-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I like to call this "kinetic sandbox": while you grind a bit (very little in this game) and can choose the order in which to approach the different storylines, they are linear themselves. Maybe like reading different books at the same time: now a chapter of Rae, then a chapter of Yona, oh, make that two, and so forth.
You're very possibly right, although sometimes one response of a set will give you affection or lewdness with a girl while the others do not. I wonder if you were to gain practically neither of each if the event chains would be different. I suspect not, but if that's true it begs the question, why even have menus in the first place? As a sandbox, you can literally just completely avoid a girl (except for group events or maybe very specific other occasions), so the menus wouldn't funnel you to anywhere in particular. I don't think I actually even know what the points on girls do in this game.

There probably are some conditionals for slight variations in scenes, but it feels like the same things will happen mostly, regardless of what you pick. It's a little curious, if I'm honest. So, like you say, it's extremely kinetic in nature.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You're very possibly right, although sometimes one response of a set will give you affection or lewdness with a girl while the others do not. I wonder if you were to gain practically neither of each if the event chains would be different. I suspect not, but if that's true it begs the question, why even have menus in the first place? As a sandbox, you can literally just completely avoid a girl (except for group events or maybe very specific other occasions), so the menus wouldn't funnel you to anywhere in particular. I don't think I actually even know what the points on girls do in this game.

There probably are some conditionals for slight variations in scenes, but it feels like the same things will happen mostly, regardless of what you pick. It's a little curious, if I'm honest. So, like you say, it's extremely kinetic in nature.
You are correct, this is not a perfect example of the concept (Solvalley School is one game which seemed to be one as far as I played it) though AFAICS there are no fail conditions in this game whatsoever - worst case scenario is grinding out another lewdness point or similar because you chose the wrong option. And no real change in what happens in the storylines. I think the only exception is the infamous first meeting with Rae, where you can actually mess up and miss a scene (though it doesn't affect the continuation of the story, just the look of the gallery).

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Yeah it's a real good game all around is one of the ones I like the most Just wish it had pregnancy tag so I could knock up Lyriel and have some little rift elf's
Are humans and elves inter-fertile? There might be more hope for pregnancy with Cait or Naomi, but I imagine the deterrent for the devs would be the large amount of additional art that having pregnant characters would involve.

Tempone70

Oct 3, 2022
Hi, I am trying to work out how to get Rae to go for the cup of tea, i think I have the money but not sure where or how to trigger the event. Any suggestions?

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
How is the sex animations so good? Isn't this honey select , and if it is what mod adds vaginal and anal gaps and dick's skin animation ?
technically it's studio neo which comes with Honey Select. That's the software that lets you use HS assets to make renders and scenes.
Most devs use the stock animations that come bundled with the game and then will adjust the camera angles and such to make them look a bit unique
Zanith, however, is one of the devs that makes custom animations and he is very good at it.
As far as the textures and stuff there is a very large and robust modding community that develops all kind of add-ons for HS including skin and genital textures.
I have no idea what specific mods he uses, but that's a question someone may be able to answer in the game's discord.

DarkGC

Jan 16, 2021
Are humans and elves inter-fertile? There might be more hope for pregnancy with Cait or Naomi, but I imagine the deterrent for the devs would be the large amount of additional art that having pregnant characters would involve.
I'm pretty sure that there's a conversation you can have with Lyriel where you joke about having babies with her, and she freaks out (in typical Lyrael fashion, lol). So I think it IS possible, or neither of them have any clue.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
I'm pretty sure that there's a conversation you can have with Lyriel where you joke about having babies with her, and she freaks out (in typical Lyrael fashion, lol). So I think it IS possible, or neither of them have any clue.
Yeah she freaks out lol said something like (YOUR NOT BREEDING ME) it should possible but no pregnancy tag and don't think it's planned unless it's going to be a surprise in which case it would be very welcome n cool

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah she freaks out lol said something like (YOUR NOT BREEDING ME) it should possible but no pregnancy tag and don't think it's planned unless it's going to be a surprise in which case it would be very welcome n cool
Well, the tag doesn't tell you anything. A game's not supposed to have a tag (with rare exceptions, like multiple endings) unless the content is actually in the game currently. Since nobody's currently pregnant, no tag.

Reactions: Cartageno

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
dunno why specifically I hadn't discovered this game yet, but over the last few days played through the content (as far as I found) and had some decent fun with it. There's quite a bunch of scenes.

Not much of a plot which can at times get a bit boring. HoneySelect visuals which you either like or don't or I guess are sorta neutral about; they are okay with me. Writing is okay too, nothing too egregious.

Characters, uhh, since there's not too much else going on ... they are very "anime girls" (not just visuals). Sometimes it was a bit too much and I'd have preferred to feel more like I was hanging out with vaguely plausible people in the middle of nowhere. But of course at times it can also be fun, and more realistic characters might have been even more boring, so, eh.

Gameplay, yeah, simple stat system that basically immediately gets forgotten and then you more or less walk around triggering scenes. It's fine, perfectly acceptable.

Overall leaves me with a sorta ... if you made a "good average game" out of all the F95 games this kinda feels like it ^^;

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes