theola

Dec 21, 2019
It's pretty fucking obvious by now, after several months of this, that it's not going to be what you want so either accept it or move on.

I still fail to see how fucking 3 women makes him a simp (people keep throwing that word around out of context, he hasn't changed his behaviour for anyone).

I also fail to see how his position as a knight would have any bearing on his position in the bedroom. He isn't going to wear full armour to bed and cuddle a fucking Claymore.

Considering knights are portrayed as humble, respectful and gentlemanly towards women I still don't see what it is you are asking for, that's exactly how he is.

The only difference between knights and common folk is the amount of money they have and the big fucking armour they wear.

The first game was also vanilla, that's what they make, vanilla romance games.

First, I've played plenty female prog. games and I find them quite enjoyable.

But my point is, the game's title and info can be considered MISLEADING because it was supposed to be focused on A Knight and not his wife.
Majority of the game's content was clearly focused on the wife.

While I enjoyed the Dev's previous game, the current one is doing a very bad job at focusing on what exactly the game was all about.

theola

Dec 21, 2019
are you okay friendo?
so being in a agreement with someone means you "take a overly passive backseat" ....have you tried using your brain lately?or did you gave up?
What do you mean being in agreement? More like a compensation for leaving her to do whatever she wants.

And even if that's true, so, the opposite of not "being in agreement" in your small world is "rape"..you are surely using that "brain" of yours. Lol..

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
First, I've played plenty female prog. games and I find them quite enjoyable.

But my point is, the game's title and info can be considered MISLEADING because it was supposed to be focused on A Knight and not his wife.
Majority of the game's content was clearly focused on the wife.

While I enjoyed the Dev's previous game, the current one is doing a very bad job at focusing on what exactly the game was all about.
There is nothing misleading about this. It's a love story and not all love stories fit your misogynistic outdated views of what you think love should be.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Updated my Gallery mod for A Knights Tale by Neverlucky : Here or

If you like the game/Mod please consider supporting the dev : Neverlucky

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
If I hated a vn the last thing I would do is visit it's thread daily or set it to a "watched" thread.

Saying someone is not a man because of some reason is laughable if it wasn't so sexist and pathetic. Same with saying a woman that uses certain sexual toys isn't a woman.

The parents of these sad trolls or atleast whoever collected the foster check really failed teaching some fundamental truths. And that is a pity for the world over.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Dev really blew it with that strap-on. I didn't think he'd go there this time round given the time period but regardless, it doesn't suit her character at all. Are we now to believe she has gender issues? Nothing womanly about wearing that fake cock at all, and we all know where it's going next.
I don't really care about the strap-on itself one way or the other. I have no issue with Cathy being an active bi with a healthy sexual appetite. I quite enjoy that in fact. I do have an issue with the MC being another character's yes-man instead of being the ACTUAL PROTAGONIST OF THE GAME. I also have something of an issue with some players here assuming anyone who doesn't agree with them in every way is a sexist or misogynist. I also find it ironic that the type of relationship they revile, the type they assume anyone who disagrees with them supports, is only different from the one in this story because it's gender-flipped.

MC and Cathy have an equal relationship? Would they say a relationship is equal if the male makes every decision, or pushes his wife into an extramarital affair so that he has an excuse to have one of his own? I kind of doubt it...

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
MC and Cathy have an equal relationship? Would they say a relationship is equal if the male makes every decision, or pushes his wife into an extramarital affair so that he has an excuse to have one of his own? I kind of doubt it...
Sure, it is still equal if you replace the word "pushes" with the phrase "enthusiastically supports" which is what actually happens in this story. Go back and look. You have the game right? Quote the line or lines from A Knight's Tale that show Cathy "pushing" the MC. I looked and I can't find it. Please quote it for us.

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I was originally just checking this out to see if I wanted to play it until I witnessed an absolute shitstorm going on. From what I gather the mc is a laid back dude who is having sex with multiple women and the wife wants to fuck other women in the harem with a strap on? Normally I'd just say I don't like harem sharing so I'll leave and be done with it but I think I'll add for good measure:

If you are threatened by a story of a husband and wife, where they both have an equal role in their own pleasure with each others enthusiastic permission, than yes, you are a misogynist. That is the definition.
I'm not sure where the dude expressed feeling threatened, but if he feels that way why attack him on his opinion? Let him express it so a dev can see what the audience thinks of his game.

Do not attack people for not wanting to watch a love interest fuck other people.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Do not attack people for not wanting to watch a love interest fuck other people.
That is a fair point. I removed the comment. I still think there is a difference between just not wanting to watch something because it is not your preference, which is totally fine, and to feel threatened, which means it clashes with your world view, and its very existence bothers you. But, that is fine. Obviously I am not going to change any opinions.

Plain as day she's pushing him. I can quote plenty. In the last update she even pushes him to fuck Lydia. Again calling him "doofus".
Haha. Alright, alright. I guess we will agree to disagree on this point. I don't see Cathy as pushing the MC anywhere he doesn't already want to go. He is loyal to Cathy and just needs to know that she is happy if he acts on his impulses with Alice. I saw the "doofus" remark as playfully telling the MC that it is obvious to her that the MC and Alice have feelings for each other, and they should stop trying to resist or hide it.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I was originally just checking this out to see if I wanted to play it until I witnessed an absolute shitstorm going on. From what I gather the mc is a laid back dude who is having sex with multiple women and the wife wants to fuck other women in the harem with a strap on? Normally I'd just say I don't like harem sharing so I'll leave and be done with it but I think I'll add for good measure:

I'm not sure where the dude expressed feeling threatened, but if he feels that way why attack him on his opinion? Let him express it so a dev can see what the audience thinks of his game.

I find it is Never a good idea to base opinions on a vn by other's comments of the vn. Especially comments steeped in Insecurities and outdated and sexist gender roles.
c "She's in love with you."
c "She has been for a while."
m "Realy?"
c "Yes, doofus."
c "And you love her as well."
m "Huh? I do?"
blah blah continues on...
c "So do you want to be with her?"
m "What? No. I want to be with you."

Just fucking read the script. Plain as day she's pushing him. I can quote plenty. In the last update she even pushes him to fuck Lydia. Again calling him "doofus".
Seriously? You must be trolling. You never ever had a lover call you idiot or any name like doofus playfully? He gets more action than her and is not being controlled. Your Insecurities are tainting others impressions of a damn fine love story so that they are afraid to play for what reason?

Why hang out in this thread when you don't like the vn? Why take so much time and effort? Who hurt you so bad that this seems like a good idea?

erkper

May 16, 2018
That is afair point. I removed the comment. I still think there is a difference between just not wanting to watch something ;;because it is not your preference, which is totally fine, and to feel threatened, which means it clashes with your world view, and its very existence bothers you. But, that is fine. Obviously I am not going to change any opinions.

Haha. Alright, alright. I guess we will agree to disagree on this point. I don't see Cathy as pushing the MC anywhere he doesn't already want to go. He is loyal to Cathy and just needs to know that she is happy if he acts on his impulses with Alice. I saw the "doofus" remark as playfully telling the MC that it is obvious to her that the MC and Alice have feelings for each other, and they should stop trying to resist or hide it.
Talk about projecting insecurities. You straight up admit that what I and others have said we feel is fine, unless it's because of feeling threatened, which NO ONE has said except YOU. You are the very definition of projecting. "quote it, I can't find it." When exactly this is done, "haha, I guess we will agree to disagree" - funny how you can agree when what you said isn't there is repeated back to you verbatim.

Seriously? You must be trolling. You never ever had a lover call you idiot or any name like doofus playfully? He gets more action than her and is not being controlled. Your Insecurities are tainting others impressions of a damn fine love story so that they are afraid to play for what reason?
Some more fine projecting. Also, I'm fairly sure the point of the quote was to show Cathy is pushing MC where he wasn't ever intending to go, not that they banter back and forth. As I've said multiple times, it's never been a question that Cathy and MC love each other, but to claim it's an equal relationship and that she isn't the Alpha pushing her Beta follower to do things is ludicrous. Again, just try flipping the roles in the relationship and think about how "equal" you'd find it if MC made every decision and pushed his wife to start an affair so that he had an excuse to start his own.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
... "projecting" ... etc. etc.
I don't know why I bother. It is hopeless. Clearly you have a very retrograde opinion of the sexes with your alpha-beta theory, where once a man accepts a woman's suggestions, he is supposedly doomed to a life of submission. I guess a "real" man would disagree with his wife no matter what she says, even if he actually likes the idea and it benefits him, just so he can be a "real" man. Even in 2020, opinions like yours are very common, unfortunately. Look at the whole "incel" movement. They love all the alpha-beta terminology.

Maybe you haven't heard of the expression before, but "agree to disagree" is a nice way of saying, I don't agree with you, but I won't spend any more time trying to convince you. Those of us that are married, or have girlfriends, or have spent much time around women, know that the "dufus" comment, is clearly playful banter between a close couple. If you take it as a grievous insult, well I don't know what to tell you.

I recommend instead of hanging around here talking about a game you clearly don't like, try Midlife Crisis, or Ecchi Sensei. You can have all the girls and keep the wife completely to yourself.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
That is a fair point. I removed the comment. I still think there is a difference between just not wanting to watch something because it is not your preference, which is totally fine...
Oh. I was under the impression that your comments were attacking people for that. It's nice to get some clarification. I didn't mean to accuse you of something you weren't intending to say.

I find it is Never a good idea to base opinions on a vn by other's comments of the vn. Especially comments steeped in Insecurities and outdated and sexist gender roles.
I'm basing my opinion on the content they say exists though, not on someone else's opinion on the vn. I am not shitting on this vn or attacking it. It just has content I'm not into, and that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nova1811

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the writing or take this VN too seriously. I mean with the exception of visually it doesn't reflect the Medieval period at all. I'm pretty sure girls didn't walk around saying "Awesome!" all the time back then :LOL:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the writing or take this VN too seriously. I mean with the exception of visually it doesn't reflect the Medieval period at all. I'm pretty sure girls didn't walk around saying "Awesome!" all the time back then :LOL:
The word awesome has been shown to be over 400 years old, I wouldn't be too sure about people not using it ;)

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
The word awesome has been shown to be over 400 years old, I wouldn't be too sure about people not using it ;)
Yes, but the use of words sometimes change over time. Original meaning "filled with awe". Now it's used nonchalantly to show someone really likes something. The word gay is also really old, but is now more commonly used as a different meaning.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Every shitty VN has its good points. Lydia got my full attention,
but what the author did to her is reprehensible.
View attachment 928309
"Reprehensible"? Losing your virginity to someone you love and adore? It's 2020 and still some close minded people can't deal with a woman losing her virginity to another woman even if they truly love each other. That is so sad and plain wrong.

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes