ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey, the thread update year is wrong, is saying:
Thread Updated: 2019-01-17
Release Date: 2019-01-17
Fixed, thanks.

Hey ZanithOne, I started a new game and have some bugs to report, largely fast travel/scheduling system interactions:
Oof, yeah, expected something like this. Thank you, and gonna have a conversation with my so-called QA team :mad:

Could you see one of the dream sequences made with Koikatsu? First response of the characters could be "How'd we become an anime?!?" or something similar.
Sounds fun, but probably not realistic, the amount of work needed to replicate characters and then their clothing/accessories is too large for a single side scene.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Sounds fun, but probably not realistic, the amount of work needed to replicate characters and then their clothing/accessories is too large for a single side scene.
IIRC Rina had the Koikatsu toon shader applied, didn't she? Doing something like that for certain dreams could be interesting.

Azzazeal

Jun 18, 2019
Hello i have little problem here. I can't continue in Caitlin story, the hint is telling me to talk to her in library but when i try that she just said " Yes, let's talk, only ... Just five more minutes, ok? " and thats all... Can someone help me? Výstřižek.PNG

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
IIRC Rina had the Koikatsu toon shader applied, didn't she? Doing something like that for certain dreams could be interesting.
Nope, all in post. Lots and lots of post with some vector work done by hand.

ZanithOne more bugs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks, will recheck. Do you have saves with those bugs by any chance? Might be something related to a particular order of even activation, I think map worked fine for me for those events.

Hello i have little problem here. I can't continue in Caitlin story, the hint is telling me to talk to her in library but when i try that she just said " Yes, let's talk, only ... Just five more minutes, ok? " and thats all... Can someone help me? View attachment 521923
Can you give me your save, please?

Reactions: L30

Azzazeal

Jun 18, 2019
Nope, all in post. Lots and lots of post with some vector work done by hand.

Thanks, will recheck. Do you have saves with those bugs by any chance? Might be something related to a particular order of even activation, I think map worked fine for me for those events.

Can you give me your save, please?
Here you go, hope i didnt mess up :D

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Here you go, hope i didnt mess up :D
Try this one, please. The in-game fix will be included into the v0.4.0, in the meantime, if anyone else has this problem, hit me up.

On a side note, gods, I hate this bug so, so much. Those disappearing triggers drive me mad. I still can't fathom what could cause this, and while I have a vague idea on how to track down this bug, it's rare enough that neither I nor any of the folks who help me with testing can reproduce it. So even if I make the diagnostic code that will track the bug, I'll have to add some sort of remote logging solution so I can actually gather some samples, and then I'll have to make something to ask people if they are alright with submitting logs, cause just gathering people's info without asking is not cool, I'm not facebook, after all.

Reactions: L30 and Fatjoe698

Azzazeal

Jun 18, 2019
Try this one, please. The in-game fix will be included into the v0.4.0, in the meantime, if anyone else has this problem, hit me up.

On a side note, gods, I hate this bug so, so much. Those disappearing triggers drive me mad. I still can't fathom what could cause this, and while I have a vague idea on how to track down this bug, it's rare enough that neither I nor any of the folks who help me with testing can reproduce it. So even if I make the diagnostic code that will track the bug, I'll have to add some sort of remote logging solution so I can actually gather some samples, and then I'll have to make something to ask people if they are alright with submitting logs, cause just gathering people's info without asking is not cool, I'm not facebook, after all.
Thank you so much <3

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Not all of them, I'm afraid, but a couple. 1-2 is during the breakfast event with Cait, I don't know if that's any use, 1-3 definitely shows the issue, all girls showing in the living room but none of them there. And 1-4 is another symptom where after the house meeting with all the girls, Lyriel shows up as being in the upstairs bathroom but isn't actually there (or anywhere).
(Also, I have some criticisms of how these events play out, but even if you agree with them I don't know if this is a good time for revising the events; let me know if you want to hear them now or I should leave them for when the update goes public?)
Also, some typos:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
I thought a etherwalk to a Anime realm with the girls would be pretty funny. The MC would be "ok I understand what's going on!" It would be a funny way to show the girls he does have some knowledge. After all a anime realm could just be another lost realm. And the girls in stereotypical Japanese school girl outfits would be hysterical.

I do have to say this is one of my favorite games.

Zelai

May 8, 2019
I really enjoyed my time with the game im hoping for a full working gallery on one of the next updates the game has currently about 20ish lewd events and the gallery only shows 4.
With any luck this small gallery is the first step.
While the lewd scenes are repeatable in game i much rather just check back on the gallery after i have finished them in game.
Screenshot_1.png

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
This was a fun game right up until the "end of content" messages that weren't actually the end of content.

That's kinda confusing and i can only assume it's a hold over from previous versions that wasn't removed which would also explain why the Phone tracker was also not accurate.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Not all of them, I'm afraid, but a couple. 1-2 is during the breakfast event with Cait, I don't know if that's any use, 1-3 definitely shows the issue, all girls showing in the living room but none of them there. And 1-4 is another symptom where after the house meeting with all the girls, Lyriel shows up as being in the upstairs bathroom but isn't actually there (or anywhere).
Also, some typos:
Thank you, will be fixing all those ASAP along with bugs and typos others found.

(Also, I have some criticisms of how these events play out, but even if you agree with them I don't know if this is a good time for revising the events; let me know if you want to hear them now or I should leave them for when the update goes public?)
Your call, really, don't mind either way. I definitely would appreciate feedback, though I must say, it's very unlikely that there will be any major revisions unless I screwed up the continuity or some universal laws in a major way and didn't notice. I am not 100% happy with the way I handled this bit of story either, but I kinda never really am, workload, balancing act, etc. etc.

I thought a etherwalk to a Anime realm with the girls would be pretty funny. The MC would be "ok I understand what's going on!" It would be a funny way to show the girls he does have some knowledge. After all a anime realm could just be another lost realm. And the girls in stereotypical Japanese school girl outfits would be hysterical.
Hm-m-m... There actually is a way this could be done with relatively little effort on my part. I'll write it down, but no promises or anything.

I do have to say this is one of my favorite games.
Thanks!

I really enjoyed my time with the game im hoping for a full working gallery on one of the next updates the game has currently about 20ish lewd events and the gallery only shows 4.
With any luck this small gallery is the first step.
While the lewd scenes are repeatable in game i much rather just check back on the gallery after i have finished them in game.
View attachment 522305
Yeah, the gallery only shows non-repeatable events for now. It is in need of a fair bit of work, create categories, pagination, all that stuff. And in addition to that there's a problem that most of my events are littered with quest references (i.e., checking on what player did or did not do before), so I often have to make a separate gallery version of the event that does not rely on this info. Or refactor the script so it won't crash when it can't get the needed info. In either case, it's additional work.

ZanithOne crash when trying to talk to Lyriel on the couch in the morning:
Yup, thanks, some other Lyriel talks also crash the game, on my list.

Can someone send me pick of Lyriel i kidna dont know who that is :/
Go back a couple of pages, I posted a freebie CG featuring her about two weeks ago.

This was a fun game right up until the "end of content" messages that weren't actually the end of content.

That's kinda confusing and i can only assume it's a hold over from previous versions that wasn't removed which would also explain why the Phone tracker was also not accurate.
Yes, I'm in the process of removing/replacing those. They worked mostly fine before I added side and group events, now those screens are a relic.

Reactions: L30

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Speaking of CGs, new set is up on Patreon, here's a sample of space force officers standing at attention with their boobs out for no good reason. Full set in 4K is here:
And another freebie pic is here:
1579513642465.png

Azzazeal

Jun 18, 2019
Thank you, will be fixing all those ASAP along with bugs and typos others found.

Your call, really, don't mind either way. I definitely would appreciate feedback, though I must say, it's very unlikely that there will be any major revisions unless I screwed up the continuity or some universal laws in a major way and didn't notice. I am not 100% happy with the way I handled this bit of story either, but I kinda never really am, workload, balancing act, etc. etc.

Hm-m-m... There actually is a way this could be done with relatively little effort on my part. I'll write it down, but no promises or anything.

Thanks!

Yeah, the gallery only shows non-repeatable events for now. It is in need of a fair bit of work, create categories, pagination, all that stuff. And in addition to that there's a problem that most of my events are littered with quest references (i.e., checking on what player did or did not do before), so I often have to make a separate gallery version of the event that does not rely on this info. Or refactor the script so it won't crash when it can't get the needed info. In either case, it's additional work.

Yup, thanks, some other Lyriel talks also crash the game, on my list.

Go back a couple of pages, I posted a freebie CG featuring her about two weeks ago.

Yes, I'm in the process of removing/replacing those. They worked mostly fine before I added side and group events, now those screens are a relic.
So she is the elf.. But can u advise me how to meet her? Or she is not in game yet?

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes