Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
My biggest "problem" with Yona is that she is far too passive in the bedroom. I keep waiting to have an opportunity to show her that her own pleasures and desires matter too
My feeling is that its a cultural thing for Yona. Maybe not quite life-blood-bond, but I imagine that because she duelled the tribesman she held responsible for her father's death, it was to the death. She gets tossed over the side of a cliff, she thinks she's about to die and instead finds herself in the home and harem of a (from her perspective) powerful shaman. It actually comes up early on, she thinks she's dead and that the MC has claimed her. I would guess that in her mind, she's now property and expects to be treated as such (traces of this can be seen when you have sex in the shower and she seems surprised when you ask her how she found it).

I strongly suspect that Yona's character arc is getting her out of that mindset and become more proactive. That said, I certainly wouldn't complain if we ended up with a submissive amazonian muscle girl.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
My feeling is that its a cultural thing for Yona. Maybe not quite life-blood-bond, but I imagine that because she duelled the tribesman she held responsible for her father's death, it was to the death. She gets tossed over the side of a cliff, she thinks she's about to die and instead finds herself in the home and harem of a (from her perspective) powerful shaman. It actually comes up early on, she thinks she's dead and that the MC has claimed her. I would guess that in her mind, she's now property and expects to be treated as such (traces of this can be seen when you have sex in the shower and she seems surprised when you ask her how she found it).

I strongly suspect that Yona's character arc is getting her out of that mindset and become more proactive. That said, I certainly wouldn't complain if we ended up with a submissive amazonian muscle girl.
IIRC she thinks she's in the afterlife right up to her last event, which is why she's so quiet. Learning that she isn't in fact dead really lit a fire under her, though since that was her last event we haven't really seen the change in her yet.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I used to disagree with people complaining to Dev stating that he's milking because he never gives enough content updates for Caitlin or Lyriel then finally he decided to give Lyriel some great updates now with the past few updates it would seem we're moving backwards not forward no content for Caitlin how much longer can this be dragged out and I'm definitely missing Naomi like she does not even exist anymore with here sexy ass.:p
Cait's new story arc just finished in 0.5.9. There will be another event or two for her in the coming updates, and then another story push with series of events when it's time.

So turns out to trigger event with Lyriel in library you have to wait outside until she is in and only then enter. o_O

Overall it feels like theres a little less content in this update than we are used to but oh well, it happens.

Shame that mc didnt tease Lyriel some more about her coming in his room to get shagged. Some dirty talk about her begging for it by coming here and bending over like that would be cool.

I hope shower event with her will have a continuation. Lightning in that scene made her look so gorgeous and she looked so sultry. It felt pretty bad to end that event without some sexy times.
Yeah, I think I should rewrite the hint to "walk into the library" or something like that. Sex in the shower is definitely coming.

HI. I have a ? is there going to be a pregnancy ? I love this game and thank you lit us play your game.
Sorry, but no. There might be endings hinting at pregnancy and the like, but it's not going to be implemented in the game proper.

do I have to start over? I can't save and every save gets an error
What's the error?

great i had a error on the patch.
The patches are not 100% stable, unfortunately. And if you modified the game files, the patch will almost certainly fail.

I am kinda confused right now.

AFAIK, this update was the introductory steps to Lyriel's "servant route", so
I want to say two things on this. There are "routes" for all the girls littered in the code.
ZanithOne, is "mistress captain" one of naomi's routes?
I should clarify this a bit. In the very beginning I was planning to do a couple of bonus "routes" for each girl exploring different sides of their characters and their kinks. Those plans did not last long, but the word stuck.

In the current version of the game each girl has one "main" route titled "<Girl>'s Story", and one "alt route" for some kinky fun. The idea is, you can clear the girl's story without interacting with content folks might find objectionable. Femdom for Naomi, maledom for Lyri etc.

There is a chance more routes will be added later, but it's very unlikely.

The upcoming streamlined quest log should make it all less confusing.

How long i have to wait to enjoy new Rae content, i love Rae most but recently she didn't get the attention
Rae's story push is coming this Autumn/Winter.

This is perhaps incredibly stupid.

The main piano theme in the game (labeled bright.mp3) appears to be by Sascha Ende? Idk I really like the song. I was wondering if it was confirmed it was by him?
Yup, most of the music is listed in the credits. Some tracks are from a stock music packs, so I don't have info for those.

Would still like another scene w Lady Sirenia and Azraesha.
There will be more scenes with Rae and Lady Sirenia.

Has dev mentioned anything about addressing the games performance as of late? Has taken a turn for the worse and noticed it starting from the previous update.
So the thing is, I myself experience performance issues from time to time, but then they just go away. I can't find a way to consistently replicate the issues, so I'm not even bothering trying to profile/debug anything. If anyone manages to trigger the freezes on commnd, I'll set aside some time to look into it.

Can you progress on the main story without completing all routes? Like not having sex with Lyriel?
Main story is very limited for now. There will be a way to get an ending without going through girl's personal stories at all. But it won't be a "true ending".

is it normal that the your journal / book icon doesnt receive any new 'mission' update anymore on 0.5.3 version and above?

most of what you have to do is listed on the Love Jinsei / character relationship screen, so all is good anyway

but Im curious as to why the journal doesnt get updated anymore, or its only on my end thats bugged
Journal only lists the main story and group side quests for now. It's getting a rework soon.

I've played and enjoyed games and am not bothered when girls had previous partners. But mentioning their previous experiences whenever chance they get is big a turnoff. Think of BaDIK, City of Broken Dreamers or Acting Lessons, I don't think any girl is a virgin(except for Jill) there and those games still feel good.
I'm not sure how far are you into the game, but of the main cast, only two girls are able to mention previous partners at all, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any scenes where they specifically talk about their previous intimate experiences.

Last edited:

Korr

Jun 28, 2017
I should clarify this a bit. In the very beginning I was planning to do a couple of bonus "routes" for each girl exploring different sides of their characters and their kinks. Those plans did not last long, but the word stuck.

In the current version of the game each girl has one "main" route titled "<Girl>'s Story", and one "alt route" for some kinky fun. The idea is, you can clear the girl's story without interacting with content folks might find objectionable. Femdom for Naomi, maledom for Lyri etc.

Soo, If I understand correctly, the plan is Vanilla AND Fetish, as opposed to Good vs Evil, Love vs Slave, etc etc?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Well, as in Naomi's Captain Misstres route, I was able to avoid all the sex scenes (refuse to do them), is what I did. In hers main story I only did the scenes that didn't have femdom.

I have yet to see what Lyriel's maledom looks like, but possibly also pass the scenes of her route (or even the route entirely if I don't like it too much).

Yona isn't a character that I like too much. I have started her main story, but I don't think I will start her route.

I think I'm just fully (or almost fully) seeing the main stories and routes of Cait and Rae.

There will be more scenes with Rae and Lady Sirenia.
I haven't seen the scene. But, unless the MC participated in it, I'm not interested either (and I'm not going to repeat the game to see it if that's the case)

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I haven't seen the scene. But, unless the MC participated in it, I'm not interested either (and I'm not going to repeat the game to see it if that's the case)
It wasn't a sex scene it was when the MC and Rae visit Rae's mentor Lady Sirenia they talked while the MC was in another room but we had the option to listen to their talk until Lady Sirenia didn't want us to listen anymore. It was part of Rae's story.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It wasn't a sex scene it was when the MC and Rae visit Rae's mentor Lady Sirenia they talked while the MC was in another room but we had the option to listen to their talk until Lady Sirenia didn't want us to listen anymore. It was part of Rae's story.
Ok. In fact, I looked at everything in the room without touching anything and then sat the MC to wait for them to finish speaking. It may sound boring, but it's what seemed right to me.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Ok. In fact, I looked at everything in the room without touching anything and then sat the MC to wait for them to finish speaking. It may sound boring, but it's what seemed right to me.
I think in that scene touching or not isnt changing anything or at least dont cause any immediate consequences. I touched everything and everything caused a small thing, MC had new inner-monologue about object and thas it. :LOL: Yet it is worth to try, I loved MC's monologue's about them.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I think in that scene touching or not isnt changing anything or at least dont cause any immediate consequences. I touched everything and everything caused a small thing, MC had new inner-monologue about object and thas it. :LOL: Yet it is worth to try, I loved MC's monologue's about them.
"Worth to try" is a good description. Whenever I get to a dialogue choice (I know they do not change anything, mostly, at worst a point of lewd or similar, easily correctable) I pick the one I want to be my canon, but then read the other two first before rolling back. There's just so many well written lines and small bits of humor in them.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I wonder if mc is ever gonna temporarily bring a book about some natural science to some other world.
Or eat real bread.
It wasn't a sex scene it was when the MC and Rae visit Rae's mentor Lady Sirenia they talked while the MC was in another room but we had the option to listen to their talk until Lady Sirenia didn't want us to listen anymore
:unsure: Now I wonder if I missed some of that.

Edit: I just looked at that again, and the time caitlin has her talk in the last walk seems a bit short compared to other travels, where it is implied that more happens while you just sit by.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
"Worth to try" is a good description. Whenever I get to a dialogue choice (I know they do not change anything, mostly, at worst a point of lewd or similar, easily correctable) I pick the one I want to be my canon, but then read the other two first before rolling back. There's just so many well written lines and small bits of humor in them.
I am doing same thing too, regardless of game. Seeing how a character react to different dialogue options somehow completes that character for me. So every dialogue worth to try even without any ppoint change or a braching.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I am doing same thing too, regardless of game. Seeing how a character react to different dialogue options somehow completes that character for me. So every dialogue worth to try even without any ppoint change or a braching.
I like that too, but many games have a talk option which will change the whole future storyline or only have an effect one hour later in the game - there it is a bit hard. (This is no complaint about those games at all.)

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I like that too, but many games have a talk option which will change the whole future storyline or only have an effect one hour later in the game - there it is a bit hard. (This is no complaint about those games at all.)
Yeah but game give it away somehow. I really cant remember a game that I suprised about it. Anyway I have a tendency to play games more than one time if I love that game, so it cant bother me.

I can complain a little about it if game takes branching too far it can be a little tiring. :LOL: Jokes aside thats improve replayablity of that game dramatically.

Reactions: whichone

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
I usually go through each option just to see the reactions. Especially if it's an important moment in the story. One that's stuck with me the most is a really recent one from the 0.5.9a which is the reaction Cait gives you when she comes to your room to have sex for the first time and you tell her you're not interested. She looks horrified. I felt so bad that I had trouble reading through the next couple of sentences to see how it ended

Reactions: Forgotted

anhiungoc

Apr 5, 2020
hello guys, can anyone help me, i downloaded some saves in this thread and pasted on folder game/saves but nothing happened, please help me

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
hello guys, can anyone help me, i downloaded some saves in this thread and pasted on folder game/saves but nothing happened, please help me
Have you played the game before and have your own saves? Then it is possible that these saves already existed and will be found in (username)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/AHouseInTheRift-xxxxxxxxxxxx where the x are a ridiculous string of digits. Try placing the downloaded saves there too and see if that helps.

Reactions: DougTheC and Evil13

criestoomuch

Oct 22, 2020
You can't have all this pregnancy talk and not have it pay off. It's fine if you can't or don't want to do a pregnant version of the models. But if we get to or have to pick a girl we should have a kid or two in the epilogue. I mean it would really hurt for the girls that have control over it. If you choose them over the others that is.

• Thinking Face
4.70 star(s) 317 Votes