Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
so i just found lyriel and she's being a bitch, do i have to be good to her? everytime i try to interject between her and lin i just lose intimacy with lin... and what's up with the blue dialogue options? are they important?
Blue dialogue just means it's an action rather than something you say IIRC. And if you're particularly harsh to Lyriel, I'm pretty sure all that will happen is her intimacy will be lower and you'll have more catching up to do once she turns. Personally I was pretty lenient with her except when she was bullying Cait. She can say what she likes about me, and Rae and Naomi can take care of themselves, but she will not treat Cait like that in my house.

NukeWasted

Dec 9, 2018
Not sure if this has been addressed, but for some reason the android version seems to interfere with google play store, causes it to crash multiple times while this game is installed. Once I uninstalled this, the issue stopped. Still love the game, just makes everything else difficult.

gundam1945

May 16, 2017
I really love this game. The interaction with Rae is so funny and the game has clear direction for most actions

In recent releases, I don't know why but everytime I grab the rar from mega. It is a corrupted archive. I am using both Winrar 5.91 and 7-zip with no effort. Anyone has encountered similar problems? Mega's speed is really fast and I kind of like it, except the corrupted archive part.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Yeah, okay, I'm going to need some help. I'm stuck in the intro sequence. When I go through some dialogue, the game then goes backwards then forwards again which I'm assuming it's supposed to do, but I've been literally pressing dialogue options for like five minutes now, and no matter what I do, it will not progress. Is there some magic dialogue sequence I'm supposed to follow?

Any help would be appreciated, this is super frustrating and I honestly want to just delete the game at this point.

Johnathan_D123

Feb 3, 2019
Yeah, okay, I'm going to need some help. I'm stuck in the intro sequence. When I go through some dialogue, the game then goes backwards then forwards again which I'm assuming it's supposed to do, but I've been literally pressing dialogue options for like five minutes now, and no matter what I do, it will not progress. Is there some magic dialogue sequence I'm supposed to follow?

Any help would be appreciated, this is super frustrating and I honestly want to just delete the game at this point.
The intro sequence is pretty straightforward, there shouldn't be bugs like this. If it's not problem for you could you provide some screenshots?

ledha

Jul 12, 2019
Talk to her when she is eating breakfast...and you can find hints to scenes in the mobile app in the game when you don't know what to do(the app with heart as icon)
I did but nothing happened. Guess i only have to talk and not eat a breakfast with her. Thanks

free_hk

May 20, 2020
Find objects around the house at certain times, each one unlocks 2 pictures on your phone. Some of them are shown on the first page of this forum under cellphone tip. Or did you want to know the locations? Jonathan_D123 posted this
For anyone who is still looking for the new secrets:
- Azraesha: Wine glass in her room on the floor(by the table where she drinks wine)
- Naomi: Rum bottle in the kitchen on the floor
- Caitlin: Book under bed in her room
- Lyriel: Fallen lamp stand in the attic(by the door to Rae's room in the evening)
Sorry for the typos(if there were any)
I think I've found them all except the wine bottle. Is there a specific time I need to be in the living room/kitchen?

Cierne

Jul 5, 2018
So it's been a while since I played this game, downloaded the recent version and made sure to start from a spot where the game isn't messed up.
And I'd like to say, this has been a joy to play through with all the content that's been added since last I played.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ZanithOne

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I've added links the "official" compressed version. It doesn't look too good, though, cause I used a PSNR-based compression, and it turned out a bit shit. Will recompress again, but a bit later.

And if you have issues with the in-game phone gallery, please donwload the patch for PC/Mac. Android version will be fixed in the future updates.

I didn't mean to imply that there is something wrong with Naomi that needs to be changed, I'm just saying I personally don't enjoy her, and that's fine. I'm sure there's people who don't like Lyriel even though I do, it all comes down to taste. Trying to please everyone is a gargantuan task and, more often than not, it doesn't work too well because we all have different tastes in the end.
If this is how you envisioned Naomi, then by all means keep her the way she is. Even though I and some others may not like her, I'm sure she has fans as well.
Totally. It's just there are valid criticisms of my approach, and I intend to fix those.

ZanithOne
Just wanted to say thank you for how good your updates are. I know the world is literally on fire right now, but i see constant updates on your Patreon and updates here. It shows you clearly care about your project and put alot of effort into it as well as engaging with a bunch of filthy pirates on here with feedback, I just wanted to take a quick aside to say; Thanks and keep up the good work!
Thank you! My productivity did take a big hit, though, and although I'm very slowly returning to form, it's still nowhere near good.

I can only advise you to not try to adapt your characters for the taste of everybody. Some may be less popular than other but it's normal and there will always be people to enjoy them. Give YOUR vision of your story and the characters before all.
Thank you! But as I said (and going to repeat a couple more times :) )
> There are valid criticisms of my approach, and I intend to fix those.

In case you didn't catch my praise of the game so far I'm a huge fan!
The story, the girls and the sex all add up to one of the best games on this site. Please don't let any criticisms discourage you. I have seen projects die because a part of the fan base became Karens demanding this and that without contributing a dime to the development.
Thank you! And again,
> There are valid criticisms of my approach, and I intend to fix those.

Honestly, I like Naomi's motherly ways, the teet suck/jerkoff scene was A+ in my book.
I like Naomi in general but here are the two, two and a half things that don't work for me, the second one is the major one.
The two things I have against her are:
1.) The workout scene grossed me the hell out. sweat-stained shorts with a femdom flavored smothering was a perfect recipe for making me gag. That being one of the first "Sexual" interactions colored my perception of her sexually in a negative way.
2.) She seems very emotionally distant. Like, on the one hand she likes cuddling by the door frame, which is sweet, but anytime you try and get close after sex she shoos you away. Makes me feel like you were just a placeholder for someone else and she would of taken any warm body at that moment, so its not sweet anymore, it doesnt mean anything. That point is kinda driven home when she starts cuddling Caitlyn in the doorframe instead.
3.) Though this is a very, very minor one, the coloring of her character just feels super off to me. I get she's suppose to be black but the way her nipples look, like thats the only part of the character model that was not dyed black, makes it seem as if Naomi is a white model doing blackface and it always bugged me. Like I said, very, very minor but something that always seemed off.
1. The workout scene is mitigated to a completely option route for that exact reason. I know not everyone like such activities, but I still want to have a somewhat diverse kink list.
2. No comment :whistle:
3. The nipples are that way because that's how her witch blood is showing. I will eventually get this bit of lore into the game.

I'll agree with that in terms of her body problems. I find it super odd, her nipples seems out of place(being either black, or just really tanned).
See above :)

I agree 100%. I really like the character of Naomi even though I don't care for her femdom content. But her baby face doesn't match the hard body or her "tough as nails" backstory.
Her face is a separate issue. The engine doesn't like dark-skinned characters. I've made some adjustments recently. Don't know if I'll ever have time to go through every older scene with Naomi, but at least the newer ones should be better.

I'm just holding out hope this game will have individual endings, particularly for Rae, but that might be asking for a bit much.
Perhaps.

For me its because in almost all of her sex scenes main character is way way too passive. He just lays there like a dead fish or stand still. He might as well be a mannequin with a dildo taped on to it. That makes those sex scenes very boring and boring scenes means boring character for me.
That's a very fair assessment, and I do intend to improve on that.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
not complaining but why is the developer sharing the patreon code wtf
I'm not, and of course I would prefer for it to not be leaked so blatantly. I still want to interact with folks playing the game, and having thread ownership does come with some small bonuses.

Is there a way to speed up or just skip the animations?
Which ones? The intro is made that way so the visuals and text are at least somewhat synchronized. After the intro is over, there are no blocking animations.

According to the Changelog there's still no shopping with Rae. Sigh... :)
On my to-do list. But the list is big.

my god i love your writing and the game play is spectacular, if it wasn't for this covid killing my work hours i would fully support all your work. but until i get more hours ill settle with just telling everybody i know about your game. i hope that will be enough for now. im kinda envious of your talent the make a good story. here's hoping you release more content soon.
Thank you!

I had to start a new save because of my data corrupted and now I can't unlock the gallery.

I click on the items and nothing happen, just show up the message but still locked in the cellphone.
Please get the patch from the master post if you're playing on PC/Mac. I made a stupid mistake with the gallery init code.

We has fighting scene in this update

Mind spoil me what if we choose win??
Lose??
Its affect in the future update.?

Thank you
No, this one doesn't change anything, I just wanted to get some fighting back into the game.

Not sure if this has been addressed, but for some reason the android version seems to interfere with google play store, causes it to crash multiple times while this game is installed. Once I uninstalled this, the issue stopped. Still love the game, just makes everything else difficult.
That's an issue with the large (2Gb+) .apk packages. Please get the compressed one, or try installing via the ADB (but it might not help).

Could you share your save file? This def shouldn't happen.

Is it jst for me that some animations do not loop? So far Rae´s missionary and shower scenes, along with Naomi´s cowgirl scene are the ones that presents this issue... Will check for others
That seems to be an issue with RenPy's video playback code. Or rather, with the video playback library used by RenPy. It just disappears after a couple of restarts most of the time.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes