Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
I don't know what the plans are for future content but I'm hoping to get more shower scenes. We haven't seen Rae in the shower yet, and Naomi did promise a show when she liked MC better. :love:
Definitely need some shower scenes. Right now daytime is deadtime. Sure, you can feed Rae ice cream and share breakfast with her, but that gets you bupkus. And you can occasionally split a bottle of hootch with Naomi, but that likewise gets you nothing. Geez, you can't even cuddle with either of them while watching television.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
That would be the one I guess. While it makes sense once she realises the truth (or finally accepts the truth - I didn't try to pretend), I too liked her better beforehand. When she actually went so far as threatening MC, I wanted to remind her that even if he's not an omnipotent mage, she tried using her powers against him once before and it didn't work out too well. Without her powers and with her slight frame, she isn't doing shit to him.
We-e-e-e-ell... But I agree, there should be more possible responses, even if it's just a line or two of dialogue.

Definitely need some shower scenes. Right now daytime is deadtime. Sure, you can feed Rae ice cream and share breakfast with her, but that gets you bupkus. And you can occasionally split a bottle of hootch with Naomi, but that likewise gets you nothing. Geez, you can't even cuddle with either of them while watching television.
There were supposed to be repeatable shower scenes, but this release came out all sorts of wrong. I probably won't change much in this one now, but in the next one, the house itself is the priority.

I beat her in 0.2.2, I wouldn't mind an ironman mode. I liked the challenge.
If at all possible, I'll provide the option. Can't promise much in terms of extra content, but a special CG or two, definitely.

Reactions: Iroald

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
Our game's developer is to be commended for coming to the rescue on short notice with v0.2.2's problems, not only resulting in a fix, but a fix for the fix.

Slow down, take your time, better to do a job right the first time than having to come back and do the job all over again. Work smart, not hard.

Again, a pat on the back for our developer and his baby.

ailemma

Oct 10, 2017
In your case, you just need to build up relationship with her. Check your smartphone app, you must get max progress on stage 2 to get to a sex scene on the bridge. Just interact with Rae a bit, have breakfast with her, watch TV, find her an ice cream or two.
I'm stuck here as well, no matter what I do, I can't make any progress in stage 2.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
But I agree, there should be more possible responses, even if it's just a line or two of dialogue.
That sounds good. It was just kind of annoying, you know? I'd been nothing but nice to her, then suddenly she's being really bitchy as if it was my fault she hadn't been listening to me.
And speaking of extra lines of dialogue, one that I would love to see is when she says she won't be calling MC "master" anymore I wanted to flirt with her: "Too bad, I kind of liked it ;)."
I know you can't add in every possible response people would like to give, but I can dream.

Another thing I'm curious about is if there are going to be any more main girls, how that is going to work. MC pulls in any more like he did Naomi, Rae is going to be pissed, and with good reason this time. (That does make me think of another line of dialogue though; after pulling Naomi in: "You taught me how to bring things here; how about teaching me how not to do that?")

mnru

Apr 15, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While processing text tag {color=#a11]Relationship progress too low{/color} in u'{color=#a11]Relationship progress too low{/color}'.:
Exception: Color string u'a11]Relationship progress too low{/color' must be 3, 4, 6, or 8 hex digits long.
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "model/navigation/navigator.rpyc", line 62, in script call
File "scripts/house/second_floor/sf_mc_room.rpyc", line 99, in script call
File "model/quests/intro_quests/next_step/next_step_combat_easy_mode.rpyc", line 529, in script call
File "model/quests/intro_quests/next_step/next_step_combat_easy_mode.rpyc", line 715, in script
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 694, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1322, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1127, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1989, in render
virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 590, in __init__
self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1096, in segment
push().color = renpy.easy.color(value)
File "D:\2\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\AHouseintheRift-0.2.3-pc\renpy\color.py", line 158, in __new__
raise Exception("Color string {!r} must be 3, 4, 6, or 8 hex digits long.".format(c))
Exception: Color string u'a11]Relationship progress too low{/color' must be 3, 4, 6, or 8 hex digits long.
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
A House in the Rift 0.2.3
Thu Jun 20 02:11:24 2019

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I'm stuck here as well, no matter what I do, I can't make any progress in stage 2.
If you spend time with Rae and nothing changes, please send me the save, I'll take a look.

I'd been nothing but nice to her, then suddenly she's being really bitchy as if it was my fault she hadn't been listening to me.
<...>
Another thing I'm curious about is if there are going to be any more main girls, how that is going to work.
Let's say she has her reasons, be those fair or not. But I'm not going to spoil the story just yet ;) Same goes for the other girls.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While processing text tag {color=#a11]Relationship progress too low{/color} in u'{color=#a11]Relationship progress too low{/color}'.:
Please download the latest version with the fix, links in the master post are updated.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Let's say she has her reasons, be those fair or not. But I'm not going to spoil the story just yet ;) Same goes for the other girls.
Maybe she'll be more sympathetic later, but right now it feels like a bait-and-switch. You're starting to like her and then she changes. I'm probably more annoyed than most because I like the games where through no fault of their own the player acquires a sub/slave and has to decide how to treat her, and she gave off those vibes at first. I don't hate her after the change or anything, but when something you like changes it's disappointing.
And I'm not fishing for spoilers about how introducing future girls will work, just saying I'm curious and looking forward to finding out.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
State of the game post is up!

Hope it addresses most of your concerns, folks.
Hopefully "Decouple girl routes from each other" doesn't rule out the girls making friends with each other or threesomes, both of which are things I think most would like to see.
Also, a suggestion regarding the patreon; a walkthrough is a fairly basic thing to assign to the higher tiers, normally devs have those as one of the lower tier rewards.

Yanagi-san

Jun 20, 2019
But there is a cheat for health or stamina?
Or does anyone have save?

Last edited:

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hopefully "Decouple girl routes from each other" doesn't rule out the girls making friends with each other or threesomes, both of which are things I think most would like to see.
Also, a suggestion regarding the patreon; a walkthrough is a fairly basic thing to assign to the higher tiers, normally devs have those as one of the lower tier rewards.
Take a look at the "ideal" chart, I tucked a "crossover event" block in there for a reason ;)
And about the walkthrough, after v0.3 the primary progression route should become much clearer, so the walkthrough would be mostly about how to get to the secret scenes and alternative routes, and I think it's fair to offer this sort of thing to higher tiers.

I'm tired of fighting her...all to no avail
Are you playing the 0.2.3 version? The fight in it should be much easier. Take a look at this post https://f95zone.to/threads/a-house-in-the-rift-v0-2-3-public-zanith.29627/post-2036823
The combo list is much smaller now, but the attack/defense table is the same, it should be enough to get you through the sequence.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes