-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
While I agree that it would be fun to see them together, I don't really remember them getting on each other's nerves that much. Except at the start, when Lyriel was getting on everyone's nerves. When I think of Naomi having problems with another girl, it's always Rae. Now those two don't seem to get along very well a lot of the time.
As much as I love her, I think Rae is at times just a bit too mischievous (although I would expect nothing less from a succubus). Rae gets on Naomi's nerves. Rae gets on Lyriel's nerves. She doesn't get on Cait's nerves, but she does sometimes make her flustered (whereas Cait seems much less so when alone with the MC). I don't think anybody gets on Yona's nerves; outside of the trouble from back home, she seems a pretty laid-back person (or just resigned to what she feels is her fate). I don't think I've seen enough long-term stuff to judge how Rae ultimately gets along with Blair; if anything, I would expect Blair to be the one to instigate more often, but IDK for sure.

But what little pattern there is seems mostly to be Rae's doing. Ofc, it doesn't help things that Naomi is hard-headed and Lyriel's high-maintenance. But obviously Rae really doesn't mean any harm. She actually cares for everyone, even if she teases them to death.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
FYI, ZanithOne, upstairs in the bathroom when Lyriel is cleaning, if I have the MC propose going to her room and then pick the option So you don't?, the game immediately jumps to her room, sitting down beside her on the bed. I've done this sequence with previous versions, so I believe a bug was introduced in this latest release that causes some dialogue and renders to get skipped.

Reactions: ZanithOne

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
As much as I love her, I think Rae is at times just a bit too mischievous (although I would expect nothing less from a succubus). Rae gets on Naomi's nerves. Rae gets on Lyriel's nerves. She doesn't get on Cait's nerves, but she does sometimes make her flustered (whereas Cait seems much less so when alone with the MC). I don't think anybody gets on Yona's nerves; outside of the trouble from back home, she seems a pretty laid-back person (or just resigned to what she feels is her fate). I don't think I've seen enough long-term stuff to judge how Rae ultimately gets along with Blair; if anything, I would expect Blair to be the one to instigate more often, but IDK for sure.
I'd argue that its less Rae being mischievous and more that she's not that socially adept. Rae was trained to move and speak in higher circles than her own, talk to royalty and nobility and to live among them. There's a certainly level of doublespeak involved with nobility, its always a game of wordplay, verbal sparring and parrying. Keep in mind, Rae says that she has served as an ambassador for much of her life, spending years in these environments, where the wrong word at the wrong time might offend a Duke or a Baroness and there's a world of trouble.

But look at the situation she's in now. She's trapped in a house with a group of people from wildly different worlds, each with wildly different mindsets, traditions and customs that she has had no time to prepare for. Everyone in the house is on the backfoot because they have to deal with wildly different concepts that are blowing their minds (e.g. Blair and magic). You have a pirate captain who is a straight talker, an arrogant elven equivalent of a teenager who doesn't listen until its too late, an actual teenager who, though intelligent, is highly lacking in wisdom. That's not forgetting the Orc who believes she's dead and the Dwarf who probably is some sort of spy. Oh and the guy from the world with no magic, but technology that seems like magic and he's the reason they're all stuck there. She's among equals for the first time in her life and she can't talk to as such because she's stuck in that mindset - everyone is either above her or below her in the pecking order. And that doesn't work in the house.

All of that is a recipe for short fuses and frayed nerves. Its actually a miracle that no one has attacked anyone yet.

But with Rae, we're seeing that her training might be great for people with titles and power, but for a blunt person like Naomi, the delicate touch might sound like an insult. Same with the youthful arrogance of Lyriel, if she doesn't get it straight away then they must be mocking her lack of intelligence. The list goes on. Basically, everyone in that house is out of their depth, Rae especially, even if she doesn't seem like it, she's probably just better at hiding it.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Rae's plenty smart enough to know exactly what she's saying & it generally provokes precisely the response it seems, to me, that she wanted.
She says explicit things to Lyriel & uses double entendre to get under her skin, then proclaim her own innocence when Lyriel gets all flustered.
She does the same to Cait.
She's constantly playing on double meanings, then claiming innocence when someone reacts.
I think she's constantly taking the Mickey & it's pretty blatant.
I like her for it. She's just cheeky & likes taking people out of their comfort zones with humour.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'd argue that its less Rae being mischievous and more that she's not that socially adept. Rae was trained to move and speak in higher circles than her own, talk to royalty and nobility and to live among them. There's a certainly level of doublespeak involved with nobility, its always a game of wordplay, verbal sparring and parrying. Keep in mind, Rae says that she has served as an ambassador for much of her life, spending years in these environments, where the wrong word at the wrong time might offend a Duke or a Baroness and there's a world of trouble.

But look at the situation she's in now. She's trapped in a house with a group of people from wildly different worlds, each with wildly different mindsets, traditions and customs that she has had no time to prepare for. Everyone in the house is on the backfoot because they have to deal with wildly different concepts that are blowing their minds (e.g. Blair and magic). You have a pirate captain who is a straight talker, an arrogant elven equivalent of a teenager who doesn't listen until its too late, an actual teenager who, though intelligent, is highly lacking in wisdom. That's not forgetting the Orc who believes she's dead and the Dwarf who probably is some sort of spy. Oh and the guy from the world with no magic, but technology that seems like magic and he's the reason they're all stuck there. She's among equals for the first time in her life and she can't talk to as such because she's stuck in that mindset - everyone is either above her or below her in the pecking order. And that doesn't work in the house.

All of that is a recipe for short fuses and frayed nerves. Its actually a miracle that no one has attacked anyone yet.

But with Rae, we're seeing that her training might be great for people with titles and power, but for a blunt person like Naomi, the delicate touch might sound like an insult. Same with the youthful arrogance of Lyriel, if she doesn't get it straight away then they must be mocking her lack of intelligence. The list goes on. Basically, everyone in that house is out of their depth, Rae especially, even if she doesn't seem like it, she's probably just better at hiding it.
Rae's plenty smart enough to know exactly what she's saying & it generally provokes precisely the response it seems, to me, that she wanted.
She says explicit things to Lyriel & uses double entendre to get under her skin, then proclaim her own innocence when Lyriel gets all flustered.
She does the same to Cait.
She's constantly playing on double meanings, then claiming innocence when someone reacts.
I think it's pretty blatant. She may as well wink, whilst she's doing it.
I'd agree there's a degree of social mistakes, but as was said, she's been an ambassador, an occupation that by its very nature requires quick adjustment to different customs and points of view. Being stuck in a particular mindset may be part of the problem, but that limitation is not at all in line with being an ambassador. If she can't learn over the course of many months how better to get along with others, I can't see how she ever would have qualified for a position of persuasion and compromise.

Additionally, while he's obviously had his own struggles with each new occupant of the house, the MC has seemed to have had far better of a time getting along with everyone over what Rae has. The strength of personalities obviously contributes tremendously to friction in the house, but I think it's oversimplifying things to say it's mostly because of a failure at diplomatic interaction.

I don't think it's mostly a mischievous nature, but I also don't think it's mostly any one thing. It's a combination of a lot of things, which is why I had said "at times" and not "almost always" or such. There is clearly some misunderstanding here and there, and there is clearly some teasing at times. It's not nearly as simple as any single factor.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think that's because most of them have accepted that, because he's the powerful mage who's made this happen, they look to him as leader.
It's also his house.
They all look to Rae for knowledge on magic, etc. even Cait.
I think that's true partially, but I still think it's a multifaceted thing like so much of real life is. Yes, he's a leader to many/most of them. But there are plenty of leaders who drive their followers to rage or anger against them. Would their attitudes be different toward him if he weren't the apparent reason they were there and if it weren't his house? Sure, almost certainly. Would they be hugely different? I don't feel like they would. Ofc, a lot of this also would depend on how the MC treated them. If he were an asshole the whole time, I obviously don't think they would get along with him at all.

• Thinking Face

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I'd agree there's a degree of social mistakes, but as was said, she's been an ambassador, an occupation that by its very nature requires quick adjustment to different customs and points of view. Being stuck in a particular mindset may be part of the problem, but that limitation is not at all in line with being an ambassador. If she can't learn over the course of many months how better to get along with others, I can't see how she ever would have qualified for a position of persuasion and compromise.

Additionally, while he's obviously had his own struggles with each new occupant of the house, the MC has seemed to have had far better of a time getting along with everyone over what Rae has. The strength of personalities obviously contributes tremendously to friction in the house, but I think it's oversimplifying things to say it's mostly because of a failure at diplomatic interaction.

I don't think it's mostly a mischievous nature, but I also don't think it's mostly any one thing. It's a combination of a lot of things, which is why I had said "at times" and not "almost always" or such. There is clearly some misunderstanding here and there, and there is clearly some teasing at times. It's not nearly as simple as any single factor.
MC getting along better because player choose to be. You may try a playthough with MC being mean to others. At least you can be mean to rae and naomi at the beginning, but then the story cannot progress far this way.

Rae almost never misunderstands anyone, except the time when lyriel tried to clean the attic. She is mischievous, she makes fun of others, she also wishes to help others with their inner desire, yet she is also extremely cautious not to provoke others too far. You may try to have sex with her in the kitchen while lyriel is watching TV and see how rae reacts.

• Thinking Face

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think their attitude towards him would be different.
He would not appear to have anywhere near as much power, so I fully expect that they'd treat him differently. I definitely think it's subtle things, though. Perhaps just less subserviently.
But, that's the thing. He's never treated them as lesser beings, because he's all powerful (despite being a novice).
He knows he's full of power that made him responsible, but also recognises that he knows next to nothing. He presumably doesn't seem himself the same way they see him.
They recognise his lack of knowledge, but still acknowledge his raw power & that will affect them in ways they may not even recognise, themselves.
Yes, for sure.
MC getting along better because player choose to be. You may try a playthough with MC being mean to others. At least you can be mean to rae and naomi at the beginning, but then the story cannot progress far this way.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If he did not have that power, I presume that they'd still get along with him as they do, due to his interactions & personality, but there would be less immediate awe & respect, if he was just another victim.
Rae almost never misunderstands anyone, except the time when lyriel tried to clean the attic. She is mischievous, she makes fun of others, she also wishes to help others with their inner desire, yet she is also extremely cautious not to provoke others too far. You may try to have sex with her in the kitchen while lyriel is watching TV and see how rae reacts.

Last edited:

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
. . . which is basically what I said. Bad guy = the story doesn't really go where it seems it's supposed to. Since the story is hampered if you're a bad guy and there really isn't much content provided specifically to flesh out the "bad guy path", it's clear he's supposed to be a good guy.
I never said she lacks the ability to exercise self-restraint. I said she lacks the self-restraint itself. Being "free to be herself, to make fun of others" is letting yourself go, which is by definition a lack of self-restraint. Worded differently, lacking self-restraint is failing to restrain yourself when you ought to. There are times when she doesn't need to restrain herself at all, but when she keeps prodding even when seeing others getting upset, she's not restraining herself. She doesn't let it go too far, but there is no restraint for the time she keeps teasing.

As far as the spying goes, my main point was that she wasn't acting diplomatically, a major part of being an ambassador. Being trained and used as a spy as well is neither here nor there. An ambassador is many things; if you cannot fulfill all the major roles successfully, you would be terrible at the job. If she's great at spying but ineffective at diplomacy, she should be a spy only and not an ambassador. My thinking she wasn't diplomatic was based on her behavior, failing to restrain herself when she otherwise could. You can blame others for clashes (small or large), but when the same person tends to be involved over and over it stops being anecdotal and more a pattern of behavior.

And as I've already said, I love Rae. I really love her character and the interactions with her. She can restrain herself when she chooses to (she has the ability for self-restraint), but at times she doesn't (she lacks the actual self-restraint itself). That makes her a great character and loads of fun to interact with in the game. It also makes her a terrible ambassador.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
With the fascination with people and technologies, I wonder how Rae would react to a trip to the tokyo Metro, or one of those towers where you go up hundreds of meters yet can see only city until the horizon.
Also, I do ponder: :unsure:

• Thinking Face

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I never said she lacks the ability to exercise self-restraint. I said she lacks the self-restraint itself. Being "free to be herself, to make fun of others" is letting yourself go, which is by definition a lack self-restraint. Worded differently, lacking self-restraint is failing to restrain yourself with you ought to. There are times when she doesn't need to restrain herself at all, but when she keeps prodding even when seeing others getting upset, she's not restraining herself. She doesn't let it go too far, but there is no restraint for the time she keeps teasing.

As far as the spying goes, my main point was that she wasn't acting diplomatically, a major part of being an ambassador. Being trained and used as a spy as well is neither here nor there. An ambassador is many things; if you cannot fulfill all the major roles successfully, you would be terrible at the job. If she's great at spying but ineffective at diplomacy, she should be a spy only and not an ambassador. My thinking she wasn't diplomatic was based on her behavior, failing to restrain herself when she otherwise could. You can blame others for clashes (small or large), but when the same person tends to be involved over and over it stops being anecdotal and more a pattern of behavior.

And as I've already said, I love Rae. I really love her character and the interactions with her. She can restrain herself when she chooses to (she has the ability for self-restraint), but at times she doesn't (she lacks the actual self-restraint itself). That makes her a great character and loads of fun to interact with in the game. It also makes her a terrible ambassador.
My point is, just because she is casual while off duty doesn't make her a bad ambassador.

Reactions: Lustfallen

DenXXX

Aug 2, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 383, in __call__
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "_layout/screen_load_save.rpymc", line 35, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1063, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3423, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 4304, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display\layout.py", line 1175, in event
  File "renpy/display\transition.py", line 53, in event
  File "renpy/display\screen.py", line 743, in event
  File "renpy/display\layout.py", line 1399, in event
  File "renpy/display\layout.py", line 279, in event
  File "renpy/display\layout.py", line 1399, in event
  File "renpy/display\behavior.py", line 1073, in event
  File "renpy/display\behavior.py", line 1008, in handle_click
  File "renpy/display\behavior.py", line 329, in run
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 383, in __call__
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 404, in save
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 390, in save
  File "renpy/compat\pickle.py", line 51, in dump
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed
I'm using joiplay

Skorm007

Nov 27, 2017
The scrubbing Rae video keeps getting stuck for me and not restarting, this happen to anyone else?
Also one of her pigtails is jerking around wildly

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes