Trollolol

Apr 6, 2018
Been a while but great to see more of this one! One of my personal favorites on here shows a lot of promise. Full rework of the systems huh? I see why it took a bit of time kind of sad I have to restart but oh well, worth it here we go.

Shoreline19

Jun 6, 2019
After starting a new game with the new progression system I'm also having a problem progressing through the main story as others have. Cannot seem to talk to Rae in the evening as she only seems interested in fashion magazines.
Same here. I have played for days (game time) and everytime I talke with Rae it has nothing to do with advancing the story with "what's next".

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Looks good, I'll second the request for a Scene Gallery. Also hoping the MC gets some more character paths besides pushover harem protagonist.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I've added hotfix as a separate download to the master post. Here's the link just in case: If you have v0.3.0, you can just download this small archive and extract it into the game folder.

Same here. I have played for days (game time) and everytime I talke with Rae it has nothing to do with advancing the story with "what's next".
Please download the latest hotfix and apply it to your version, or download the hotfixed version. Then just load the game and it should be fixed.

Looks good, I'll second the request for a Scene Gallery. Also hoping the MC gets some more character paths besides pushover harem protagonist.
With the way I'm making content right now alternative character paths are not very viable, unfortunately. I'm trying to add player agency whenever I can, but it's still going to be more or less a classic harem thing.

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
Well, the old saves don't work, so I had to start all over again, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, it's not like we were up to Episode 17 or anything like that yet. Plus, starting over from scratch refamiliarizes me with the game. And a most interesting concept the game is - it's not your usual boy comes home and fucks mom, sis, aunt(s), cousins, and any other female within an arm's length. Solvalley School, Summertime Saga or Man of the House this game isn't.

And the dream fight dreams are now optional. Yay!

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
Yay! Last time it was a royal pain in the ass. As long as declining the option doesn't adversely affect the game, I'll choose not to fight.
The fight was easy to be honest. Her movement is predictable and the options "construction" changes which indicate on which option you should choose. For example, "Jump Back" instead of "Jump Behind", "Jump to Side" instead of "Move to side" and/or "Block Attack" instead of "TRY to Block" (can't remember the exact sentences but you get the point). Remember, 3 defense options first before using your best attack.

Reactions: B2B2 and bigboii

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Nice to see advancement with the story. New magician girl was cute.

I didn't see fights in this version at all. Is it removed from this version or did I just took another path this time?
I enjoyed fights until opponents started using same attacks 2-3 times in a row and I could use good defence against those only once. So that could have been fixed easily by giving us some more room to maneuver (jumping back twice in a row) or restricting opponents choices a bit.

Anyway, good luck with the project. One of the more interesting stories out here.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I didn't see fights in this version at all. Is it removed from this version or did I just took another path this time?
I enjoyed fights until opponents started using same attacks 2-3 times in a row and I could use good defence against those only once. So that could have been fixed easily by giving us some more room to maneuver (jumping back twice in a row) or restricting opponents choices a bit.
The fights are in the Rae's main branch, you are forced into one, and then can revisit until you've won. The system was changed in v0.2.3, by the way, there are only three attacks in a combo now, and it all is much easier.

But the same-attack-in-a-row thing was intentional, actually. I still have my original fight system calculation table somewhere, it was possible to get away with no health loss at all from all but one combos, IIRC. The trick was to keep the best defense for the last attack and have some advantage carry over from the first two defenses. But in the hindsight, it was just too much for a game like that.

Anyway, good luck with the project. One of the more interesting stories out here.
Thank you! :D

Reactions: Canto Forte

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
I forgot to mention one typo I saw. Certain.. And perhaps "want to engage" instead of just "want engage".

Azraesha
I emanate a cerain aura, if you will. And this aura makes people want
engage in certain pleasures.

Reactions: ZanithOne

BayJay47

Jun 9, 2018
Sorry to bother you again, guys, but I'm quite bummed by the fact that I can't figure out what caused the problem. If you have earlier saves (ideally, before activating this quest) and could tell me what you did so I can reproduce the problem, it would be great.
Just to clarify, I see the problem in the saves you already provided, there's a quest trigger missing, I just can't figure out why it wasn't added or why it was removed before activating.
First off, thanks for your response! I fell asleep soon after (asdflkj; hurricane messing everything up)

Here's a few of my saves. I don't know if any of this helps, but I'm happy to lend a hand.

ACP

Apr 18, 2017
Started playing this for the first time last night around 11pm. Big Mistake :D. Finally got to sleep around 3:45AM when I ran out of content. I just love the story and the characters are written delightfully.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
how do you meditate/ train with the girls?
You meditate either in mc bedroom via clicking the bed and selecting meditate or visiting rea in her room in the attic when she is there by selecting train focus, to train with caitline speak with her in the library, I'm not sure about naomi I never trained with her, except for one story even where you meet her in the attic training in the morning.

JohnnyBigHead

Oct 13, 2018
Is it just me, or there are some scenes missing from 2.0? I remember a scene with the blue-haired girl (forgot her name) as well as a dream sequence with naomi in the last version that I wasn't able to find in this one.

Deit1

Jul 7, 2017
About the fight, it is pretty easy since we use Ren'py lol. You could just "scroll" back to your last decision and just see what the best combo is. So yeah I did all of them on the first try like that. Can't imagine how much it would've annoyed me if that wasn't possible. I also hate it when a dev removes the ability to do that. Just let people choose if they want to force themselves through something they don't like or just let them cheese it like that lol. Thank you for not removing the scroll back option. I would've just let the game fall if you did.

Kiwo

Jul 11, 2018
Still fantastic, and the animations are just perfect smooth, clean, still waiting for more updates, keep up the nice work.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes