spm3ds

Jun 8, 2018
So, I'm also getting a game crash.
Just found this game and tried loading it multiple ways, but it always ends up like this after the opening scene, and if I ever click the Gallery button too. Do I have an incomplete game download? And if so, where can I find a working copy? (Running on Mac)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpy", line 41, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/navigation/house/ground_floor/living_room/living_room.rpy", line 115, in execute
  File "game/scripts/navigation/house/ground_floor/living_room/living_room.rpy", line 115, in execute
  File "game/scripts/navigation/house/ground_floor/living_room/living_room.rpy", line 184, in execute
  File "game/scripts/navigation/house/ground_floor/living_room/living_room.rpy", line 184, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'item_available'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/quests/story/0_intro/intro_house_v2.rpyc", line 101, in script call
  File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 25, in script
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpy", line 41, in <module>
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3693, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3693, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "/Volumes/Untitled/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/navigation/house/ground_floor/living_room/living_room.rpy", line 184, in execute
  File "game/scripts/navigation/house/ground_floor/living_room/living_room.rpy", line 184, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'item_available'

Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
A House in the Rift 0.5.10r2
Sun Nov  7 01:09:34 2021

Jan 21, 2021
encountered a bug where the skip from caitlins first sex scene permanently stays on your saves screen

While running game code:
File "game/utils/display/anim_utils.rpy", line 23, in <module>
NameError: name 'target_skip_label_name' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 5, in script call
File "utils/display/anim_utils.rpyc", line 23, in script
File "C:\Users\pdile\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "C:\Users\pdile\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sun Nov 07 01:44:05 2021

alextp2651

Dec 9, 2017
encountered a bug where the skip from caitlins first sex scene permanently stays on your saves screen

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 5, in script call
File "utils/display/anim_utils.rpyc", line 23, in script
File "C:\Users\pdile\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "C:\Users\pdile\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sun Nov 07 01:44:05 2021
did you install Gallery Unlocker mod ?

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
so, I had to start the game over and have finally finished and am now caught up to the current update. however my reason for making this post is to point out a bit of a continuity error that I noticed when doing the most recent content with Caitlin. in my playthrough i ad just barely started having the dreams of Yona when i took Cait back to the wizard school and she told her friends about living with an orc and later calls her by name when the girls ask about the people shes living with. id played the old versions of the game and knew Yona was about to join the house but at this point in the story Cait shouldnt have known who Yona is yet.

its just a slight continuity error but might be fixed by making it so Cait doesnt ask to be taken to see her friends (or the possibility of going to see her friends) is dependent on Yona being in the house first.

Jan 21, 2021
unistall unren and renpy mod that why your game crashe
excuse me what? unren only enables rollback, quicksave, and skip (none of which i used in the scene) and urm only edits things when i personally edit them. neither of them had any impact on the scene because i used neither of them during that scene. its not always the mods that make a crash happen in a game.

Reactions: MorganMaximara

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
excuse me what? unren only enables rollback, quicksave, and skip (none of which i used in the scene) and urm only edits things when i personally edit them. neither of them had any impact on the scene because i used neither of them during that scene. its not always the mods that make a crash happen in a game.
Although it should be mentioned that changing the girls' stats outside of their usual realm (dunno whether you did that) will cause problems later on. In a circumstance like yours the game shouldn't crash because of changes but they can. Though I agree that it is probably not the case, always suspect any non game changes as at least possible culprits.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
An other thing to consider is that Zanith uses a vertion of RenPy that he modified a bit so it does not work with the usual tools you can use with it. I am not proeficient in programing so I can't tell how much of an impact it can have. for example if I am not mistaken the modifications to the engin already prohibit the game from functionning with joyplay on android phones.

Reactions: voyeurkind

Assassini

Oct 17, 2018
This might not be your problem but I remember a few people were having trouble with that event and I'm pretty sure to trigger it you actually need to walk into the library (click on the door). I don't know if it matters whether or not she's in the library but just try clicking on the door throughout the day and see if that works. If it doesn't then you should be able to find an answer by searching something like "check on Lyriel" in this thread
Holy shit, THIS actually solved the problem!

I was going into the library and then time-skipping through the whole week while inside the library. I'm pretty sure I actually did two weeks back-to-back just in case I'd somehow fudged it and missed a time-slot.

Turns out that I had to time-skip outside the library and then enter to trigger the event. I'll have to keep that in mind for other similar things.

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
Just read that Zanith updates this game roughly every four weeks; had no idea that the update schedule for this game is so frequent, that's amazing! :D

Now at least I know I can expect some regular progress from this amazing game. :)

Also, am I the only one who is totally in love with Rae and Lyriel, for different reasons...?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Also, am I the only one who is totally in love with Rae and Lyriel, for different reasons...?
Nope; they are my personal favorites as well, at least so far.

I doubt she will replace either of them, but I do want to see what happens with the Yona arc. So much potential before she turned into this docile doormat. I get why it happened, the story made it clear, but I really hope she gets her spine back.

Reactions: Forgotted
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes