Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
ZanithOne, also I don't know if your aware but it seem renpy has been updated so that may be something that interests you. For whatever reason I didn't have that looping issue the whole playthrough of 6.12 so I don't know what's going on with that.

Feb 21, 2023
They are all broken. Could you please share the saves without archives?
They are actually working. However, they were packed with a compression method that is, afaik, not included/supported in base 7z installations. You might be looking at plugins like Modern7z or ZSTD or something like that. I was able to extract the archives just fine. I checked and I am using Modern7z. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Rintal

Triedanted

Apr 4, 2021
Updated already??? Great!
Now before anyone ask, save before the update:

Edit: it just occurs to me that it might be more convenient if I upload all the saves in one post and update.
To avoid the confusion about which save is for which version, I would zip them and rename the zipped achieve with the version number.

How to use: unzip to \GAMEPATH\game\saves and\or C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\AHouseintheRift-1545999373
If you have trouble unzipping the file, this is for you:

I will hopefully update this post regularly in the foreseeable future.
why not zip them with the standard .zip or .7z?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
They are actually working. However, they were packed with a compression method that is, afaik, not included/supported in base 7z installations. You might be looking at plugins like Modern7z or ZSTD or something like that. I was able to extract the archives just fine. I checked and I am using Modern7z. Hope that helps.
Using 7zip is fine and all but I'm curious why they didn't just "send to" compressed zip. It would be universally extractable that way.

Feb 21, 2023
why not zip them with the standard .zip or .7z?
Using 7zip is fine and all but I'm curious why they didn't just "send to" compressed zip. It would be universally extractable that way.
Good questions, but if the comment on them being "corrupted" was not there, I would not have even noticed myself it was compressed with a different method. Sometimes you just forget the little things you have are not ubiquitous. But yes, this was probably more inconvenient than worth it for a bunch of people.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
I checked and I am using Modern7z. Hope that helps.
Very informative. Thank you. But could you just upload the unzipped save? I would not be the only one who would be grateful to you. Just need a save before the last update. I don't want to install a new program for one file.

lilsaz

Jul 5, 2021
Can't get gallery unlocker or any saves to work?

edit:Should say I love the game just trying to revisit and really not in the mood to grind or pay back in at the moment, although I highly reccomend those who have not to do so. Great game.

okay I see the 7zip issue with the save files same as the dude a few above me cba to download another program for one save file, if someone wants to be rad and throw one out that isnt so aids...!

Still having issue with the gallery unlocker, tried it in the base folder and then tried it in the game folder

Reactions: dantarium

Painfoler

Nov 24, 2022
Absolutely one love :) Nice update but What the Future Holds ? Can't stop thinking abaut it :D I know they need time but how to stop play each udate? Maybe somethink wrong with me? Or you guys and girls think same...?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't need to know if she has seduced a hundred of powerful men and women to get information for her organization. It's not something to bloat about, as she seems to do in the previous update when they travel to different worlds and she talks about the empress and other things she has done, even if she doesn't tell explicitly. It only works if the character is just an excuse to show sexual scenes, not if the dev pretends that people get fond of the character. Who wants a prostitute? For money or for information, blackmailing or influence, it doesn't matter. And also, I don't need to know the exes of the Lis in this kind of games and know that they still care about them. The dev is toying with the idea of NTR lately, it seems. If it's lesbian NTR doesn't matter. I hope at the end it won't be like that, because a lot of characters and entire games have been ruined by that. I'm not the only one that doesn't like that kind of things. Most people doesn't. Maybe I'm being too cautious but I have cero tolerance for any form of NTR, even just suggested, and since Rae is actually the only character I really like... it would ruin this game for me.
(a) While I may even share some of your preferences - they're just personal preferences. The straight up statements "this is never a good idea" and similar just don't work for everybody. Quite a few players prefer sluts. Admittedly, by now they are probably not following this thread anymore, but there are no absolutes.

(b) While I certainly also do not like NTR, we seem to heavily disagree what constitutes it. A succubus having been around for a long time will have had her fair share of experience before the met MC. That is not NTR. And a succubus with no experience is like a sparkling vampire (or was the sparkle the werewolf thing?). For a "traditional succubus" sex is not a "stay chaste until the right one comes along" activity, and it should be normal enough to talk about it just like we would talk about other activities that are not couple exclusive.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
(a) While I may even share some of your preferences - they're just personal preferences. The straight up statements "this is never a good idea" and similar just don't work for everybody. Quite a few players prefer sluts. Admittedly, by now they are probably not following this thread anymore, but there are no absolutes.

(b) While I certainly also do not like NTR, we seem to heavily disagree what constitutes it. A succubus having been around for a long time will have had her fair share of experience before the met MC. That is not NTR. And a succubus with no experience is like a sparkling vampire (or was the sparkle the werewolf thing?). For a "traditional succubus" sex is not a "stay chaste until the right one comes along" activity, and it should be normal enough to talk about it just like we would talk about other activities that are not couple exclusive.
(a) It's true. There are going to be as many preferences as there are players. What one person calls a slut another will call free spirited. I do wish there were a few more chances for the player to take a more assertive roll. It seems very one sided in my opinion. It's okay for Naomi to womanhandle the MC but he cant ever take a more direct roll outside a dream where it doesn't matter. Like having to ask El for a deepthroat before you can "make her". That changes a little with the last update but it's still not up to the player, it is already decided. Sorry for the tangent, it just bugs me personally.

(b) I completely agree. Anyone who even knows what a succubus is knows that a huge part of their entire being is sex. To think that she is somehow the MC's first after being alive for a minimum of four decades, likely much longer, is just foolish. As for her having a past it's like some people think that if it happens in a game of all things they are either whores or somehow cheating on the MC. I can't imagine what they must feel like meeting a woman in real life that's not a virgin. I for one am all for the ladies having fun together and even joining in but I can already see all of the NTR posts even though it's not.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I can't imagine what they must feel like meeting a woman in real life that's not a virgin.
For what it's worth there have been posts on this site claiming that any woman having had a life (including sex) before meeting the MC is not worth pursuing because they are sluts or similar. Especially funny in "MC gets 'em all" games.

I mean I am just about as anti NTR as they come but there is a limit to my madness ...

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I gotta say, the plot device of a magical make-up kit that changes the personalities of the characters is a good way to keep it fresh.
True, but I was really really hoping for some goth elf action. Instead we get a reskin of her first time just with a change of dialogue and a new outfit. It was very disheartening that nothing came from it. The same could be said for all of the lost and found events though. I like that it changes some thing up but on the other hand I'm not entirely sure what the point of it was. They also seem to be overly ecchi for some reason, felt kind of out of place to me.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes