laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
Damn I thought that dinner would lead to a 4 way :mad: or did I do something wrong dont get me wrong it was nice I definitely enjoyed it, But it felt like it was leaning towards it are there different outcomes just asking.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Hi all, I've made a compressed version!

A House In The Rift [v0.3.8 Public] [Zanith] PC/Mac/Linux Compressed

Original Size - PC/Linux: 1.49 GB - Mac: 1.47 GB
Compressed - PC/Linux: 771 MB - Mac: 754 MB

Tools used: Unren v0.8 by Sam
Cruncher v0.4.1 by bas

This version is UNOFFICIAL. Lossy compression used. Compression reduces image/sound/video/animation quality and can cause the game to break, download at your own risk!

PC/Linux: |
Mac: |

Enjoy! :D

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Where is it or where can it be, you know?
You can't miss it. Just inspect the quarters first.
Damn I thought that dinner would lead to a 4 way :mad: or did I do something wrong dont get me wrong it was nice I definitely enjoyed it, But it felt like it was leaning towards it are there different outcomes just asking.
I don't think Lin is ready for that just yet.

SoulSwipre

Dec 10, 2019
Ughhhh, dying because of lack of content. *dead*
I'm only half joking. I appreciate the reasonably fast updates, but it honestly feels like drops of water in a desert. =[

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Huh, something about Cait's face there looks different, I can't quite put my finger on it but she looks a little odd, but still really good. Strange. :unsure:
Hmm... Could be the shape of her eyes. It's pretty distinctive, but when she's wide-eyed this contour changes. Other than that, don't know what could be the case.

Mm, one great failing of real-time rendering engines, they just don't do refraction properly. Normally you don't notice, but when you have a glass of liquid right up in the camera like that...
Absolutely true :( Thought about not showing the glass/wine this close, but in the end decided to go for it anyway.

I don't think Cait would exactly be scandalised by us undressing her, I mean given how many times we've joined her in the shower at this point... She's so cute with Rae when she helps her up though.
There might be some event extensions planned. :rolleyes:

While the pictures we unlock are amazing, I'm not a fan of hunting for hidden items to unlock things. especially if they only appear in one time slot! I think that definitely needs changing right away!
I kinda like it, TBH. Hidden object-style unlockables were almost as popular as the mini-quest option in the poll. I might add some hints later. And I'll update the walkthrough ASAP.

I really like Cait's breasts too, although she needs to be stroking and teasing her nipples IMO. Her trying to recapture the absolute bliss she feels when we touch her would be hot.
In this particular shot she's more like did they get bigger again?

And also I'd like to say thank you for writing those feedback posts. I really appreciate it, it's very good to know what players think about the changes, the mechanics and the general direction, wish there were more people doing this (but not knocking on those who are posting shorter feedback, it's really appreciated, too!)

Sorry that I don't reply line by line, but sometimes I don't want to spoil some upcoming things, sometimes I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull something off, and sometimes I just don't really know the answer. But I sure do take some notes ;)

I'm sure you get this a lot ZanithOne but you're really good at writing banter. I really enjoyed the dinner scene.
Thanks! It sometime can take me in unexpected direction, though. Had quite a few events that ended up not in the way I initially thought of.

How do I activate the "Full of stars" event?
You need to progress through Rae's trust route, then the dream will be unlocked in the dreamer app in the phone.

whats the apron thing with Rae?
It's the event in her trust route, and then it becomes a repeatable. Unless you're asking something else?

Not yet, at least cause
I don't think Lin is ready for that just yet.
of this :)

Ughhhh, dying because of lack of content. *dead*
I'm only half joking. I appreciate the reasonably fast updates, but it honestly feels like drops of water in a desert. =[
This was supposed to be a small intermediate update, it just got stuck in early access for two extra weeks while I've been working on v0.4.0, which adds the new girl. But I'm doing pretty well on Patreon, so I'm going to be looking into hiring/partnering with someone to get more content our faster.

SoulSwipre

Dec 10, 2019
This was supposed to be a small intermediate update, it just got stuck in early access for two extra weeks while I've been working on v0.4.0, which adds the new girl. But I'm doing pretty well on Patreon, so I'm going to be looking into hiring/partnering with someone to get more content our faster.
[/QUOTE]

=D Just the fact that you're already working on v0.4.0 is amazing news!
Also, I wrote this in the reviews but realised you can't reply on reviews.

"To author(if he or she even reads this):
I'm going through a tough patch financially, so sadly, I'm unable to support you, even though I know how important it is to this community. But I promise, when things get better, I'll definitely become a patreon.

Also, I think you should review the 1st 3 days of the story. We players, like the MC, was thrown into the story with pretty much no idea of the situation so maybe our decision making wasn't the best. The fact that Rae was desperate to get out of the house and willing to do everything was... sad. It really brings out what she probably goes through in her everyday life and how she has been living.

After the whole situation becomes clearer, I felt like a jerk for taking advantage of her during the 1st 3 days, especially since she was willing to do everything before, and she suddenly reject your advances after the story really begins.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much, because she is a succubus after all, but it just kind of bothers me. "

Now thinking back on it, I'd hate for you to waste time on reworking the 1st 3 days. So I just wanna know if you meant to do that to add a dimension into Rae's character. You're a skilled enough writer so I wouldn't be surprised, but maybe it just worked out nicely like that.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Now thinking back on it, I'd hate for you to waste time on reworking the 1st 3 days. So I just wanna know if you meant to do that to add a dimension into Rae's character. You're a skilled enough writer so I wouldn't be surprised, but maybe it just worked out nicely like that.
Oh, yes, I read your review but totally forgot to mention it in my other reply. I am going to rework the first few days in any case, the renders look much worse than what I have now, some of the writing is super sloppy, and I really want to improve on the first impressions. Bu-u-ut, yes, the dynamic with Rae, it was supposed to be like that. I do feel a bit guilty about doing this, but it was just too much fun to hit players with that "oh..." moment. That said, I will consider adding an optional dialogue where you will be able to discuss this with her after she comes out, so to speak.

Kiwo

Jul 11, 2018
Hey, the thread update year is wrong, is saying:
Thread Updated: 2019-01-17
Release Date: 2019-01-17

SoulSwipre

Dec 10, 2019
Oh, yes, I read your review but totally forgot to mention it in my other reply. I am going to rework the first few days in any case, the renders look much worse than what I have now, some of the writing is super sloppy, and I really want to improve on the first impressions. Bu-u-ut, yes, the dynamic with Rae, it was supposed to be like that. I do feel a bit guilty about doing this, but it was just too much fun to hit players with that "oh..." moment. That said, I will consider adding an optional dialogue where you will be able to discuss this with her after she comes out, so to speak.
Evil. But meh, I'll forgive you since you made this amazing game. I guess it'll be nice to talk to Rae about this, even though it means it'll take more time for content. Hahaha!

Jun 22, 2017
#2 is another early/missable scene, ask her for a BJ in the attic while she still thinks you're a mage
#4 happens during the downstairs bathroom unlock just play it cool to fuck that friend of your sister
Hmm... strange.... I remember doing both of those acts in the game?
I guess they did not unlock? or perhaps you would have to re-do them during one of the games updates for them to be shown in the gallery?

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes