NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Anybody know the number code in the medbay in the space dream scene?
Go to the living quarters, the code is randomized for each machine you run the game on so you need to find yours and then reload or do the dream again (it is intended to be done multiple times).

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Looks like the dev maybe has a mish-mashed version of Ren'Py going there? I dunno.
Dev has some custom modifications against the Ren'Py runtime. Only one I remember was syntactic sugar for the "dynamic" function
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: bas

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Got another pile of bugs and typos:
Also, I've been thinking about the mechanic of the fridge and mealtimes; I wonder if it might work better if rather than taking things from the fridge and keeping them, there was a stat associated with the fridge like the knowledge or focus stats, and having that high enough would unlock the meal events instead. It would make more sense than making a chocolate cake out of the smoked salmon and cheese that he keeps in his pockets...

Sayujiro

Aug 25, 2018
Hi there.

liked the game so far. not quite done though. i'm about to have my first 'dream about...' with the elven girl <3

this goes straight out to the dev of this nice game:
is there any chance you would give me the HS character cards for the beauties? at least for azraesha and the elven girl (didn't meet her yet so i don't know her name)? that would be very awesome.
this would be just for use in my HS itself. i fully understand if you can't/won't do that, but it never hurts to ask^^

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
What you're talking about is mostly known (at least for myself and the circles I run in) is co-topping. It doesn't have to be MFF or MMF, just so long as two or more participants are taking dominant roles.
thx, will send a pm so i will not continue in this thread

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey! Sorry for not replying for a couple of days.

I won't comment on some of the story details, sorry. Some of the things will be revealed later, some I prefer to keep to myself and let you interpret it however you like.

And I've skipped some posts commenting on content preferences. I'm not a professional writer, so my process is a bit hectic. Sometimes I plan for one direction of the story, but then it turns out that something else works better, so I just go with it. Needless to say, all the girls will get more content in the future updates, but I can't say when, and I can't say what exactly will be there.

But I do read all your posts, good folks, and am grateful that you care about the game enough to comment! Thank you!

Personally I would keep repeatable sex scene images in their own place regardless of if they're used in a story event or not, that would allow variable substitution and Renpy's image tags to handle any variations. They have a whole system for handling image variations, seems a shame not to use it.
You're right, I didn't have a solid plan for content separation when I was making the first version of the scene, so it is how it is. I want to refactor some bits of the project, but know better than to just go for it while I have content to make. So for now it's just another task in the backlog.

Played through from the beginning and gathered a bunch of bugs and typos:
Thanks, filed those.

Gotta say, the elf girl is doing a scarily good job of making me hate her guts. If she orders my girl Cait around one more time I swear to god I'm tossing her into the ether.
She's... Not gonna spoil it. But you'll see.

Just found this game, how much corruption is there and what kind of corruption? Thanks in advance.
Not much, to be honest. I had some ideas (and still have them) for girls' side routes, but they took a back seat for now.

So the more i place this game the more disappointed it makes me that the mc wasn't a scientist or science major.

Storywise alone it would've made a extremely more compelling narrative watching as he learned magic and started to draw parallels between it and the different hard sciences. As well as actually watching him explain tech and the break down of how it worked to the little magician girl or even Azr.
More discussions about the laws of ether and all that stuff are coming once I get my hands on an additional writer. Right now I struggle with the main content writing too much to add flavor talks. And about the MC being a science major, I prefer the "write what you know" approach. And although I'm a tech major myself, I was a pretty shitty student, so...

The game starts with our hero at a DOE facility doing some kind of dimensional experiment. Reminds me of the opening of HalfLife actually, although being off-shift when the experiment is performed means he clearly isn't one of the top minds behind it.
I don't think I've implied that he worked for DOE? The intro is going to change somewhat, but the "canon" version is that our MC is just a guy who lives in the town.

Dunno, always felt to me like he was just passing through that park but I'm not gonna argue, would be cool if he does work there.
Yup, that was the idea, just a random guy. Actually, there is a bit in the game where you can decide what's the MC's occupation.

Deleted my previous unnecessary reply...
Not sure what exactly causes it, it seems to have something to do with the free roam and loading saves from such points.
Like, it loops just fine when loading a save near the end of the new character introduction, but doesn't once I load it from like upper floor looking towards staircase.

Edit: Now that I think about it it makes much more sense now. I usually tend to save quite frequently, mostly at choices of course or while in a scene or animation, but often my last save for a version in this game is either a choice from a repeatable scene or free roam, like right after something happened. Thus since I am loading mostly the last save to play repeatable scenes I got aware of the problem since it would occur mostly at that point
That sounds reasonable. I have some suspicions on what might be causing the bug, but I've tried testing some plausible scenarios and couldn't replicate it. I will have another go at it some day.

>Waifu game where you can't kiss your waifus
Honestly my only "big issue" with the game, it sounds nitpicky but maybe you should've thought of that before you made them so likeable.
I know, I know, will add more kissing and cuddling. But later :censored:

So the game starts and runs just fine. Looking at the "credits" page it says it's using 7.3.5.something but there are several files in the renpy folder that aren't from that version, and the EXE is from 2015. Looks like the dev maybe has a mish-mashed version of Ren'Py going there? I dunno.

Sorry, but since it works to play, I'm not going to mess with anymore. :)
I am using a slightly modified RenPy SDK. I don't know how your repacking process works, but that might be what's causing trouble.

Dev has some custom modifications against the Ren'Py runtime. Only one I remember was syntactic sugar for the "dynamic" function
That's one of the edits, yes. Although I must note that it's not my edit. It's Tom's, I just cherrypicked this feature commit from the RenPy github.

Got another pile of bugs and typos:
Also, I've been thinking about the mechanic of the fridge and mealtimes; I wonder if it might work better if rather than taking things from the fridge and keeping them, there was a stat associated with the fridge like the knowledge or focus stats, and having that high enough would unlock the meal events instead. It would make more sense than making a chocolate cake out of the smoked salmon and cheese that he keeps in his pockets...
Filed those too, thanks. I'll have a think about the fridge

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Yup, that was the idea, just a random guy. Actually, there is a bit in the game where you can decide what's the MC's occupation.
Oh, I didn't even realize that choice was meant to be "serious" :giggle:

Unrelated, but is Rae's generic morning interaction already on the "eventual refactor" pile? It's a bit odd how <Talk> and <Join> are basically the same scene, except <Talk> has first Rae invite the MC to breakfast and then the MC invite Rae to breakfast while <Join> leads to the lewd option. Also, both of them have Rae change out of her apron to exchange two sentences with the MC. I'm totally fine with her getting dressed for breakfast, but it seems weird that she'd bother before the fade when it's not even clear if you stay.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Oh, I didn't even realize that choice was meant to be "serious" :giggle:
Not super serious, but I still have a tiny little feature tied to that choice planned.

Unrelated, but is Rae's generic morning interaction already on the "eventual refactor" pile? It's a bit odd how <Talk> and <Join> are basically the same scene, except <Talk> has first Rae invite the MC to breakfast and then the MC invite Rae to breakfast while <Join> leads to the lewd option. Also, both of them have Rae change out of her apron to exchange two sentences with the MC. I'm totally fine with her getting dressed for breakfast, but it seems weird that she'd bother before the fade when it's not even clear if you stay.
Yup, those interactions will be updated. As well as the butt slap.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I was thinking about the scene with Rae in the kitchen when Lyriel is watching TV. It might have been nice to see dome reaction shots of Lyriel while it's going on.

4.70 star(s) 319 Votes