Sod!

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2019
1. How does Mary know that Fred cheated with Kelly on Business Trip?
A: Kelly -> Charlotte -> Mary. Charlotte knows Fred has cheated so she's mad about it too. Mary does mention in their conversation this:
1710060044140.png

2. How does Mary know that Fred cheated with Rachel?
A: She knows it from Rachel's fiancee William. She reveals this in her conversation with Fred in therapist session:

Fred"Rachel, our secretary from work, invited me over to her and her fiancee's place. They wanted me to have sex with her while he watched, which I did."
Mary"You know, he called me wanting to give his thanks to you for how well you fucked her that night."
So paying a little attention to the game and various choices, outcome, discussion will lead to more information.

If you didn't confess your cheating in therapist session, that does not mean she does not know. It's just that when you confess, she'll tell you how she knows about the girls and cheating. If you don't confess, she knows you are lying and will have more consequences. Might even get to a point where she'll cheat more than the Fred's cheat count. Just a heads-up.

You fucked up. Okay, that's fine. DON'T LIE. If you do, also be ready to bare 'severe' consequences.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Yet MC is forced to be a passive little puppy during those scenes by the devs. Just like foreshadowed in the gloryhole scene, where marys cheating (it is marked as cheating in the official walktrough) has zero consequences, while getting a blowjob from zoe and one from jazz causes Mary to go ballistic.
Mary us Saint Mary to the devs and nothing she does could be ever bad. Like the sexeducation with ben on faithful path, where there isn't again any option for Fred to oppose, simply starting this path to be hotwife 2.0
Not gonna lie the way the cheating path was presented in this game I never really thought there would ever be consequences for Mary's cheating since it isn't a multi MC game or at least not as much or bad compared to the MC. I still need to play the cheating stuff in this update so I cant really comment until I play that path and have full context but from what I read it's honestly doesn't feel like a big deal to me and doesn't really break her character or anything. Expect for maybe a non hotwife faithful path not sure dont have that save yet.

One complaint I did read was some wanted Fred to have some backbone for how Mary cheats on him. I understand why some feel that way but the way I see it from what I read Fred showing some backbone would probably ruin any chances of him repairing his relationship if there is still any chance at that. As it seemed to me Mary was making him watch or whatever so he knows how it feels, so showing any kind of backbone with that in mind would probably always end up in divorce.

Reactions: simarimas

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
so showing any kind of backbone with that in mind would probably always end up in divorce.
That would be totally fine by me. But without any choice, this feels really stale. There had been so many occasions where Fred could act like an assohel without caring for consequences, but now it is inconvenient...

1. How does Mary know that Fred cheated with Kelly on Business Trip?
A: Kelly -> Charlotte -> Mary. Charlotte knows Fred has cheated so she's mad about it too. Mary does mention in their conversation this:
View attachment 3428479

2. How does Mary know that Fred cheated with Rachel?
A: She knows it from Rachel's fiancee William. She reveals this in her conversation with Fred in therapist session:

So paying a little attention to the game and various choices, outcome, discussion will lead to more information.

If you didn't confess your cheating in therapist session, that does not mean she does not know. It's just that when you confess, she'll tell you how she knows about the girls and cheating. If you don't confess, she knows you are lying and will have more consequences. Might even get to a point where she'll cheat more than the Fred's cheat count. Just a heads-up.

You fucked up. Okay, that's fine. DON'T LIE. If you do, also be ready to bare 'severe' consequences.
Honestly, both reasons are really unbelievable. Deus ex machina...

shavone1

Mar 20, 2020
Not gonna lie the way the cheating path was presented in this game I never really thought there would ever be consequences for Mary's cheating since it isn't a multi MC game or at least not as much or bad compared to the MC. I still need to play the cheating stuff in this update so I cant really comment until I play that path and have full context but from what I read it's honestly doesn't feel like a big deal to me and doesn't really break her character or anything. Expect for maybe a non hotwife faithful path not sure dont have that save yet.

One complaint I did read was some wanted Fred to have some backbone for how Mary cheats on him. I understand why some feel that way but the way I see it from what I read Fred showing some backbone would probably ruin any chances of him repairing his relationship if there is still any chance at that. As it seemed to me Mary was making him watch or whatever so he knows how it feels, so showing any kind of backbone with that in mind would probably always end up in divorce.
If my wife fucked a guy in front of me, to teach me a lesson, its gone way past repairing the relationship ROFLMAO! :ROFLMAO:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
If my wife fucked a guy in front of me, to teach me a lesson, its gone way past repairing the relationship ROFLMAO! :ROFLMAO:
well never said it made sense but that's the impression I got from things ive read as like I said in my post I still need to play the cheating path in the update so i'm just going by things ive read. Yeah I would think that would make things way worst for most people too. Only people that would do anything to not lose the girl even if it means turning passive that kind of behavior would make sense for imo. Which is what it seems they might be going for maybe with the cheating path with Fred not sure till I play that path tomorrow.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
well never said it made sense but that's the impression I got from things ive read as like I said in my post I still need to play the cheating path in the update so i'm just going by things ive read. Yeah I would think that would make things way worst for most people too. Only people that would do anything to not lose the girl even if it means turning passive that kind of behavior would make sense for imo. Which is what it seems they might be going for maybe with the cheating path with Fred not sure till I play that path tomorrow.
As I said. Until now, the devs gave Fred each and every option to be an asshole regardless of consequences. Why aren't here any asshole options? If I play an asshole, I want to play it consequently.

Reactions: d2t14

Sod!

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2019
That would be totally fine by me. But without any choice, this feels really stale. There had been so many occasions where Fred could act like an assohel without caring for consequences, but now it is inconvenient...

Honestly, both reasons are really unbelievable. Deus ex machina...
My response was to address "Mary's knowledge about Fred cheating with Kelly and/or Rachel was never mentioned in the game" claim that some of them are making in this thread. If you cheated and she knows about it and she tells you how she came to know, then how is that 'unbelievable'?

So you only expect her to be standing in front of you and see you banging other women and then only it makes sense about her knowledge on your cheating and makes it believable?

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
My response was to address "Mary's knowledge about Fred cheating with Kelly and/or Rachel was never mentioned in the game" claim that some of them are making in this thread. If you cheated and she knows about it and she tells you how she came to know, then how is that 'unbelievable'?

So you only expect her to be standing in front of you and see you banging other women and then only it makes sense about her knowledge on your cheating and makes it believable?
Why would Kelly gossip about this with Charlotte, why would Rachel's husband thank Mary instead of Fred. I don't buy it.
Next, Marscha will call Mary when Fred will fuck her in the ass, I guess....

Last edited:

Sod!

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2019
Why would Kelly gossip about this with Charlotte, why would Rachel's husband thank Mary instead of Fred. I don't buy it.
Kelly didn't gossip. It just slipped out when she was having a normal conversation with Charlotte. This game is from Fred's POV so we can't show what other characters are talking or doing without Fred being present or Fred's knowledge or Fred being told about it or Fred reading it somewhere.

We'll explain this more (Charlotte confronting Fred about his cheating with Kelly) in future scenes. A lot of things are yet to be told, storywise. Charlotte was mad when she came to tell him that Kelly is leaving but kept it subtle. If you didn't cheat with Kelly, the conversation that Charlotte has with Fred about Kelly leaving is different. You didn't play that variation of dialogue so you don't know.

William calling Mary -> Just like he shared Rachel with Fred, he is in an assumption that Fred & Mary are in similar agreement. He didn't know Fred was cheating on Mary at that point. Definately, William is not as smart as Rachel.

Reactions: Will619

shavone1

Mar 20, 2020
This is an insane relationship, which should be written into a contract. Wife allows cheating under the condition husband warns prior to sticking his dick into another woman... failure to do so results in 5 visual creampies of any man of her choosing. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: MixQQ

akinari2014

May 7, 2023
Kelly didn't gossip. It just slipped out when she was having a normal conversation with Charlotte. This game is from Fred's POV so we can't show what other characters are talking or doing without Fred being present or Fred's knowledge or Fred being told about it or Fred reading it somewhere.

We'll explain this more (Charlotte confronting Fred about his cheating with Kelly) in future scenes. A lot of things are yet to be told, storywise. Charlotte was mad when she came to tell him that Kelly is leaving but kept it subtle. If you didn't cheat with Kelly, the conversation that Charlotte has with Fred about Kelly leaving is different. You didn't play that variation of dialogue so you don't know.

William calling Mary -> Just like he shared Rachel with Fred, he is in an assumption that Fred & Mary are in similar agreement. He didn't know Fred was cheating on Mary at that point. Definately, William is not as smart as Rachel.
For me it is still the dumbest scene in game why he didnt call Mary to ask permission to have sex with Rachel. They are swingers already and there are options for Mary to have sexual activities that arent with couples in game with his permision (onehole scene , photo scene for example).

Apr 2, 2021

I'm fine with Mary catching MC cheating if he's careless about it, what I personally don't like is that the game always makes it so; some explanations are believable, others feel forced in my opinion.

Cheating as a videogame fetish makes sense if you can get the thrill from it, like doing something wrong and forbidden, feel the excitement and the adrenaline. But the moment you get caught it loses all its purpose: if like in most games it will turn into something like sharing or harem in my personal opinion just becomes boring and too unrealistic, if like in this game you become cuck, as a player, I only feel anger and frustration because the MC has no options to do anything about it, even if you confess and don't become a cuck, all the thrill from the cheating goes away.

I don't like VNs too unrealistic (I find harem stories flat and boring), but I also play them to somehow escape reality and do things I would never do in real life (like cheating) with at least the possibility to get away with it. I'm not saying to give the MC a plot armor so he can never get caught, but at least give him a chance to be smart about it.

It seems to me VNs explore any kind of fetishes, from the more mainstream like foot fetish, domination/submission to the more niche ones, but never cheating for some reason... there are maybe two or three titles I can come up with, but they are not complete yet so I can't be sure about those either.

