UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Is the bug with naomi's quest line not continuing fixed already? I've not checked in a while. Now I wonder if - assuming it is - I can edit something in an existing save to trigger it, or if I need to reload a save where I haven't finished quest 8 yet.

Reactions: ZanithOne

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Another update where nothing happens
v0.6.5r2

• Rae's new story arc begins
  • 5 new scenes, visits to Lady Sirenia
  • Shower sex scene remaster
  • New shower activity

v0.6.4r1

• New event chain for Cait
  • New event for Lyriel
  • New sex scene for Lyriel
  • New activity with Lyirel
  • New mini-activity with Rae
Hmm So nothing happend you say in this or the last update??

sangri31

Apr 9, 2018
I love the references to geek culture, Arthurian mythos, and Doctor Who?! I can't wait to catch up to current development to leave a full review! It's fantastic, so far!

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Uh oh, I think I found a bug...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for all the bug reports! Some timing issues are definitely in there, the legacy of live development. I'll try to fix as many of those as I can.

I think I may have found a timing bug with a certain character...

So the light setting is actually still the morning, it just needs to be a bit weird, otherwise the mirror gets all messed up. I might be able to make it less "dusky", but I don't know when I'll get to that.
And about the vanishing, would you by any chance have a save where this happens?

uh oh ZanithOne

I found another one that triggers way too early in the game logic.

Oops found another one kinda... Tuesday Evenings the game is showing Naomi & Cait in the West Hall but can't be found in game during the time period... maybe a mispointed reference to the Hall for when Cait is reading stories to Naomi while sitting in the front door?
The West Hall thing should be quest-related, and I've got quite a few reports of this exact quest breaking. Any chance of you having a save made at that point as well?

Help? For some reason in the new content, right after I etherwalk with Rae we don't immedaitely talk about Lady Sirenia and I instead get the ".repeat_morning" dialog.
If you have a save right before the wrong scene triggers, could you please post it? It might be a remnant trigger from an earlier (incorrectly terminated?) event.

ch.12 of Rae's story doesn't seem to trigger at all, not sure how you're supposed to trigger it
the girls should be in the living room in the morning but it doesn't seem to happen at any point
Could you please post your save?

Is the bug with naomi's quest line not continuing fixed already? I've not checked in a while. Now I wonder if - assuming it is - I can edit something in an existing save to trigger it, or if I need to reload a save where I haven't finished quest 8 yet.
Naomi's questline should be mostly fixed in 0.6.7, when her next story push happens.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
save and persistent attached, hope they help
edit: save replaced with newer one
Okay, I see the problem. The code tries to put Yona into the living room with all the others, but her first two quests make her stay in her room. I'll fix this dependency in the future updates, but for now you can just complete the first two of Yona's events.

Reactions: asdhfa and Vanderer

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Good to know on Naomi. Guess I'll just accept being stuck on quest 8 for now and wait.
As for the issue of the scary stories characters disappearing for a time period:
I can confirm and might be able to find a save of this later. Assuming no one posts one until then.
When Cait told the MC to go to the attic, she and Naomi were sitting in the main door, and there was no way to trigger them anywhere else - then, after the event, they are occasionally shown to be there on the quick map, but, of course, they aren't.

• Thinking Face
May 20, 2020
Alrighty, here's what I have ZanithOne

1-6 shows the brushing of her hair...
2-2 shows the glasses long before the proper event is unlocked
2-5 shows "Period Drama" not triggering properly
-- Sorry looks like I don't have a save handy where Naomi & Cait are supposed to be in the West Hall according to the quick map but aren't there. -- I'm believing this is directly related to the mission "Scary Stories"
5-3 another for the brushing of the hair, however I believe it shows it triggering before the flag for it unlocks as it opened up pretty early for me before I got the one of her staring blankly into the mirror.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
If you have a save right before the wrong scene triggers, could you please post it? It might be a remnant trigger from an earlier (incorrectly terminated?) event.
Here's my save from the conclusion of 0.6.4r1
It's not literally "right before I wake up incorrectly" but hopefully that's ok?

I also tried playing with my save from the conclusion of 0.6.3r1 and it broke in the same way

(I know I can permit myself access to the console and manually conclude the event, but I don't know if that'd break something else down the line)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I like Lyriel and Naomi dynamic. they get on each others nerves, would be great to see them together dark and light skin contrasting :love:
While I agree that it would be fun to see them together, I don't really remember them getting on each other's nerves that much. Except at the start, when Lyriel was getting on everyone's nerves. When I think of Naomi having problems with another girl, it's always Rae. Now those two don't seem to get along very well a lot of the time.

Feb 23, 2019
While I agree that it would be fun to see them together, I don't really remember them getting on each other's nerves that much. Except at the start, when Lyriel was getting on everyone's nerves. When I think of Naomi having problems with another girl, it's always Rae. Now those two don't seem to get along very well a lot of the time.
oh yeah, i got it mixed up. I guess i thought that because of their differing personalities. Naomi/Lyriel is still my dream scene tho lol

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Some thoughts after 2nd play in a week:

1) very good interaction. I basically finish most in the 1st play by just walking around and talking others. No much need for guidance or hints except near the end when quests nearly run out.

2) everyone is nice, but rae is too good for me to really care much about others. Their stories are all cool, especially when rae comes in.

3) MC is now basically a driver in the walk. Someone wants to do something, see someone, buy something, and they come to MC. However, MC should also be much impressed by the others world where magic works. He might also want to do something here for himself, like studies something in the university of magic, and maybe also need something back in earth, instead of just drive peoples there upon their requests.

4) When buying glass for cait, she is so happy about the receipt, holding it tightly in her hands. Yet after the walk, The receipt is nowhere to be seen, and everyone seems to forget all about it. Shouldn't it be the first thing cait check after the walk?

5) Not sure if intended, but when Irinel uses rae's favorite word "dear", I feel a bit off.

6) after cait's revealing magic, maybe she should be more cautious and hesitating about studying magic with rae? After all she is nervous about everything and she knows rae is extremely naughty.

7) I know MC is not meant to be a scientists or something, but more talking about technology against magic should be fun. For example, seeing the magic lifting the book, he might want to ask if one could design a perpetual machine with it?
And explaining phones to rae, its hopeless to start with waves etc. Maybe: we have a device that emits a sequence of small lightings upon hearing some sound, for example, lighting blank lighting lighting for sound "a", lighting blank blank lighting for sound "b". Then another device could see this lighting far away, and emit sounds accordingly. Of course we don't actually use lighting, we use something similar, but could transmit through walls, and these devices might not actually see each other directly but through some relay, etc.

8) CAIT, at the age of 18, without any proper training in physics, could read M theory. That is truly...... I mean most wouldn't even know quantum mechanics at that age. Even if it is something magical, MC should be shocked.

9) A pity that rae could only paint the MC. Cait in her new dress would be great, lyriel might not like to idea but the result would be even better. Yono would oblige, but I am not sure how good the painting will be. I also wonder what else did rae learn, maybe music and dancing?

10) rae explains to lyriel that everything they take would either disappear or return to the house when the walk ends. Yet they buy with money and rae even pawn her armlet?

Last edited:
Reactions: ZanithOne and 01234

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I think I found possible bugs:

1) it is possible to delay the first talk about tv with rae to much later when it does not make sense at all.
Just don't check rae on the sofa. On second in game day, check rae on the fridge, check the shower, check mc's own closet, be honest in all these, then the night rae would ask if mc is a magi. Everything then progress as normal, only that when you check rae watching TV, she still behaves like she never knows about tv, and mc could still ask for service, even after rae sees tv talks about demons being evil, even after movie nights.

2) on the evening of the day after the 3rd dream about caitlin, rae would tell mc she finds new magazines from the library then showing off new clothes. Library should appear on that day indeed, but caitlin should have locked the door on that day, and rae would not enter it (without finding out about caitlin and informing others). Shouldn't these activity be delayed one day, until naomi finds out the library?

Reactions: Cartageno

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
anyone know the code for the box in the medbay? (full of stars (or something like that) dream)

alright found it

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes