simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Did anyone else get this?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 996, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1000, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1001, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1008, in execute
NameError: Name 'hot' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 38738, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1922, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1106, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1345, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 681, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 988, in _textbutton
    text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1633, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1763, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
A Life Worth Living Chapter 5 Ch5.P1
Sun Mar 10 12:21:05 2024
Sod just checked it. It has to do with the WT Mod. We are working on a patch for it. You may be able to ignore it, and continue. Let us know. And as soon as we have the patch, we will put it out.

Reactions: latex lvr

mc loving VI

Dec 20, 2020
Really good update !!! I hope more "Mary's cheating revenge" content, even this content could evolve in a new route or at least a bad ending about femdom and humiliation / hard cuckolding

• Love
Reactions: simarimas

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Really good update !!! I hope more "Mary's cheating revenge" content, even this content could evolve in a new route or at least a bad ending about femdom and humiliation / hard cuckolding
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. We have quite a few different scenarios in part2, for each path. So you might just get your wish.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
This was a really satisfying update - it turned out exactly as I hoped it would.

I had MC only cheat with Zoe (her character model is just so beautiful can't help it) and wasn't sure whether her diary was real or not so it was very satisfying to see she just made it up for some petty revenge and as long as MC is honest about it they seem to have been able to work through it.

Normally games can get you too pigeon holed down a path cheating/ntr/hotwife but this one has so many on and off ramps you actually have to continue making important choices rather than just chocie chp 1 then kinetic after - love this game. Hoping for a happy ending haha
Glad you enjoyed the update, and the game. You and Sod feel the same abut Zoe, hahaha.

We have tried, sometimes unsuccessfully, to leave the paths a little fluid, and be able to take multiple paths, and not just be 'Hotwife path' without also being able to combine the other routes also, into this. It gets crazy at times keeping it all working, but that is part of the fun, and frustration, of it.

Thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: Will619

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
To respond to a few of the things I read here, just randomly and without quotes.

Fred's cheating was never intended to be a 'get away with it' scenario. And we have stated this from DAY 1 of this game. If you do not want your wife to cheat on you, do not cheat on her. The game is intended, first and foremost, to be a swingers game, with paths to take that in different directions. A cheating/cucking path, and a hotwife path. With variations of these.

Fred gets caught cheating because the options we left you to cheat were designed to get you caught. Fucking Mary's friend in her own house, while she is there. Fucking girls you work with (also not smart, as is stated, girls talk). Fucking a nurse while your wife is just outside the door. Fucking, who turns out to be, your friends girlfriend. This was possibly the smartest choice, but it just turned out to be bad luck. But none of these were really smart on Fred's part, and it was designed that way.

If you think guys don't get caught, or gossiped about, or outright told on, in real life, then I don't know what to tell you there.

We could definitely have added an 'end game' scene where Fred tells Mary to fuck off, and leaves her. But we aren't ready to end that path just yet, as we have more of the story to tell, and an overall plot that ties into future games that we want to get to. Though after hearing so many complaints about this, perhaps in the second half, we will throw out an endgame scenario just to make some happy. Don't expect it though. Rest assured though, at some point, in the final chapter, Fred having enough will be an option, as we have planned all along.

Sod stated that Charlotte knows about Kelly. This is true, and false. She does know, but is not the one who told Mary about the Kelly cheating scene. Charlotte finds out when Kelly is quitting, and therefor is pissed at Fred from that point. However, there are others at Dynamic E, one of whom went on the trip also, who could have known about Fred and Kelly. One of them being a controlling semi crazy redhead, who was hitting on Fred in the hallway on that business trip. Ben could have also been the one to say something. Mary has helped him quite a bit, so you never know. So again, not smart on Fred's part to fuck girls he works with, with others around who might find out about it.

As for Tony and the Key party scene. If Mary didn't fuck Tony, then you were not on either the hotwife, or cheating, paths. So she may have been upset with you for doing so, but it was a reaction, and did not cause any issues in the relationship with Fred and Mary. If you were on hotwife or cheating, then she did fuck him. And if you didn't fuck either Blair or Vicki, then you missed a chance to be able to, as it was part of the key party game.

Anyway, I wanted to just give some insight into how we are writing the game, and why some things are happening.
Good response. I mean, come on people, if you cheat, you're going to get caught. Don't then whine about Mary cheating. You don't want her to cheat? Then don't do it yourself.

I never cheat on Mary and am very happy on the hotwife path. :)

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
So here is a question that I don't expect you to answer...well except in the game itself. Is the person (persons) who are trying to break up the couple the same ones who are committing the murders? On the surface the quick answer is yes but if you think about it maybe not.
Kind of, in a round about sort of way, maybe.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Good response. I mean, come on people, if you cheat, you're going to get caught. Don't then whine about Mary cheating. You don't want her to cheat? Then don't do it yourself.

THANK YOU! Exactly!

Reactions: sagerock820
Apr 2, 2021

Why saying that as an absolute? You CAN get caught, but you also cannot, I was just saying I would have loved for the MC to have a chance.

Regarding the dev's answer, I didn't know they stated it from the beginning, I guess that's my bad for having missed that. If I had known from the start I would have avoided playing it. Mine wasn't a whine, it was an honest opinion and feedback, I didn't just throw hate to the game or the devs, it was a negative feedback, yes, but also an argumented one. I was very invested in the game because I thought it could have gone on a certain direction and I was disappointed when I realized it didn't. Again, if it was stated from the beginning it's my bad, but the argument "If you cheat you will 100% get caught" makes absolute no sense to me and it's objectively not true.

Sod!

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2019
To those of you getting following error, please download the attached 'patch.rpa' file and paste it in the 'game' folder.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 38738, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1922, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1106, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1345, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 680, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 988, in _textbutton
text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1633, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1763, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
A Life Worth Living Chapter 5 Ch5.P1
Sun Mar 10 12:21:05 2024

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Why saying that as an absolute? You CAN get caught, but you also cannot, I was just saying I would have loved for the MC to have a chance.

Regarding the dev's answer, I didn't know they stated it from the beginning, I guess that's my bad for having missed that. If I had known from the start I would have avoided playing it. Mine wasn't a whine, it was an honest opinion and feedback, I didn't just throw hate to the game or the devs, it was a negative feedback, yes, but also an argumented one. I was very invested in the game because I thought it could have gone on a certain direction and I was disappointed when I realized it didn't. Again, if it was stated from the beginning it's my bad, but the argument "If you cheat you will 100% get caught" makes absolute no sense to me and it's objectively not true.
Yes, I understand. And I have no problem at all with people voicing their opinions or comments.

There is actually one cheating scenario that you might be able to get away with, as the story goes on, possibly two.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023

No, you're right. My apologies if I came across too harsh. I was simply refering to cheating within this game, not in general.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
so anyone wanna team up for a cheating game where players will be punished fortaking the hotwife/cuckold path? ;)
I think that would be a fun game to play! We can always use more developers, so I would love for you to make one!

In truth, I wish everyone would attempt to make the games they want to play, for a multitude of reasons. We can always use more games. To see the fun there is in making one. And the the hard work involved. And yes, to have the fun of dealing with the many fans, and critics, which is something I actually love doing.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
after reading the last pages: i was always acting under the pretence, that you said 'cheating might have consequences". That and the fact given that due to things supppsed to be clarified in later content, there seemed to be serious plotholes, made me think that you messed up the update. My critic always aimed to point out percieved inconsistencies and flaws in the character developement (St. Mary, whichbi still hold up but it seema to be intentional). i like to apologize for any tune that might have been to harsh, which might be risen by aforementioned misunderstanding. But, as it seems to be clear that the gane is developed in a direction not to my liking, the decision to end subscribing on patreon seems to be incorrigable.
i will stay for the final fuck off to mary, but my enthusiasm for the game has diminished.

however, best luck with the further developement.

simarimas but please keep up handle critics yourself ;)

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
after reading the last pages: i was always acting under the pretence, that you said 'cheating might have consequences". That and the fact given that due to things supppsed to be clarified in later content, there seemed to be serious plotholes, made me think that you messed up the update. My critic always aimed to point out percieved inconsistencies and flaws in the character developement (St. Mary, whichbi still hold up but it seema to be intentional). i like to apologize for any tune that might have been to harsh, which might be risen by aforementioned misunderstanding. But, as it seems to be clear that the gane is developed in a direction not to my liking, the decision to end subscribing on patreon seems to be incorrigable.
i will stay for the final fuck off to mary, but my enthusiasm for the game has diminished.

however, best luck with the further developement.

simarimas but please keep up handle critics yourself ;)
No hard feelings on my part.