Last edited:

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
I'm fine with Mary catching MC cheating if he's careless about it, what I personally don't like is that the game always makes it so; some explanations are believable, others feel forced in my opinion.

Cheating as a videogame fetish makes sense if you can get the thrill from it, like doing something wrong and forbidden, feel the excitement and the adrenaline. But the moment you get caught it loses all its purpose: if like in most games it will turn something like sharing or harem in my personal opinion just becomes boring and too unrealistic, if like in this game you become cuck, as a player, I only feel anger and frustration because the MC has no options to do anything about it, even if you confess and don't become a cuck, all the thrill from the cheating goes away.

I don't like VNs too unrealistic (I find harem stories flat and boring), but I also play them to somehow escape reality and do things I wouldn't never do in real life (like cheating) with at least the possibility to get away with it. I'm not saying to give the MC a plot armor so he can never get caught, but at least give him a chance to be smart about it.
i second this.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
There is a female side-character that says she is pregnant in the 5th chapter after you cum inside her in previous chapters. After telling you the news she says she's gonna keep the baby but leaves and you never see her again.

The MC's wife doesn't get pregnant at all. At first she is infertile due to psychological/stress reasons. After the fertility issues have been resolved she informs MC she doesn't want to have a baby in present circumstances and goes on the pill.
Aren't they co-workers though? I assume it's the girl you can cheat with for the first time, why does she leave?

And what might those present circumstances entail? This must have been discussed in chapter 5, as I played all paths until EOC of the previous update, I just decided to wait longer so there will be more content again.

Last edited:

gedads

Nov 10, 2021
"The MC's wife doesn't get pregnant at all. " and not even mentioning the fact that it's his real child. with his wife he'll probably got a multicolored one. he should just leave his wife and give everything to get back kelly. he should push his actual whore to total debauchery so that she end up leaving or until he has plenty of reasons to dump her and live happily with kelly.

Last edited:

Sod!

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2019
Looking at popularity of Kelly, she might make a guest appearance in next game.

If Zoe is first Love, Kelly is second. One of my favourites. :p

• Love
Reactions: Will619 and Joshy92

latex lvr

May 3, 2019
Did anyone else get this?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 996, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1000, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1001, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1008, in execute
NameError: Name 'hot' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 38738, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1922, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1106, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1345, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 681, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1000, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1001, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1008, in execute
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 988, in _textbutton
    text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1633, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1763, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'hot' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
A Life Worth Living Chapter 5 Ch5.P1
Sun Mar 10 12:21:05 2024

Reactions: TangoVA

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
To respond to a few of the things I read here, just randomly and without quotes.

Fred's cheating was never intended to be a 'get away with it' scenario. And we have stated this from DAY 1 of this game. If you do not want your wife to cheat on you, do not cheat on her. The game is intended, first and foremost, to be a swingers game, with paths to take that in different directions. A cheating/cucking path, and a hotwife path. With variations of these.

Fred gets caught cheating because the options we left you to cheat were designed to get you caught. Fucking Mary's friend in her own house, while she is there. Fucking girls you work with (also not smart, as is stated, girls talk). Fucking a nurse while your wife is just outside the door. Fucking, who turns out to be, your friends girlfriend. This was possibly the smartest choice, but it just turned out to be bad luck. But none of these were really smart on Fred's part, and it was designed that way.

If you think guys don't get caught, or gossiped about, or outright told on, in real life, then I don't know what to tell you there.

We could definitely have added an 'end game' scene where Fred tells Mary to fuck off, and leaves her. But we aren't ready to end that path just yet, as we have more of the story to tell, and an overall plot that ties into future games that we want to get to. Though after hearing so many complaints about this, perhaps in the second half, we will throw out an endgame scenario just to make some happy. Don't expect it though. Rest assured though, at some point, in the final chapter, Fred having enough will be an option, as we have planned all along.

Sod stated that Charlotte knows about Kelly. This is true, and false. She does know, but is not the one who told Mary about the Kelly cheating scene. Charlotte finds out when Kelly is quitting, and therefor is pissed at Fred from that point. However, there are others at Dynamic E, one of whom went on the trip also, who could have known about Fred and Kelly. One of them being a controlling semi crazy redhead, who was hitting on Fred in the hallway on that business trip. Ben could have also been the one to say something. Mary has helped him quite a bit, so you never know. So again, not smart on Fred's part to fuck girls he works with, with others around who might find out about it.

As for Tony and the Key party scene. If Mary didn't fuck Tony, then you were not on either the hotwife, or cheating, paths. So she may have been upset with you for doing so, but it was a reaction, and did not cause any issues in the relationship with Fred and Mary. If you were on hotwife or cheating, then she did fuck him. And if you didn't fuck either Blair or Vicki, then you missed a chance to be able to, as it was part of the key party game.

Anyway, I wanted to just give some insight into how we are writing the game, and why some things are happening.

4.30 star(s) 27 Votes