MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
First thing great update, loved Evelyn, she is one of my favs.. With that said on the don't help tony, where, Mary doesn't do anything with Tony, in the last animation you randomly see tony licking Mary, so that is probably a bug. Also I couldn't get one scene to trigger, not sure what to do, it was the Johnny/Sara hotwife scene, so any help on how to trigger that would be help.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ALifeWorthLiving-CH5P2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Sod!

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2019
From what I just tried, you'd just need to pass in more variables into your replay scope to get the desired outcome. Or use if _in_replay to conditionally add a menu that only appears during replays so that the player can choose which outcome to see and then set the variables appropriately in the menu choices.

None of which would break saves.
Yeah, I have tested that on one of the scene in Part2 and it worked. A quick question though, lets say I have a save file just at the start of a label (before adding the code). I add the if _in_replay at the same location of the save. Then I load the save again after implementing the code, will that not break it since the start point of the save has changed?

Just so you know...I'm too lazy to check that myself at the moment. :D

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
First thing great update, loved Evelyn, she is one of my favs.. With that said on the don't help tony, where, Mary doesn't do anything with Tony, in the last animation you randomly see tony licking Mary, so that is probably a bug. Also I couldn't get one scene to trigger, not sure what to do, it was the Johnny/Sara hotwife scene, so any help on how to trigger that would be help.
Thanks!

Reactions: MagicMan753

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Yeah, I have tested that on one of the scene in Part2 and it worked. A quick question though, lets say I have a save file just at the start of a label (before adding the code). I add the if _in_replay at the same location of the save. Then I load the save again after implementing the code, will that not break it since the start point of the save has changed?

Just so you know...I'm too lazy to check that myself at the moment. :D
Ren'Py attempts to rollback to a previously known location (which leads to the famous error that people see when saves are borked). But that usually indicates that the dev renamed or deleted the label they were in. In this scenario, it should rollback to the label and run code from the beginning. In fact, I tested just that with a save point where Sara says "Hello?" and added this code:
Python:
label johnmaryc:
    if _in_replay:
        "This is a working save in a replay."

scene johnsara04e
    Sara"Hello?"
    Sara"Yeah."

Reactions: ename144

Sod!

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2019
Ren'Py attempts to rollback to a previously known location (which leads to the famous error that people see when saves are borked). But that usually indicates that the dev renamed or deleted the label they were in. In this scenario, it should rollback to the label and run code from the beginning. In fact, I tested just that with a save point where Sara says "Hello?" and added this code:
Python:
label johnmaryc:
    if _in_replay:
        "This is a working save in a replay."

scene johnsara04e
    Sara"Hello?"
    Sara"Yeah."
Perfect, thanks!

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Perfect, thanks!
I was debating when revising my mod to extend the galleryList and the button action code to include scope variables to pass onto the replay. With some of the missing scene variations I might give it a try again. Definitely looking forward to a Steam release of the game though.

One other possible bug. Is the label jackfredleave meant to flow into jackreveal? It is strange that after the credits the story picks up again. Seems to missing a jump to properly end the chapter.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Damn, sorry devs, but Chapter 5B just doesn't ease my mind about the future of this narrative. I feel like nothing happened in this update, other than Jack appearing at the door at the very end (and holding some blackmail material?).
I will give Chapter 6 one more chance to prove me wrong, but this game has disappointed me.
And I'm not gonna even mention the 'game over' scenario right at the start of this update that essentially just SKIPS OVER the entire content of 5B if you choose not to acquiesce to Mary... that one stung a lot. Game Over screens are not looked favourably upon because they represent the illusion of choice - and that phenomen is a death sentence for choice-based games. Imagine if any Telltale games let you make the "wrong" choice and have the MC die before the story actually concluded...
There shouldn't be a wrong choice in a VN, just a different path; which is why you shouldn't even give the player the option to commit narrative suicide - rather, the dialogue options should be molded around forethought story paths.

As the author, let us say you want your plot to have 2 distinct paths, A and B. Now, the dialogue and choices should reflect which path the player is "choosing" by selecting the options given to him that lead either way. Game Over screens are like dead ends in a labyrinth, while a VN story is akin to parallel worlds. They are a part of different philosophies, and shouldn't be combined.

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
Oh, finally there are normal animations, it makes me happy. Even more modern and detailed renders of bodies and skin would be absolutely great.)
The only thing that bothers me is that the game over is here because of a divorce. Marie, frankly speaking, is not very interesting to me as a female character; there are more attractive female characters in the game. So if the plot allowed it, I would gladly divorce her and focus on other female characters. But instead, I constantly have to apologize to her and fulfill her wishes so as not to get a game over, it’s annoying...

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Oh, finally there are normal animations, it makes me happy. Even more modern and detailed renders of bodies and skin would be absolutely great.)
The only thing that bothers me is that the game over here is a scam. Marie, frankly speaking, is not very interesting to me as a female character; there are more attractive female characters in the game. So if the plot allowed it, I would gladly divorce her and focus on other female characters. But instead, I constantly have to apologize to her and fulfill her wishes so as not to get a game over, it’s annoying...
lol you make me want to download it check out the animations now but since the public release gonna have some fixes besides don't know if I can just look at the animations and not play it im doing my best to wait lmfao.

Mary is a weird one for me like I want to agree she isn't nearly as attractive compared some others. ( tho I still love her character) However once she gets naughty and im not just talking lewd scenes but even just some teasing or what have you all of sudden she becomes like a 11/ 10 to in terms of attractiveness for me. Like there are some scenes she is super hot and attractive to me and she has all her clothes on. ( not counting no makeup version of her)

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
lol you make me want to download it check out the animations now but since the public release gonna have some fixes besides don't know if I can just look at the animations and not play it im doing my best to wait lmfao.

Mary is a weird one for me like I want to agree she isn't nearly as attractive compared some others. ( tho I still love her character) However once she gets naughty and im not just talking lewd scenes but even just some teasing or what have you all of sudden she becomes like a 11/ 10 to in terms of attractiveness for me. Like there are some scenes she is super hot and attractive to me and she has all her clothes on. ( not counting no makeup version of her)
Here I agree with you and the scenes with her are excellent. But imagine if these scenes were with a more beautiful female character, how much better would they look?)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Here I agree with you and the scenes with her are excellent. But imagine if these scenes were with a more beautiful female character, how much better would they look?)
Yeah I get what you but also hard for to picture someone else after playing this game. I would need my memory erased for it not to feel off or weird if she all of sudden got a hotter looking rework haha.

• Haha
Reactions: HUNUTAN

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
I was debating when revising my mod to extend the galleryList and the button action code to include scope variables to pass onto the replay. With some of the missing scene variations I might give it a try again. Definitely looking forward to a Steam release of the game though.

One other possible bug. Is the label jackfredleave meant to flow into jackreveal? It is strange that after the credits the story picks up again. Seems to missing a jump to properly end the chapter.

Thanks will get that taken care of for weekend bug fix release.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Damn, sorry devs, but Chapter 5B just doesn't ease my mind about the future of this narrative. I feel like nothing happened in this update, other than Jack appearing at the door at the very end (and holding some blackmail material?).
I will give Chapter 6 one more chance to prove me wrong, but this game has disappointed me.
And I'm not gonna even mention the 'game over' scenario right at the start of this update that essentially just SKIPS OVER the entire content of 5B if you choose not to acquiesce to Mary... that one stung a lot. Game Over screens are not looked favourably upon because they represent the illusion of choice - and that phenomen is a death sentence for choice-based games. Imagine if any Telltale games let you make the "wrong" choice and have the MC die before the story actually concluded...
There shouldn't be a wrong choice in a VN, just a different path; which is why you shouldn't even give the player the option to commit narrative suicide - rather, the dialogue options should be molded around forethought story paths.

As the author, let us say you want your plot to have 2 distinct paths, A and B. Now, the dialogue and choices should reflect which path the player is "choosing" by selecting the options given to him that lead either way. Game Over screens are like dead ends in a labyrinth, while a VN story is akin to parallel worlds. They are a part of different philosophies, and shouldn't be combined.
Not sure which path you are playing fully. I am guessing full on cheating from what you are saying here. That path, in our narrative, that is the netorare path. So if you cheat then NTR is coming for you, to what degree depends on choices you make.

4.20 star(s) 29 Votes