We knew going in that what we did would always have people who wouldn't enjoy the direction we took the game. If we could please everyone, I would have retired ages ago.

Having feedback, and critics, is how we get better at what we do. We have had comments, critiques, that caused us to change a scene, or a choice, when we have felt it was warranted, and fit into how we planned the game. I won't lie, we won't change the direction we are taking the game, as we have our story, and that is what it is. But, if there are things we can do better, we want to hear them.

I won't apologize for Sod. He is his own person, and his passion is part of what makes this all work. I am usually, usually, the voice of reason, (which my wife would laugh her ass off about) but that is just because I am an old fart, and I don't take criticism personally. Sod can get fiery at times, and I think at times it is needed. So I won't ask him to stop voicing his opinion, as he would not do with me.

I do want to say, regardless of how you feel about the game at this point, that I truly do appreciate the support you have given us, and will continue to give. The fact that you care enough about our game to voice your opinions means a lot to me. So thank you!

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
To respond to a few of the things I read here, just randomly and without quotes.

Fred's cheating was never intended to be a 'get away with it' scenario. And we have stated this from DAY 1 of this game. If you do not want your wife to cheat on you, do not cheat on her. The game is intended, first and foremost, to be a swingers game, with paths to take that in different directions. A cheating/cucking path, and a hotwife path. With variations of these.

Fred gets caught cheating because the options we left you to cheat were designed to get you caught. Fucking Mary's friend in her own house, while she is there. Fucking girls you work with (also not smart, as is stated, girls talk). Fucking a nurse while but it just turned out to be bad luck. But none of these were really smart on Fred's part, and it was designed that way.

If you think guys don't get caught, or gossiped about, or outright told on, in real life, then I don't know what to tell you there.

We could definitely have added an 'end game' scene where Fred tells Mary to fuck off, and leaves her. But we aren't ready to end that path just yet, as we have more of the story to tell, and an overall plot that ties into future games that we want to get to. Though after hearing so many complaints about this, perhaps in the second half, we will throw out an endgame scenario just to make some happy. Don't expect it though. Rest assured though, at some point, in the final chapter, Fred having enough will be an option, as we have planned all along.

Sod stated that Charlotte knows about Kelly. This is true, and false. She does know, but is not the one who told Mary about the Kelly cheating scene. Charlotte finds out when Kelly is quitting, and therefor is pissed at Fred from that point. However, there are others at Dynamic E, one of whom went on the trip also, who could have known about Fred and Kelly. One of them being a controlling semi crazy redhead, who was hitting on Fred in the hallway on that business trip. Ben could have also been the one to say something. Mary has helped him quite a bit, so you never know. So again, not smart on Fred's part to fuck girls he works with, with others around who might find out about it.

As for Tony and the Key party scene. If Mary didn't fuck Tony, then you were not on either the hotwife, or cheating, paths. So she may have been upset with you for doing so, but it was a reaction, and did not cause any issues in the relationship with Fred and Mary. If you were on hotwife or cheating, then she did fuck him. And if you didn't fuck either Blair or Vicki, then you missed a chance to be able to, as it was part of the key party game.

Anyway, I wanted to just give some insight into how we are writing the game, and why some things are happening.
made a new sig for your game, hope you like it, its got some of the old mixed in with the newer content. Also this is my favorite line or scene from the update:love:
screenshot0019.png

DFRALWLezgif.com-speed.gif

gedads

Nov 10, 2021
" i will stay for the final fuck off to mary, but my enthusiasm for the game has diminished. "
it's clear from how the game is written that you'll pay for it as male MC. if you look at it you just see a game where you're losing always, you have to share your wife, you're caught as soon as you cheat, she can do what she wants that's kasparov vs deepblue but from aliexpress.com. There's no chance the authors are really having in mind a male protagonist. The wife is the protagonist, your decisions are for her since every single choice ends in you being punished and her going further. I doubt it's worth waiting for a probably MC humiliating ending.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 27 Votes