ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I seem to be having a problem with this game.
No matter what I do, when I save it and load the save, it goes back to day five, which is really frustrating.
All that time and it refuses to save it properly.
Can someone help me with a solution please?
Please post your save here or PM it to me, I'll have a look. Definitely should not be happening, and I really want to get to the bottom of it, cause it could be related to my recent attempt at improving save compatibility between versions.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Speaking of save issues, I have a much, much less serious issue that pops up from time to time; sometimes when I load a save the phone opens itself for no reason. I can't consistently reproduce it, but it's happened a few times now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZanithOne

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Speaking of save issues, I have a much, much less serious issue that pops up from time to time; sometimes when I load a save the phone opens itself for no reason. I can't consistently reproduce it, but it's happened quite a few times now.
I think I know what causes this, v0.3.6 should fix it.

what an excellent game this is. Im enjoying it all the way through and that doesnt happen often for me.
Thanks!

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
Ok, I've talked to Cait in the library like twelve times on different days after the (I'm assuming, this is my first time playing through this game) new option scene in her room, and I keep getting the standard found another book response. Am I missing something?

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Thanks for the kind words, but I'm afraid you're going to be somewhat disappointed. "Good" path is the default, and while there are some bits and pieces of dialogue for the "bad" route, it's not nearly as well developed. I'd like to expand it a bit and add more decision-based story development, but for now I'm focusing on new content, so it's not something that's going to come soon.
Is a lot of variation within the good path (tactful, stupidly honest, flirtatious, perverted or conservative etc) and it might not change story but the character reactions so well done it makes great role playing. As for no Bad path, the asshat MC with zero redeeming features has been so overdone. Very few people are truly good or bad and this game captures that nicely. Sure it might sound interesting to have a inter dimensional Dungeon full of sex slaves to mould to your will but it would just become another save trainer with an unrelatable MC and it would need Rae to be just another succubus clone.

ChippyP

Aug 24, 2016
I think one of the smartest things about the writing, and the thing I respect most about it, is its use of expository dialogue, something I whine about pretty frequently. This game has a lot of exposition, more than most of its competition I'd wager, but it never feels like it. The game gives you a lot of information, but never something irrelevant that you wouldn't need or want to know in the moment, and it's always framed in a way that the goofball protagonist can understand. It makes the setting feel more natural and accessible, and eases the player into the big cosmic mystery at play. And because it's framed for an actual idiot to understand, and certain details are obfuscated for his benefit, it gives flexibility to future writing, not everything needs to be set in stone as long as it's logically consistent with what's previously been said.

It's way too often that I see a game shove paragraph after paragraph down the reader's throat, frontloading every piece of information possible into one big, ugly, hard to swallow chunk, and I can't fully express my relief to see it done right here.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Ok, I've talked to Cait in the library like twelve times on different days after the (I'm assuming, this is my first time playing through this game) new option scene in her room, and I keep getting the standard found another book response. Am I missing something?
Could you post your save? There are triggers going missing from time to time, I'll try to find the problem.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
New alpha release is available. Master post with changelog is available for everyone here:
And the download links for alpha-access patrons are here:

Reactions: LemuresXL

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
just published another State of the Game post. I rant a bit, discuss the general direction of the game and publish the results of some polls.
Damn that's a long post. I'ma just talk about the pictures:
  • The girls looking stylin' at the top, I love those outfits
  • I'm not sure exactly how Rae is supposed to be looking at that... oddly textured ice cream, but she doesn't look happy
  • The elven slut with the ahegao face looks really sexy, and I really like her ears too; do you have morphs to let her emote with those? That would be really cute.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I seriously hope all of the fetish stuff will be optional not just the "virginity" one, I have no real interest in group sex inc. ffm, really the only one I'm truly interested in seeing is the cosplay and that's just me wanting to see Rae dress-up as Harley again. If that dream stuff with Cait is added I hope we can skip certain dreams without missing others not having to view each dream to progress to the next.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
  • I'm not sure exactly how Rae is supposed to be looking at that... oddly textured ice cream, but she doesn't look happy
Good news, she is happy now! And the ice cream got an upgrade! ice.png

• The elven slut with the ahegao face looks really sexy, and I really like her ears too; do you have morphs to let her emote with those? That would be really cute.
L-lewd
ears_up.png
(yes, but she's not a cat)

I seriously hope all of the fetish stuff will be optional not just the "virginity" one, I have no real interest in group sex inc. ffm, really the only one I'm truly interested in seeing is the cosplay and that's just me wanting to see Rae dress-up as Harley again. If that dream stuff with Cait is added I hope we can skip certain dreams without missing others not having to view each dream to progress to the next.
Fetish events will always be cancelable/skippable. By virginity being optional I meant that I'll probably add a toggle because that's something that'll come up in the natural "vanilla" progression of the game, and if people don't like it, there's no reason why I can't hide this part of the process.

Some dreams will probably be done like story arcs. Aforementioned Cait's dream will probably be two (or more) dreams. But yes, each separate dream arc will be optional.

Hit an error when trying to go to kitchen/living room
Could you send me your save? I will fix this, but this is one of the things that's just not supposed to happen. Something messed up the schedule and I'd like to know what.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Good news, she is happy now! And the ice cream got an upgrade! View attachment 461891
Happy Rae is better than... I don't know if it was sad Rae, or just confused, bewildered or perplexed Rae, but happy Rae is better. Happy Rae is just hard to beat; cumming-her-brains-out Rae and cheeky-little-devil Rae might be better, but are really just different kinds of happy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
L-lewd
View attachment 461899
(yes, but she's not a cat)
Oh, that is cute. I'm not sure I get the cat reference though; does she not like having her ears petted? That would be a shame, sensitive ears is a fun trope for elves.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Weekly CG spam is here! Are you hot for teacher? Full set is at and another free pic is at
ahitr_cg_191117_01.png

Oh, that is cute. I'm not sure I get the cat reference though; does she not like having her ears petted? That would be a shame, sensitive ears is a fun trope for elves.
I mean, she won't be too articulate with her ears. Sensitivity is a whole other topic, and I'm keeping mum about it for now.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Weekly CG spam is here! Are you hot for teacher? Full set is at and another free pic is at
View attachment 463248

I mean, she won't be too articulate with her ears. Sensitivity is a whole other topic, and I'm keeping mum about it for now.
Class is in session! *whips a desk* :love:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
View attachment 463248
She is absolutely gorgeous. I can just imagine it; she's had a very stressful day, and now she needs you to bend her over her desk and fuck her silly.
Or perhaps for the more kinky minded, you borrow her pointer and give her a few swats on the bum:
47979.jpg
Ah, I see. I wouldn't expect them to go flat like a cat's do, no.
surprised cat.jpeg
Imagine how odd that would look! Going droopy when she's sad or upset and perking up when we cheer her up though, definitely hoping for that.

Regarding sensitivity, having a species' most obvious physical difference from humans also being a major erogenous zone may be predictable, but the thought of her being adamant you don't touch her ears and later discovering that the reason for that is that touching them gets her wet as a river, and teasing them a little will make her cum? That would be far too hot to complain about.

Also, noticed an issue with one of Naomi's TV watching scenes:
screenshot0001.png
This is after we've all been to his world. I think you need some versions to use after Cait arrives or if you tell her the truth from the start.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes