Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Hmm... I don't really have the scenes completely laid out yet, and wouldn't want to completely spoil them anyway. You know what, let's do a few introductory lines for each one, just enough to indicate the general idea.
  1. Rae: I've brought a new plaything for us, Master. She's still shy and inexperienced, but I'm most certain we will have lots of fun together. Aren't we, young lady?
    Girl: Y-yes, mistress.
    Rae: Good, shall I start, Master? Or would you rather inspect her while I bring up the implements?

2. Rina: Oh, Yourname-Kun, you're here already. This is... I can explain...
    Ayumi: Ufufu, you didn't tell me he was this cute, Rina-chan.

3. Alia: Thank you for your patronage, amir and amira. This next dance is called Ouled Naïl, your humble servant hopes it will entertain you.
    Naomi: Enjoying the evening so far? When I was asking around, they told me she has the best moves. And I'm not only talking about dances.
Well, not wanting to spoil them is understandable, but having a rough idea of what they're about is important if we're voting on them. Are Rae's "implements" whips, or vibrators, for example? As much as I miss Rae calling us "Master", I'm not really into S&M. Watching a girl cum herself stupid, however, is one of my favourite things.
I think what's important is what kind of fetish content they have; having a fetish you're not into sprung on you is unpleasant, especially if you voted for it. I can see people getting upset about that.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Well, not wanting to spoil them is understandable, but having a rough idea of what they're about is important if we're voting on them. Are Rae's "implements" whips, or vibrators, for example? As much as I miss Rae calling us "Master", I'm not really into S&M. Watching a girl cum herself stupid, however, is one of my favourite things.
I think what's important is what kind of fetish content they have; having a fetish you're not into sprung on you is unpleasant, especially if you voted for it. I can see people getting upset about that.
I think the picture is telling enough that the scene would have some SM themes in it. But I'm not doing any hardcore stuff without warning, so in this case, restraints, some light spanking, a bit of orgasm denial or forced orgasm, maybe nipple clamps at most.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think the picture is telling enough that the scene would have some SM themes in it. But I'm not doing any hardcore stuff without warning, so in this case, restraints, some light spanking, a bit of orgasm denial or forced orgasm, maybe nipple clamps at most.
It certainly suggests it, it's how hardcore it'll get that I was concerned about. It looks like that one is going to win anyway regardless of how I vote, and it sounds fun so I certainly don't mind. I'm curious about the slutty-looking girl with Rina as well though, will she be appearing later even if her scene doesn't win?

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I'm curious about the slutty-looking girl with Rina as well though, will she be appearing later even if her scene doesn't win?
I sure hope so, or all the work I've put into her is for nothing. :cautious: I have plans to develop Rina's story more, but it all depends on what you guys want. At the very least, I think I could do a couple of CG sets with her.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I sure hope so, or all the work I've put into her is for nothing. :cautious: I have plans to develop Rina's story more, but it all depends on what you guys want. At the very least, I think I could do a couple of CG sets with her.
Well I want to see her at least. A surprising amount, actually - despite the scene with Rae hitting so many of my buttons (I've missed her calling us Master ever since she stopped, I find pets with their own pets extremely hot, I like redheads, the prospect of orgasm control play, etc.) I'm still sad that the scene with her and Rina is doing so poorly in the poll. Maybe I should use my custom image reward to get a picture of her.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Another survey is up on Patreon. This time the question is, how should the sex scenes be done? Do you want direct control? POV-only camera? Lots of dirty talk?

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
CG poll is up on Patreon. We are deciding on what kind of weekly CG sets my patrons want to see more of.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
when will a new version come out?
v0.3.0 alpha is already live for $30+ patrons, beta version is coming this weekend, and free version a week after that. I'm going to post a bit more info later today or tomorrow, along with poll notification.

Reactions: vinicin

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
So, poll notification. This is an open poll on general visual presentation, but I will be separating patron/non-patron votes in the end.

And as promised, a bit more info. The v0.3.0 is done as of right now. Progression system is completely rebuilt in this version, it now features a number of independent story branches. You can completely ignore certain girls' routes if you don't want to pursue those. There's way less grind and gating (but I just can't live without it, so there is some). And there's a new hint system. All this is coming to beta ($5+ patrons) this weekend. Free version will probably drop on the first of September, cause free release usually means new patrons, and I don't want people being double-charged for the last day of the month.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

Hey folks!

Quick heads-up for you. Beta version is now live and the links are in the previous post. V0.3.1 alpha is not coming today (man, do I love missing deadlines), I messed up a couple of animations, had to recapture and reencode those, and ran out of time. Also still finding new bugs, but that’s a given for a big rework.
No CG set today, sorry, just no time for that. Custom CGs are coming a bit later this week for those of you who sent me your requests.

Next beta (v0.3.1) should be out next weekend, hopefully with 0.3.2 alpha in tow, with more events, and v0.3.0 will go public. Planning to do another big state of the game post right after that. That’s more or less everything I have to share with you today, now back to rendering stuff.

Cheers!

Reactions: Raksha17

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
v0.3.0 is now open for everyone and available at
There are also v0.3.1 - - and v0.3.2 - - available for patrons. Thread update imminent.

Reactions: jamdan and HorizonD

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I assume this got fixed in one of the later updates, but old saves dont work
Saves from v0.2 won't work in the v0.3 at all. The progression system changed completely, there was no way to retain compatibility. It should've shown a nice "save incompatible" screen, though. I'll look into that.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
ZanithOne FYI.. when building a pc version with Ren'Py SDK, the PC version also adds the linux folders to the /lib folder and an .sh into the main folder so Linux recognizes that as the exe for Ren'Py.
Promoted update so now it should show in the Latest Updates.

Glasspie

Feb 4, 2019
After starting a new game with the new progression system I'm also having a problem progressing through the main story as others have. Cannot seem to talk to Rae in the evening as she only seems interested in fashion magazines.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes