ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
LOving the game so far but...am i the only one who find the moving camera during the scenes extremely annoying?
I know its from the MC point of view but its killing it for me :cautious:
This was a topic of a recent mini-poll, it's still ongoing, you can cast your vote too -
But the results are pretty clear already, I will tone the movement down a bit in POV loops and remove it almost completely in 3rd person loops. Will maybe keep just a tiny bit of movement, when the camera is totally stable it feels too sterile for me.

I hope Lady Sirenia will get her own quest line sooner or later and not only used just to help other chariter quest. She is mighty fine .
Actually,
Well, she did say she had to talk with MC again, so something's planned. We'll just have to be patient.
is right ;)

This is good :oops:
Thanks!

Yeah, I got almost seasick when I watched that. The movement could be toned down a bit in the further animations.
Yup, that's what's going to happen. Will go through older ones too when I have time.

As an bibliophile I was interested in checking what's in that small library (Only some 360-380 books in there, compared to 3300 books that I have). Plenty of extra copies of the same books and not in any particular order.
Started writing a spoiler-y explanation, but no, I'll leave it for later :p

The book on which Caitlin was making changes, was unpublished (until 2015) 16th century book The Cambridge Book of Magic: A Tudor Necromancer's Manual. It was mostly about conjuring angels and demons, for the purpose of divination, harming someone and recovering stolen property. Also some info about astrology and medicine, especially plants and herbs.
Damn, this is impressive, just from the two pages shown.

I bet a modern gym would just blow her mind. She was pretty amazed by just the weight bench.
Our Naomi would surely be impressed.

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Started writing a spoiler-y explanation, but no, I'll leave it for later :p
Yeah, I know, library works like the fridge. Books disappear and appear randomly. We can't expect them to arrange themselves alphabetically and into right classes. Hmm, that reminds me bit of the workings of the quantum physics.

Damn, this is impressive, just from the two pages shown.
Not really. Google is your big brother. He knows everything...

When I was at high school I collected list of some esoteric books for the use of Call of Cthulhu RPG, but only one that I remembered from that list was Sir James George Frazer - The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion (1890) and I checked first if it was that one. And I knew it wasn't any of the few that I had in my own library.

alpharenji

Jul 5, 2018
Sorry for being that guy, but is it ok for me to ask for a compressed version of the current edition?
Its always ok to be that guy I know your pain of needing compressed but it may not this update since it doesnt offer much

Reactions: dbah

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Please download the updated version, links are in this post -
I'll update the master post with hotfix ASAP

Those two are from v0.3.1, it'll go public next weekend.
Still get clue to meditate with Rae in evening but nothing happens except telling me Focus limit reached (I am one update behind). Love the design otherwise. Like that you can really play the character how you like and still get the girls. I need to play more to see just how much the girls change depending on how you treat them but playing flirtatious but respectful and honest the girls behaviour really reflected play style.

EDIT downloaded latest and it triggered immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZanithOne

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

A House In The Rift [v0.3.5 Public] [Zanith] - Original Size: 1.10GB

Download PC (515MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kiwo

Jul 11, 2018
Little but awesome update.
Keep doing the awesome job, and I just love the way that you handle the animations, it's original, smooth, simple and on point.
I like the camera moving a little when is in first person to bring """""""realism"""""" it's not that thing you want to throw up because have too much movment and it's not static.

YamiVanguard

Sep 13, 2017
I've just recently stumbled upon this game, and I'm usually the person who devours content at a very fast rate. This game however, I loved the writing, the visuals and animation, and the atmosphere of the game so much, for the first time in my life I turned the game prematurely so I can enjoy it more later. I will definietly support, tremendously great job on the game, I hope to see this project see fruition and longevity!

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

A House In The Rift [v0.3.5 Public] [Zanith] - Original Size: 1.10GB

Download PC (515MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Workupload link is gone? :oops:o_O

Reactions: lang25

LemuresXL

Sep 3, 2017
Alright man, I finished everything I found. I think I might be missing one thing... I'll get it later. But man this is great! Such good personalities on the girls, good writing in the game. So often in these games I just hit CTRL but I like reading what's being said in this one. Hell broheim I'd say that's a big accomplishment on it's own. I think having that good dialogue and story gets people to stick around for the long term with ya.

I like that the chars have a fair amount of sweetness, it's not just complete whores. Even the succubus. Good stuff. Normally I find chars like a succubus boring due to how one dimensional they are but Rea is great.

Past that, you have these gorgeous models. When I first glanced at the screen shots I thought it was gonna be your normal honey select stuff, nothing to special but man was I wrong. The animations are good, I personally really like the movement during scenes. You did some smart stuff like the MC looking at Rea's butt =P Hah when I first saw that I had to laugh cause hell I do the same thing with my GF.

I hate patreon but you deserve support and I threw in on that. Keep up the good work.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Alright man, I finished everything I found. I think I might be missing one thing... I'll get it later. But man this is great! Such good personalities on the girls, good writing in the game. So often in these games I just hit CTRL but I like reading what's being said in this one. Hell broheim I'd say that's a big accomplishment on it's own. I think having that good dialogue and story gets people to stick around for the long term with ya.

I like that the chars have a fair amount of sweetness, it's not just complete whores. Even the succubus. Good stuff. Normally I find chars like a succubus boring due to how one dimensional they are but Rea is great.

Past that, you have these gorgeous models. When I first glanced at the screen shots I thought it was gonna be your normal honey select stuff, nothing to special but man was I wrong. The animations are good, I personally really like the movement during scenes. You did some smart stuff like the MC looking at Rea's butt =P Hah when I first saw that I had to laugh cause hell I do the same thing with my GF.

I hate patreon but you deserve support and I threw in on that. Keep up the good work.
Totally agree with all you said. I not only not hitting CTRL I was rolling back just to see how girls would respond to to various approaches. Will definitely be supporting and playing multiple times. Loving the flirtatious yet respectful but overly honest path (a few times I thought Rae would kill me but its so well done I not sure if to fap or laugh my ass off)at moment but will definitely be trying many different paths in future.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Totally agree with all you said. I not only not hitting CTRL I was rolling back just to see how girls would respond to to various approaches. Will definitely be supporting and playing multiple times. Loving the flirtatious yet respectful but overly honest path (a few times I thought Rae would kill me but its so well done I not sure if to fap or laugh my ass off)at moment but will definitely be trying many different paths in future.
Thanks for the kind words, but I'm afraid you're going to be somewhat disappointed. "Good" path is the default, and while there are some bits and pieces of dialogue for the "bad" route, it's not nearly as well developed. I'd like to expand it a bit and add more decision-based story development, but for now I'm focusing on new content, so it's not something that's going to come soon.

DarkShroud

Mar 5, 2018
I seem to be having a problem with this game.
No matter what I do, when I save it and load the save, it goes back to day five, which is really frustrating.
All that time and it refuses to save it properly.
Can someone help me with a solution please?

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes