ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I haven't played this game for a while, but I've decided to download this update to play the new content. However, new quests don't appear for me and I try to sleep until the next day to see if new quests appear but it doesn't.

Should I just restart the game again or is there something else that could make new quests appear?
The questlog update is in the works, but for now just use Love App to look for event hints.

Also having issues with new events not showing up. I didn't download the last update, but upon downloading this one I'm only seeing information on how to progress with Lyriel. Rae still shows as "End of route for current version".
Most new events don't appear in the quest log (for now), look into the Love App.

My only real issue is that the elf doesn't come back every morning to do the cleaning like she says she will. She hasn't been back since. :(
I don't think she mentioned coming in every morning? That said, she should be back in a few days.

It feels like this game has kind of lost the plot. Not in a weird-crazy-shit way, but in like... it's literally gotten lost. I haven't played for a few updates, and now it seems most of the effort probably went into dreams? The bulk of which seem entirely irrelevant, and maybe the much smaller one might be relevant?

It's been ages since Rae had anything. Naomi too. Even the new girl barely got started before she got forgotten as well... I'm not entirely sure why she exists to be honest. Not only has nothing been done with her, she's like... a good bit less busty Naomi with a submissive streak instead of a dominant one. And Naomi is already a fairly, uh.. typed character, if you get what I mean. Seems weird to have two, and the rest of her particulars are a bit unusual too. If the dev had some wonderful idea for it, I was thinking it might work. But... nope, just forgotten. So why even is she?
Rae's story is going to be continued in v0.5.11 and then in another update or two. The main story will pick up after the main cast is locked in and everyone is in the house.

Hello all, I am enjoying this game, but the last part has me puzzled. It just slowed right down. I got the have sex with the elf when she cleans in the morning, I got a lot of dream sex, but I think I only got to do it with Cait once, in her blue sleep wear.

My first question is this: is it possible to do it with Cait again with the latest version? Or was it a one time thing, and you can rub, kiss, lick, poke here anywhere and everywhere but have sex with her after the first time? I also cannot trigger the pool BJ sex scenes, she just chats or we hang but nothing more.

Second question: I went to a bar/date with the pirate (lovely creature), and we had no money, is there a follow up to this in the game already or was that it? I wondered why she never wanted to go back...

anyhow enough for now, enjoyed my time with the game so far. Thank in advance.
The main story will pick up after the main cast is locked in and everyone is in the house. Cait's sex scene repeat is coming in v0.5.10. Pool BJ should work fine, if you can't trigger it even after following all the hints, post your save, please, I'll have a look.

There will be other visits to the bar with Naomi, but I don't have an ETA for that yet.

I've never used the patches. Are all of them high resolution patches?
If I start now, do I have to get all?
There are two types of patches, and they are not cross-compatible. If you haven't updated in a while, better download a full game.

There seems to be a potential continuity error when meeting all of Cait's friends; she tells them about Yona even if Yona isn't in the house yet.
Oh. Thanks, I'll look into it.

Yes. The "update patches" only include new files and those which have changed. In a long enough running game the bulk of the data will stay the same (e. g. all the graphics and dialogue from the first 5 chapters or what have you) so you're downloading a lot of stuff you already have with the full install.

Getting a hi-res update on a compressed game or vice versa should normally not cause any problems if only the images were compressed - apart from inconsistent image resolution (if you even notice that) - but how many things do we know that "normally" shouldn't happen with computers actually do happen, so it is always a bit of a gamble and may be best to keep your resolution. ("I will stop smoking this year")
The patches are NOT cross-compatible. They are made with a third-party software that makes binary diffs from archived assets. It's not super stable and patches can randomly fail. It's not an ideal solution, but it's the best I can provide for now.

Ginpach

Jul 15, 2019
Came back to the game after some time and I would like to start from the begining. My scene gallery is unlocked, how do I lock it?

afedvfe

Oct 8, 2020
Came back to the game after some time and I would like to start from the begining. My scene gallery is unlocked, how do I lock it?
Go into the saves directory and delete the file named persistent. Do make a backup beforehand, in case you want it later.

Nov 10, 2017
NOICE update with Cait. had me laughing by the end of the update, thought it was going to be like recurring event where Protag is either left alone or is kicked out in the morning. seems like a Cait thing to do

Wondering if you're gonna take the route where Protag, Rae and Naomi would be worrying over other powerful beings from other worlds, overly powerful and old ambitious and greedy mind readers, that'd take great interest and would benefit greatly from the protagonist's access to high form of technology, but hey no need for ultra real characters if this is wholesome, cuz writing an enemy is with their own world and own factions and their own convictions and reasons is another thing too.
(mostly got ideas from Mushoku or Halo cross over to DnD)

just imagining what if the Protag all of a sudden said, "I need guns" then opens closet (nah, a grenade, a pistol and a knife is fine can escape fast anyway) and a training obstacle outside lol.

Last edited:

afedvfe

Oct 8, 2020
I did as you said, but the gallery is still unlocked:eek:
there should be a duplicate save folder outside your game folder, these are the instruction to find it (it should have a recognizable name under that path)

Python:
## Save directory ##############################################################
##
## Controls the platform-specific place Ren'Py will place the save files for
## this game. The save files will be placed in:
##
## Windows: %APPDATA\RenPy\<config.save_directory>
##
## Macintosh: $HOME/Library/RenPy/<config.save_directory>
##
## Linux: $HOME/.renpy/<config.save_directory>
##
## This generally should not be changed, and if it is, should always be a
## literal string, not an expression.

Ginpach

Jul 15, 2019
there should be a duplicate save folder outside your game folder, these are the instruction to find it (it should have a recognizable name under that path)

Python:
## Save directory ##############################################################
##
## Controls the platform-specific place Ren'Py will place the save files for
## this game. The save files will be placed in:
##
## Windows: %APPDATA\RenPy\<config.save_directory>
##
## Macintosh: $HOME/Library/RenPy/<config.save_directory>
##
## Linux: $HOME/.renpy/<config.save_directory>
##
## This generally should not be changed, and if it is, should always be a
## literal string, not an expression.
Cleaning appdata/renpy is usually first thing I do. I deleted AHouseInTheRift folder. Later I cleaned everything in the Renpy folder too. Gallery still unlocked.

No big deal, but it's weird and gonna bug me.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Cleaning appdata/renpy is usually first thing I do. I deleted AHouseInTheRift folder. Later I cleaned everything in the Renpy folder too. Gallery still unlocked.

No big deal, but it's weird and gonna bug me.
You have to delete both persistent files while the game is closed, if the game is running it will just recreate them, that might be it?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Other than Rae and Naomi (and it's even true to a degree with both of them), the women have some degree of insecurity they're dealing with. To me, that makes them much more realistic; the vast majority of humans have varying degrees of insecurity. This makes it all the better for someone like me, a sucker for romance.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The same has proven true in this latest release with Cait.

And although I really wouldn't mind something developing with Eurydice, because Cait specifically asked that the MC not do anything intimate with her, I can't resist the request, so the MC succumbs to her wishes. It makes sense to me, anyway: the MC and Cait have developed a strong bond over the weeks they've been in the house together. At least in my own playthrough, I've tried to show nothing but respect to all of the women (although sometimes being playfully disrespectful during sex, like with Rae, is nice too).

The consequence of this is that it feels a little wrong to get involved with anyone beyond the girls in the house, like you're wrecking a special thing when you do. Since I've had the MC try to be committed to each of them (as committed as one can be to women in a harem), it feels like he should only get intimate with the core group. And I'm OK with that.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
And although I really wouldn't mind something developing with Eurydice, because Cait specifically asked that the MC not do anything intimate with her, I can't resist the request, so the MC succumbs to her wishes. It makes sense to me, anyway: the MC and Cait have developed a strong bond over the weeks they've been in the house together. At least in my own playthrough, I've tried to show nothing but respect to all of the women (although sometimes being playfully disrespectful during sex, like with Rae, is nice too).
I won't be surprised if something does, or with one of the elf girls, or Sirenia, one of Naomi's crew, etc., but I'm sure that it would only happen after talking to her (or the other girl in question) and her accepting it, if we assuage her misgivings. We really don't know why she asked us not to do anything with Eurydice, when she doesn't have any problem with us doing things with the girls in the house; my personal theory is that Cait wouldn't be jealous of her, but of us. She's hinted to having a crush on a girl before, and I think it might be her.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Interesting theory.
I think it'd be nice to get a few more hints like this, some of them maybe dead ends, in random conversations in the house.
I'd absolutely be ok with an update that's really just 5-10 extra short random conversations with each character that can pop up in some places and situations.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Interesting theory.
I think it'd be nice to get a few more hints like this, some of them maybe dead ends, in random conversations in the house.
I'd absolutely be ok with an update that's really just 5-10 extra short random conversations with each character that can pop up in some places and situations.
As long as "random" doesn't mean you may or may not get the conversation based on some roll of the digital dice. I don't like having to track stuff down that's important to a story without any real guarantee that you'll find information. I don't mind things as extras here and there that need to be found (like the secret images in this game), but not if it affects your enjoyment and possible understanding of the plot.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlasKyau

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Actually, I should probably make something like a "reset gallery" button along with the gallery unlock. I'll get on it, er, in some unspecified time in the future.

Now that all the girls are in the game, are we going to see more group activities in the near future?
Not yet, but yes, once all the main cast girls are in the game, there will be more group events.

Interesting theory.
I'd like to add more random minor conversations, but something else always takes precedence. :(

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes