BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Was wondering why is special edition version almost 2x in size of the regular version ? is their more story content in the special edition ?
I once updated from a SE to regular and re-watched a scene that I'd saved previously - the lesbian scene between Cathy and Alice. About half-way through the scene, I started getting black pages with e.g. "Image 'scene 34948alt' not found". From that, I assume the SE just has extended lewd scenes - otherwise the dev would create an unnecessary headache for himself keeping track of the alternate story lines.

Now if you're asking whether the extended lewd scenes are worth the wait and DL- FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Reactions: Dependable_223

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Is anything ever going to happen with the douche king? When he was introduced I thought he was being set up as a an antagonist we'd have to protect our girls from but he's just gone now and the last few updates have been nothing abut ALOOOOOOOT of talk to get to a sex scene that isn't always quite satisfying.

That Lil ginger should NOT last lost her cherry to a piece of wood! >.<

At least not the literal kind... ;p

Don't get me wrong I mostly like the characters but there's just not much happening here. Granted, I am two updates behind, so maybe that changed and I just haven't noticed. But it's telling to me that I haven't felt a need to see what's going on for two whole updates.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Is anything ever going to happen with the douche king? When he was introduced I thought he was being set up as a an antagonist we'd have to protect our girls from but he's just gone now and the last few updates have been nothing abut ALOOOOOOOT of talk to get to a sex scene that isn't always quite satisfying.

At least not the literal kind... ;p

Don't get me wrong I mostly like the characters but there's just not much happening here. Granted, I am two updates behind, so maybe that changed and I just haven't noticed. But it's telling to me that I haven't felt a need to see what's going on for two whole updates.
Girls won't ever be in danger from other men, that's not what this dev does.

At most the king will be involved in a war but the girls won't be involved.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Of course they wont be in danger. Cuz the MC will find a way to protect them if he has to stage his own little 'Robert's Rebellion' and become the new King.

The point i'm getting at is there needs to be something happening beyond mega-perfect-happy-super-bliss. At least if yer gonna make me read soooooo much dialogue between sex scenes. Can the dialogue at least be about things that are interesting?

Give us a background war. Give us some problems to resolve within our own territory. SOMETHING.

Reactions: earthfire

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Of course they wont be in danger. Cuz the MC will find a way to protect them if he has to stage his own little 'Robert's Rebellion' and become the new King.

The point i'm getting at is there needs to be something happening beyond mega-perfect-happy-super-bliss. At least if yer gonna make me read soooooo much dialogue between sex scenes. Can the dialogue at least be about things that are interesting?

Give us a background war. Give us some problems to resolve within our own territory. SOMETHING.
Dev only does wholesome romance, no drama.

If you are waiting for something dramatic to happen, you picked the wrong dev.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is anything ever going to happen with the douche king?

douche: quite likely at some point.

ginger: yeah but at least she has other cherry to give for mc.

se saves worked on normal version so didn't need to replay so had to play only 18 and 19 content. apprentice has become addicted to anal sex.

rockymahr

Aug 22, 2020
cuz you don't have se version.

*waits next dumb question*
so... mr. smartass.... i have version .19 .... it shows .17 as being the se... should i run that instead?? and ofc you'll call this a stupid question as well i'm sure... waiting for smartass comment

Reactions: bozoplace

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
so... mr. smartass.... i have version .19 .... it shows .17 as being the se... should i run that instead?? and ofc you'll call this a srupid question as well i'm sure
Each update has 2 editions. A regular and a special. To see the images of the special edition you must have the most current special edition. No matter if you played the special editions before.

Edit: if you want to play 17 se that will give you all the special images up to that point but of course none of the new content.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so... mr. smartass.... i have version .19 .... it shows .17 as being the se... should i run that instead?? and ofc you'll call this a srupid question as well i'm sure
it was explained few posts above yours and 17se has 17se content not 18se nor 19se content.

i'm not trying to be smartass but too often posters ask things which are on same page as their post or can be found on op.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Dev only does wholesome romance, no drama.

If you are waiting for something dramatic to happen, you picked the wrong dev.
Except that having played Triangle from the beginning, I can attest that there was actually some semblance of drama in this Dev's first game. I can also attest that the OP of this thread clearly indicates to new players that, and I quote, " you will go on many adventures." Which to this point has proven to be untrue. If you want to defend the lack of anything happening in this story, that's fine. But do so legitimately. Saying anyone who expected different than what they're getting was expecting the wrong thing is just lazy.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Except that having played Triangle from the beginning, I can attest that there was actually some semblance of drama in this Dev's first game. I can also attest that the OP of this thread clearly indicates to new players that, and I quote, " you will go on many adventures." Which to this point has proven to be untrue. If you want to defend the lack of anything happening in this story, that's fine. But do so legitimately. Saying anyone who expected different than what they're getting was expecting the wrong thing is just lazy.
They have been on adventures. They have been to several towns.

And where was the drama in Triangle?

The fact she made him sleep 1 night in a hotel then agreed to marry him ..... how dramatic.

erkper

May 16, 2018
They have been on adventures. They have been to several towns.

And where was the drama in Triangle?

The fact she made him sleep 1 night in a hotel then agreed to marry him ..... how dramatic.
Oh, yes. I forgot. The dramatic trip to mediate a land dispute between two peons who had no intent to escalate the argument beyond asking for a mediator... how dramatic. And not to mention the so totally dramatic trip to buy a horse. I was sweating bullets. Grand adventure indeed.

As for Triangle, I remember the girl having a bit of drama with the college guy she was dating wanting to get more physical than she was comfortable with. I remember MC sleeping with the girl without having discussed any sort of relationship with his WIFE. Basically being a cheating douche who was conveniently baled out by his "suddenly remembered she was bi and attracted to the girl, totally absolving a husband's cheating" wife. As I said, it wasn't much, but it was certainly more drama than buying a fucking horse.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh, yes. I forgot. The dramatic trip to mediate a land dispute between two peons who had no intent to escalate the argument beyond asking for a mediator... how dramatic. And not to mention the so totally dramatic trip to buy a horse. I was sweating bullets. Grand adventure indeed.

As for Triangle, I remember the girl having a bit of drama with the college guy she was dating wanting to get more physical than she was comfortable with. I remember MC sleeping with the girl without having discussed any sort of relationship with his WIFE. Basically being a cheating douche who was conveniently baled out by his "suddenly remembered she was bi and attracted to the girl, totally absolving a husband's cheating" wife. As I said, it wasn't much, but it was certainly more drama than buying a fucking horse.
Yes, both of which boiled down to "I will never see him again" from the college girl about her date which was used as a plot device to get her close to the man of the house.

And then the man of the house spending 1 night in a hotel and then all was forgiven.

A grand total of 4 sentences of "drama".

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
It's really not that complicated. A Night's Tale is the prototypical slice of life story, but set in the medieval ages. It is a simple story of an MC sharing 3 other women, who have fun together, but build up to a conclusion where they are all together.

That is it. Anyone expecting major conflict, or the women to be only interested in the MC, clearly haven't been paying attention, either to Triangle or A Knights Tale. If you want more conflict, there are lots of other VNs here to try.

That is just how Neverlucky's stories always are. I suspect that his next VN after this will be called "A Captain's Journey", about an man and his wife, traveling through space in a ship called the Pentagon, with 4 women, an engineer, a communications technician, a navigator, and his wife, the pilot. He will use Alice's model for one of the characters. They will land on one planet at the beginning, maybe have a single alien encounter, and then spend the rest of the VN on the ship drifting through space getting to know each other.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It's really not that complicated. A Night's Tale is the prototypical slice of life story, but set in the medieval ages. It is a simple story of an MC sharing 3 other women, who have fun together, but build up to a conclusion where they are all together.

That is it. Anyone expecting major conflict, or the women to be only interested in the MC, clearly haven't been paying attention, either to Triangle or A Knights Tale. If you want more conflict, there are lots of other VNs here to try.

That is just how Neverlucky's stories always are. I suspect that his next VN after this will be called "A Captain's Journey", about an man and his wife, traveling through space in a ship called the Pentagon, with 4 women, an engineer, a communications technician, a navigator, and his wife, the pilot. He will use Alice's model for one of the characters. They will land on one planet at the beginning, maybe have a single alien encounter, and then spend the rest of the VN on the ship drifting through space getting to know each other.
And I for one love it that's why I keep coming back, because I enjoy it. Life is way too short to spending it on things you don't enjoy in my opinion...

Oh and the bums these chickas have the cutest bums in a vn :love:

Reactions: Aser__

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yes, both of which boiled down to "I will never see him again" from the college girl about her date which was used as a plot device to get her close to the man of the house.

And then the man of the house spending 1 night in a hotel and then all was forgiven.

A grand total of 4 sentences of "drama".
Quite right. Which is:
a: why I said Triangle featured "a semblance of drama" and
b: 4 more sentences of drama than this VN which is advertised as "many adventures" but delivers a trip to buy a horse.

Again, if you want to defend the lack of... anything... do it legitimately. It's just lazy to say "well, what did you expect from this dev" especially when the OP leads anyone unfamiliar with this dev to expect what this game certainly fails to deliver.

That is just how Neverlucky's stories always are.
Good advice. Got any for someone unfamiliar with Neverlucky who just happens to read the OP?
"Anyone expecting major conflict, or the women to be only interested in the MC, clearly haven't been paying attention"
Sooooo lazy...

• Haha
Reactions: laeg
2.90 star(s) 97 Votes