simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
This one actually has a really good pace imo. Love it so far it has alot of potential. Cant wait for her to get a taste of some bbc :love:
Thanks very much. We will see how she reacts to the BBC. Though I don't know what taste she will get from British Television, but hey, I don't knock others fetishes. :LOL:

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks very much. We will see how she reacts to the BBC. Though I don't know what taste she will get from British Television, but hey, I don't knock others fetishes. :LOL:
Lmao you know thats what i got the first time i searched it i was like... ok whats this :KEK: . But yes im loving the game so far i dont have a fav for the wife yet. How many more suitors i wonder? Any of them younger?

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Lmao you know thats what i got the first time i searched it i was like... ok whats this :KEK: . But yes im loving the game so far i dont have a fav for the wife yet. How many more suitors i wonder? Any of them younger?
Yeah, I always think of Benny Hill or Monty Python when I see someone mention bbc.

Really glad you enjoy it. It still humbles me to have people praise our work. It means a lot.

Well, for younger, there is the delivery boy, and possibly a few others. As far as bbc, we shall see what pops up, there may be quite a few to choose from in the future.

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
Yeah, I always think of Benny Hill or Monty Python when I see someone mention bbc.

Really glad you enjoy it. It still humbles me to have people praise our work. It means a lot.

Well, for younger, there is the delivery boy, and possibly a few others. As far as bbc, we shall see what pops up, there may be quite a few to choose from in the future.
Monty Python will always be a golden treasure we will never see another like it. Oh yea its nice to see devs that actual make quality content, Rare these days imo. Hope you get more support your way.

Reactions: simarimas

MJB

Jan 10, 2020
Hey dev, just downloaded the game and when got to the scene of the couple first visiting the medical office to see if they could have kids, your message that the game ends at this point came up. I came back to this thread, and realized that game actually carried on past that, so I just figured you had just accidently left that message in and forgot to take it out. Anyways, I loaded up a save I had made at the start and hit 'skip', and it sailed right past that point, but this time no error message.

But, when I scrolled back to that scene to carry on reading the game, I got this error message:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1060, in script
centered "{b}CHAPTER 1{/b}"
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1060, in script
centered "{b}CHAPTER 1{/b}"
File "renpy/ast.py", line 901, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1253, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 917, in do_display
**display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 653, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3376, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3839, in interact_core
renpy.audio.audio.interact()
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1213, in interact
periodic()
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1166, in periodic
raise_(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1144, in periodic_thread_main
periodic_pass()
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1086, in periodic_pass
c.periodic()
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 557, in periodic
want_pause = self.context.pause or global_pause
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 316, in get_context
mcd = renpy.game.context().music
File "renpy/game.py", line 248, in context
return contexts[index]
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.0.22062402
A Life Worth Living Chapter 2 Ch2
Sun Jul 10 16:45:14 2022
```

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Monty Python will always be a golden treasure we will never see another like it. Oh yea its nice to see devs that actual make quality content, Rare these days imo. Hope you get more support your way.
Support is nice, no doubt, but we are doing it for the love of the game, and having fans who enjoy our work, and want more means a hell of a lot more to me.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Hey dev, just downloaded the game and when got to the scene of the couple first visiting the medical office to see if they could have kids, your message that the game ends at this point came up. I came back to this thread, and realized that game actually carried on past that, so I just figured you had just accidently left that message in and forgot to take it out. Anyways, I loaded up a save I had made at the start and hit 'skip', and it sailed right past that point, but this time no error message.

But, when I scrolled back to that scene to carry on reading the game, I got this error message:
What screen resolution are you running? it looks like the centering may be off for the text. But not sure. Did you by chance download the cheat mod? You might try reinstalling the game, and see if that fixes it. If not, let me know, we will investigate further.

MJB

Jan 10, 2020
No mods, desktop runs at running 1980x1080

I've found (even though you shouldn't have to) to always use 'jump' to a label even if that label is in the code directly below. So on line 1061 I'd put in:

jump label chap1

Just so it doesn't ignore it.

Edit: Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, then set my desktop to 2560x1440 and had the same thing happen. Here's the message:
devmessage.png

Last edited:

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018

Also, there is an "Ending" page at the end of each chapter. But there are now the prologue and 2 chapters, so just keep going until you get to the credits

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018

I've found (even though you shouldn't have to) to always use 'jump' to a label even if that label is in the code directly below. So on line 1061 I'd put in:

jump label chap1

Thanks. will remember that in the future. Did you get it working?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

jump label chap1

Really, you should always use jump...or call (if you intend to return). Labels could be spread out in multiple files or be in any order (like if there are multiple paths).

Reactions: simarimas

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Learning as we go, haha. Thanks for the tips, both of you.
If you haven't, join the Ren'Py discord server. Tons of very helpful and experienced folks there willing to help. Even if you don't ask anything yourself and just observe, you'll see some of the more experienced folks there providing best practices advice to folks. Even the creator of Ren'Py (PyTom) is in there helping out occasionally.

MJB

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks. will remember that in the future. Did you get it working?
Ya, reinstalled it again, added in the 'jump label chap1' to line 1061, then started a new game and it's good.

Another thing you might want to consider is make a script file for each chapter. Renpy is smart enough to jump to label 'chap1' even if it's in a different file like 'chapter1.rpy', when you use a jump or call. Makes working on the game easier.

Cheers

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
If you haven't, join the Ren'Py discord server. Tons of very helpful and experienced folks there willing to help. Even if you don't ask anything yourself and just observe, you'll see some of the more experienced folks there providing best practices advice to folks. Even the creator of Ren'Py (PyTom) is in there helping out occasionally.
I am on there, but didn't really concern myself too much with the coding side, other than knowing menu: and the like, for choices, and adding in some variables. I am mainly the renderer here. But with our coder going missing, we have had to handle it on our own. So in the future, will check it out more often.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Ya, reinstalled it again, added in the 'jump label chap1' to line 1061, then started a new game and it's good.

Another thing you might want to consider is make a script file for each chapter. Renpy is smart enough to jump to label 'chap1' even if it's in a different file (like 'chapter1.rpy'). Makes working on the game easier.

Cheers
Yes, I thought that too in the beginning, having different files, but our coder didn't want to, soooooo. We may look into that in the future. Thanks! And glad you got it fixed for you. I will see about adding that in for a bug fix in the future.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I am on there, but didn't really concern myself too much with the coding side, other than knowing menu: and the like, for choices, and adding in some variables. I am mainly the renderer here. But with our coder going missing, we have had to handle it on our own. So in the future, will check it out more often.
Ah, that's unfortunate your programmer has gone missing.

One of the most helpful people on that discord (Fen) has created a tutorial/guide website. I suggest you take a look at it when you get a chance.

EDIT: I also agree with MJB about separate files. You can keep things more organized that way. No idea why your coder didn't want to do that other than maybe not very experienced.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Liked chapter one of this game when it first released, but this second chapter was a bit disappointing for me. Content and growth wise was fine, but I am just so tired of the overdone blackmail trope.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Otherwise, it was a decent update. Just that whole thing ruined it for me. Maybe it will be dealt with swiftly in the next update and we'll never have to speak of it again, but if not and it keeps going, then I don't think this game will be for me anymore. Thanks regardless for your work.

Reactions: Sadowdark and m4pII
4.20 star(s) 31 Votes