Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Quickly question.
What's special about the special edition?

Asking as I'm playing in android so no SE.

Animoo

Mar 26, 2020
Yes the SE adds a bunch of additional images, usually all part of a couple different scenes. AFAIK if you're resuming a save you'll get the missing image errors if you attempt to play said scenes without the SE version installed. You can safely ignore the errors, but you just don't get to see the scene. AFAIK they are all lewd scenes.

So if you last played v0.13SE and tried to play v0.14, you'll get those errors. Not sure how it works if you never touched the SE versions or are starting new.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
Yes the SE adds a bunch of additional images, usually all part of a couple different scenes. AFAIK if you're resuming a save you'll get the missing image errors if you attempt to play said scenes without the SE version installed. You can safely ignore the errors, but you just don't get to see the scene. AFAIK they are all lewd scenes.

So if you last played v0.13SE and tried to play v0.14, you'll get those errors. Not sure how it works if you never touched the SE versions or are starting new.
The game needs to be started on the special edition to have access to the scenes, which version the saves were made on don't matter as long as it was started on the special edition. If you don't have access to the scenes there are variations that result in less content or, depending on the scene, less options.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Thanks for the info.
I was hoping to play on Android but the perv in me prevails.
I will start on V0.13SE and finish that before updating to V0.14

Last edited:

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I don't know what the dev has in mind. Of course we can all hope for a harem ending although there is no harem tag on this game.
Being complete honest, i wish first that we can have multiple choices of personality for the mc, one where "he is the way that he is now" and another where he can express more, and not being this shallow, but being complete honest, the way that is now, i really doubt that, and since the dev don't give a fuck of what the people think, i belive the end of the game will be cathy telling everyone of what to do, maybe alice pregnant, and that she will have lydia all by herself (not sharing with the mc, because after the child, she will kinda forget about the mc and only love lydia), and maybe fucking alice too, and the mc will have alice and somentimes (rarely) cathy.

• Angry
Reactions: Bakkalon

Bisqui

Apr 17, 2019
Hi all,
I can't load my save. I got :
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 203, in script call
    call _load_reload_game from _call__load_reload_game_1
  File "renpy/common/00keymap.rpy", line 446, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/00keymap.rpy", line 446, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/00keymap.rpy", line 456, in _execute_python_hide
    renpy.load("_reload-2")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python hide:
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    python hide:
    renpy.load("_reload-2")
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\loadsave.py", line 728, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\python.py", line 1867, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\python.py", line 1696, in rollback
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
A knight`s tale 0.14
Tue Oct 13 15:38:00 2020
Any idea? Tanks in advance

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Hi all,
I can't load my save. I got :
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    python hide:
    python hide:
    renpy.load("_reload-2")

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python hide:
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    python hide:
    renpy.load("_reload-2")
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\loadsave.py", line 728, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\python.py", line 1867, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "E:\A Knight Stale\renpy\python.py", line 1696, in rollback
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
A knight`s tale 0.14
Tue Oct 13 15:38:00 2020
Any idea? Tanks in advance
The game's script changed and it ended up breaking your save. Most likely, your save was on 0.13SE but 0.14 doesn't have the SE content. You just have to start over or wait for the SE version to be added to this thread.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Tomoto

Jul 16, 2017
Here you go again!

v13 to v14SE (For the people who did not download 14 and waited for the SE)

v14 to v14SE (For the people who downloaded the base 14 version)

Extract where the exe for the game is and replace when asked.

Have a nice day!

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Here you go again!

v13 to v14SE (For the people who did not download 14 and waited for the SE)
Mega

v14 to v14SE (For the people who downloaded the base 14 version)
Mega

Extract where the exe for the game is and replace when asked.

Have a nice day!
You are a hero! Thank you

Edited: doh got so happy forgot to thank AceOfNiagara! Thank you :)

Bond0788

Apr 28, 2020
Honestly, as much as I am liking the game, I am disappointed that the MC has not been given the opportunity to go further with Lydia. Not that I mind introducing the wooden toy, I would have thought it would be the MC teaching her (unless this is Cathy's way of training her to get her ready for MC) but I would of liked a conversational nugget between MC and Cathy about that. I know it's more realistic that some girls practice with toys, that's not what gets me and I know it's now known that Lydia is submissive when it comes to bedtime antics, but I almost would have liked for Lydia to come up and say "I would much rather have the Lord be my first instead of a fake cock" simply because we know she likes the MC and she was staring at his cock in the bathroom at the beginning of the update before Alice arrived.

This is my 2-cents, but thought I would offer my thoughts because I am part of the Lydia fan club and would love to see her and MC together at some point. (Maybe when Cathy and Alice have a night alone is when Lydia and MC will get their first time, but that is me being hopeful at this point given where the story is right now)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Honestly, as much as I am liking the game, I am disappointed that the MC has not been given the opportunity to go further with Lydia. Not that I mind introducing the wooden toy, I would have thought it would be the MC teaching her (unless this is Cathy's way of training her to get her ready for MC) but I would of liked a conversational nugget between MC and Cathy about that. I know it's more realistic that some girls practice with toys, that's not what gets me and I know it's now known that Lydia is submissive when it comes to bedtime antics, but I almost would have liked for Lydia to come up and say "I would much rather have the Lord be my first instead of a fake cock" simply because we know she likes the MC and she was staring at his cock in the bathroom at the beginning of the update before Alice arrived.

This is my 2-cents, but thought I would offer my thoughts because I am part of the Lydia fan club and would love to see her and MC together at some point. (Maybe when Cathy and Alice have a night alone is when Lydia and MC will get their first time, but that is me being hopeful at this point given where the story is right now)
Yeah, I'm with you there. I was a touch peeved that all the Lydia content is with Cathy and that there's no Lydia-MC content.

I would also prefer some more balance with the characters. I feel that the game is breaking into pretty much just MC-Alice and Lydia-Cathy.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018

Well, they haven't had a conversation about the MC and Lydia having fun with each other, or at least none that was meaningful, and it just doesn't fit her character to initiate things when the two are at this level of interaction. And I have no doubt that the MC will sleep with her eventually, if Cathy doesn't push them into it, Alice will.

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes