tolerable later? This "atheism" streak of not believing a single thing related to magic (while constantly insulting everyone around her) is really starting to piss me off. I swear its like trudging through tar whenever she shows up. Its like the dialogue takes 5 times as long to get to the point. Can't stand this goddamn midget. Please tell me it gets better later... -___-

Reactions: HansDampf788

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
Did he actually do the "women with beards" thing, though? That's in The Two Towers film, but I don't remember reading that in The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings. In any case, I think Dungeons & Dragons, Tolkein, and Disney have wrecked dwarfs in general. Now everybody has preconceived notions about them that stray considerably from the Norse mythology. Unfortunate, too: Norse mythology is very much richer than just Thor, Freya, Fenrir, and Valhalla.
That was Tolkien. Well, I think it's from the posthumous compilations of his notes by his Son, so maybe isn't Canon.
People act like Tolkien is sacred though, so I'd bet its Canon now whether he intended it or not.
And, I agree, Norse Mythology is awesome. It's incredible how much cool ideas from the stories we all love are just lifted right out of it.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 319 Votes