wulfy1

Aug 27, 2017
I did say he doesn't need to be Super Alpha. He just needs more of a personality other than, "Yes honey you can do whatever you like, say could I watch? No? Okay then no problem. What's that? You wanna bang Alice now too? Well Can I have Lyida for the night then? No. Okay honey no worries I don't have testicles or a personality so I'll just let you make all the decisions."
Sorry man that's not a very convincing Knight at all. This guy has less personality than Ned Starke. It's too much and I'm not saying it's irredeemable or he can't love his wifes tremendously. Instead just show his thoughts sometimes other than compliance. Maybe have him stand up to her once in a while. "No Honey, if this is going to work and I'm going to start Sharing Alice then for an EQUAL partnership is time you start sharing Lyida." We just want anything that shows he's his own person because right now he doesn't feel like one.
Fair points. Someone just pointed point that I am reading too much into the character, and I am guilty of that, for sure. I had to go back and read lots of posts about the MC and people's complaints about him. They are right, when I think about him without my own added dimensionality.

Reactions: Ranting Old Man

matsomatso

Jul 29, 2019
I am guilty of reading personalities into characters . . .
I do that a LOT! I sometimes find myself paused on a single render for a long time, imagining many lines of dialog that COULD have been written. I feel like that might be the hallmark of a good character concept, but poor character development.

In any event, I often have the script files open in a text editor, whenever I play a game coded in Ren'Py :)
It makes me feel better to have the characters ACTUALLY say the things I think they SHOULD say!
hahaha

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
He is right (the dude you are talking), but in the end, the game is more like a fantasy setting than a medieval, they have threesomes in that time or multiple relationships? Yes, they have, but in that time, woman even a lady, don't go telling the husband what to do, even more a knight, the game is set in e medieval timeline, at that time, woman are treated like possession, not someone who think freely.
Sorry, but you have the heard the phrase behind every great man lies an even greater woman? This is actually indedibly true throughout the relationships, cultures and the world. Also actually factually well known that many a great king in medieval times was advised by his wife as they were the voice of reason and not duh bash/kill shit (we're talking women of noblity, not commoners from the street).

If going to try and counter-argue, at least do so with facts please.

For all other comments, please play the devs last game. There is nothing complex here, won't be. Simple fun love story with multiple people. We know from what has happened so far that Lydia at some point will sleep with the MC, will probably have a threesome with MC/Cathy...possibly even a foursome with Alice involved. Everyone will be happy after after...that's what this dev does. Move on now if that's a problem are you're insecure with your wife deflowering a (minor) LI before you do.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sorry, but you have the heard the phrase behind every great man lies a greatet woman? Also actually factually well known that many a great king in medievil times was advised by his wife as they were the voice of reason.

if going to try and counter-argue, at least do so with facts please.
Henry VIII? Though you are right even then a smart guy listened to his wive if she had brains. Their legal position was pretty bad and their official rights almost none unless they had family that were prepared to force those rights by violence that they had not in any other way.

Reactions: AlexTorch

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Sorry, but you have the heard the phrase behind every great man lies an even greater woman? This is actually indedibly true throughout the relationships, cultures and the world. Also actually factually well known that many a great king in medieval times was advised by his wife as they were the voice of reason and not duh bash/kill shit (we're talking women of noblity, not commoners from the street).

If going to try and counter-argue, at least do so with facts please.

For all other comments, please play the devs last game. There is nothing complex here, won't be. Simple fun love story with multiple people. We know from what has happened so far that Lydia at some point will sleep with the MC, will probably have a threesome with MC/Cathy...possibly even a foursome with Alice involved. Everyone will be happy after after...that's what this dev does. Move on now if that's a problem are you're insecure with your wife deflowering a (minor) LI before you do.
You said absolute right, some of them was ADVISED, not ruled, also that was rare, most of royality have male advisors. A royal female yes, have really high regard, even more if is queen, but you never hear a king saying "yes my love" and beggin a war because of the queen said so. Our problem is not about Cathy fucking the girl, is the mc being a empty shell, what kind of lord is that?

wulfy1

Aug 27, 2017
In any event, I often have the script files open in a text editor, whenever I play a game coded in Ren'Py :)
It makes me feel better to have the characters ACTUALLY say the things I think they SHOULD say!
hahaha
LOL wow, now that is gaming dedication!

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I really liked this game and ALL of the characters.

But after the last few updates .... yeah, somebody mentioned groundhog day.
Characters and relationship building are important and I don't like games without it.

But there is really no story progressing in the latest updates.
Deflowering Lydia with the wooden strapon ... not really my choice, but it can lead to some nice lesbian/threesome scenes.
But that was too easy, even if she is a submissive girl.

I hope there will be more story telling in the next updates.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Refusing to go along someone else's path, just because it was not your idea does not make you alpha, it makes you a narcissist. Seeing the benefit of allowing someone else to drive the car for a while, and arriving at the same destination in the end does not make you less of a man. Now, I will say that if you let someone take control and you end up face down with a strap-on tickling your colon (unless you're into that or something) because you do not know when to take the wheel back, your man-card is probably expired.
You mentioned you often project a lot of personality into characters that may or may not be intended by the author. You seem to do that here as well. Never once did I say anything about rejecting any ideas because they didn't originate with MC. Repeatedly I have stated it feels the MC is beta because he simply follows along agreeing with anyone and everyone who makes a decision around him, and never makes any decisions himself. There is a huge difference between wishing the MC actually drove some of the plot and having whatever plot exists simply push the MC as it happens around him. I don't need him to make every decision, forcing his will on all around, but right now, that person is certainly Cathy.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
you never hear a king saying "yes my love"
I'm not getting in between you guys, but consider what you just said. :unsure:

What was said was said in the privacy of their room / castle / apartment. So you would actually still never hear him say it.

wulfy1

Aug 27, 2017
You mentioned you often project a lot of personality into characters that may or may not be intended by the author. You seem to do that here as well. Never once did I say anything about rejecting any ideas because they didn't originate with MC. Repeatedly I have stated it feels the MC is beta because he simply follows along agreeing with anyone and everyone who makes a decision around him, and never makes any decisions himself. There is a huge difference between wishing the MC actually drove some of the plot and having whatever plot exists simply push the MC as it happens around him. I don't need him to make every decision, forcing his will on all around, but right now, that person is certainly Cathy.
A prime example that proves your point is when the younger knight challenges him to join in the tourney. The player is not even given a choice to take up the challenge. That bugged me because I really wanted to throat punch him when he opened his mouth at first lol. I agree with your point a lot more than I did when i wrote my initial statements. I had not considered that I was looking at the MC as more of a decision maker, based off of my personality, rather than his own. The writer's mould for the character is much more important than my impression of the character, since my impression is colored by my own personality but the character, as it is written, is boxed into way too much complicity rather than initiative. I know I keep going on about this but it surprises me that I did not see it this way before. I really put more of my imagination into this character than is actually there. Unfortunately the dialogues are written in a way that greatly limits the character's scope. I generally choose the "nice but strong" options in games, when they are available, but looking back there are no "strong" options at all. I know its my fault for not really looking at it more closely, but I feel like I was lulled lol. Its actually kind of irritating how little the player is allowed to exert their will through the MC. In a way it makes me admire the author because they (intentionally or not) duped me into thinking that I was making these things happen, when I actually had no real input. I guess more accurately I duped myself.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I'm not getting in between you guys, but consider what you just said. :unsure:

What was said was said in the privacy of their room / castle / apartment. So you would actually still never hear him say it.
In the history, yes, but studing the mentality of men in the medieval times, is a woman, don't matter the social class of time, will never tell a man "do this", unless if was a noble to a peasant, the same social class at that time, a woman will lever tell a man what to do. But in the game, the mc is nothing, and since WE are him, we can judge the way of his acts, and boy, that was never a way of a lord act, the most historically correct guy from that time was the new king.

Reactions: Ranting Old Man

matsomatso

Jul 29, 2019
the dialogues are written in a way that greatly limits the character's scope.
This is common for most VNs. Which is why efficient economy of words is so critical (and unfortunately, very rare).

Accurate descriptions WITHOUT economy of words usually end up as a "wall of text".

rbs305

Jun 17, 2020
Since so many here are pissed off about Cathy fucking Lydia with a strap-on that the next update should feature MC getting pegged by Emma.

• Angry
Reactions: HoboCop86
2.90 star(s) 97 Votes