Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Okay, simarimas . One thing I would suggest is, the poker games. Each time you play it, the MC tells the girl it is his first time. I'm on the second game, tried both girls, and they both say the same. Maybe, if you can, you should make it where it knows it's your second time playing, and says something to the effect. Something like "I've only played once or twice before" or something. Just a thought.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Okay, simarimas . One thing I would suggest is, the poker games. Each time you play it, the MC tells the girl it is his first time. I'm on the second game, tried both girls, and they both say the same. Maybe, if you can, you should make it where it knows it's your second time playing, and says something to the effect. Something like "I've only played once or twice before" or something. Just a thought.
I had thought we had done that, to tell the truth, but that was 2 years ago when we wrote that. I will definitely look into it, and make that adjustment. Thank you!

We also had planned on that being an actual minigame that you could play, but the guy who was coding it disappeared on us, so we decided to make it just choice based. I am hoping, in the future, that we can fix that and make the game playable.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
yeah I played it and honestly don't see it as a big deal anyways. I have yet to see how it plays out in this update but I checked out the "game over" people complained about not ready to play the update just yet. I don't see the big deal of the whole "game over" thing, it just takes you in another direction of branching for the final update and ends the update quickly which makes sense , since this game is about Fred and Mary not just Fred. Not like Fred is building a harem or has a second secret girlfriend all of his cheating was a fling and nothing serious. Sure they could of spent extra time to show scenes of him kicking Mary out and packing her bags small things like that but wasn't needed either and waste of time especially for a path they didn't want to introduce to begin with.

also simarimas not sure what kind of game your next one will be but if it has some similar elements to this one if I may id have a recommendation even if it's a bit early since you still have Chapter 6 to create. If it has NTR and you handle it the same as this one where it depends on how often and how many times the MC cheats. I think it was a bit of a missed opportunity in this game on the cheating path that all the times Fred cheats was a fling but never had a secret girlfriend. Tho that might of been a bit to much out of character for Fred to have such a path all the same I think that could of been an interesting alternative path on the cheating branch.
I don't think we will use the same 'number of cheats' in the next games. However, that doesn't mean we can't do the 'girlfriend on the side' for those. I do think it wouldn't have fit as well in ALWL, though it could have I suppose as the story got into Ch5.

Thanks for the ideas. We will take it into consideration.

Reactions: Will619

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Oh so you're just replying to comments without any idea why they were made in the first place. That's not my problem. Go back a page or two if you are confused. Surely it will take less time than typing 200 words.

"If I told my friend or girlfriend "See that couple over there, they're actually swingers!" her reaction would be like "OMG weird!"

If i told her "Yeah that couple over there, the guy is a cuckold and she fucks around then tells him about it" she'd be like "OMG that's kinda sad". Totally different things."

That sort of casual broaching of swinging/cuckoldry strikes me as really unnatural. I can't imagine anyone talking like this. Even just trying to talk about it in a forum like this is pretty odd. Swinging and cuckoldry both go against the most basic instinct of a human.

And I'm sure if you added on "and his girlfriend is pregnant with some other guy's kid" her reaction would be a lot different. But that doesn't mean that swinging, or god forbid, "normal" cuckoldry in general are somehow not cuckoldry now. Swinging is not as bad as the second example you gave, but it's still NTR by definition, because it would illicit jealousy in the vast majority of people.
Really? You can't imagine someone saying "That couple is into swinging?" I have had several couples tell me they are. My wife and I have been invited to join some even. My wife is not into it, so it didn't happen. But while she thought it was strange, and wondered how people could do it, she wasn't disgusted by it.

And if you said "That girl screws other guys, and her husband likes to watch while she humiliates him." Now, you would get a different reaction from people.

Now, if someone said. "That guy fucks his mom and sisters." How do you think that reaction would be? Worse than for swinging? I would bet so.

Or "Those girls all fuck the same guy, and they are all fine with it." Some guys might think that would be cool, but most people would think it was a cult.

Sod!

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2019
Probably banned again. This would be his 5th or 6th account and he likes to boast about how he keeps coming back which inevitably gets him gone again. Dude could walk into a shed full of rubber mallets and still not be the sharpest tool in it.
No self-respect? Gets kicked out from here, but still comes back for the same thing. :)

• Haha
Reactions: simarimas
Apr 1, 2024
Really? You can't imagine someone saying "That couple is into swinging?" I have had several couples tell me they are. My wife and I have been invited to join some even. My wife is not into it, so it didn't happen. But while she thought it was strange, and wondered how people could do it, she wasn't disgusted by it.
Well I do not know where you live, but this has not been my experience. And yes, I cannot imagine bringing it up out of the blue like you're talking about someone's favorite color, given it's the most instinctually abnormal behavior out there.

Comparing incest to cuckoldry or swinging is like comparing someone who eats shit to someone who was the victim of rape. One is a delicate topic that involves a clear victim, and the other is just someone doing something really stupid. People even use "inbred" as a term for moron. People see the husband involved in cuckoldry or swinging as a victim. At the same time, like I said earlier, it's very uncanny, and people don't like talking about subjects like this. Obviously as the dev of this game, you don't mind, and it's not surprising that your wife is not that bothered about it. But for most people, these topics are just too weird to talk about.

Whereas incest has been normalized, and we feel like we can talk about it (with our non-family members). Maybe because we all find it physically repulsive, but at the same time, there's no victim involved, just two idiots. So yes, regardless of if it's your wife or someone else, they would probably have more to say about incest. But most people would feel more pissed off about swinging/cuckoldry.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Well I do not know where you live, but this has not been my experience. And yes, I cannot imagine bringing it up out of the blue like you're talking about someone's favorite color, given it's the most instinctually abnormal behavior out there.

Comparing incest to cuckoldry or swinging is like comparing someone who eats shit to someone who was the victim of rape. One is a delicate topic that involves a clear victim, and the other is just someone doing something really stupid.
Folks, you can't make this shit up. o_O

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018

Comparing incest to cuckoldry or swinging is like comparing someone who eats shit to someone who was the victim of rape. One is a delicate topic that involves a clear victim, and the other is just someone doing something really stupid. People even use "inbred" as a term for moron. People see the husband involved in cuckoldry or swinging as a victim. At the same time, like I said earlier, it's very uncanny, and people don't like talking about subjects like this. Obviously as the dev of this game, you don't mind, and it's not surprising that your wife is not that bothered about it. But for most people, these topics are just too weird to talk about.

Whereas incest has been normalized, and we feel like we can talk about it (with our non-family members). Maybe because we all find it physically repulsive, but at the same time, there's no victim involved, just two idiots. So yes, regardless of if it's your wife or someone else, they would probably have more to say about incest. But most people would feel more pissed off about swinging/cuckoldry.
I just looked up some statistics. Between 4% and 8% of couples in the USA have had consensual non monogamous relationships. While that isn't real high, it definitely isn't none. It is more than I would have expected. And is about the same as the amount of gay people in the USA.

And, to your point about seeing the husband as the victim. the stats show that 67% of women would leave their husband for wanting an open relationship, while 46% of men would leave their partner for it. So men seem more open to it than women, not the other way around. Which to me makes sense, as for men, sex is usually physical, where for women it is usually emotional.

So it isn't nearly as rare as we would think, nor as abhorrent as you might expect.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
No. Absolutely not. I adamantly reject this hypothesis.

Most people off the street definitely do not use cuckoldry and swinging interchangeably. If I told my friend or girlfriend "See that couple over there, they're actually swingers!" her reaction would be like "OMG weird!"

If i told her "Yeah that couple over there, the guy is a cuckold and she fucks around then tells him about it" she'd be like "OMG that's kinda sad". Totally different things.

Ironically, off the street people would be much more LIKELY to equate terms like "harem" and "sex slave ring", at least in the modern day context where the former regularly occurs.

I don't know why I'm getting goaded into this debate, ill stop now, the game has both swinging and netorare tags, so frankly I don't even know what we're arguing....both are there in broad daylight, but you seem to be saying one shouldn't be there? or the tags have no use? I dont know, and I shouldnt care.
Why would being a cuckold be sad if it's what he wants? Hotwifing is fucking hot bro.

4.20 star(s) 30 Votes