Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
1639941500228.png
1639941582167.png 1639941604244.png

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update IV

Greetings,
I've finished the environment and some extra assets for this scene. I think most assets turned out great and the location has it's charm. I maybe need to tweak some of the colors, but at the moment I think it works.

Current status
~ 80 rendered and edited images
~ 10% scripting done

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018

1642027507262.png

Greetings,
today it will be a somewhat longer post. Talk-topics are editing, rendering scenes, workflow, music, next tasks and of course the current status.

Current status
~ 120 rendered and edited images
~ 15% of scripting done

1642027624399.png

Greetings,
happy new year to everyone. After that's done. Let's start the new year with frustration...

Current status
~ 150 rendered and edited images
~ 15% of scripting done

1642027704218.png

Greetings,
I'll keep it short this time.
Past week I kept trying to resolve the problem with rendering animations but it didn't work out as I hoped for, instead I finished rendering 1 animation frame by frame... Not a good approach.
I worked on a few smaller scenes and could even reuse some renders from the past episode too, to be able to script some scenes without rendering many new images.
Also, I had a look into after effects scripting to automate some daily tasks. This will definitely save me a bit of time.
Coming week, I'll probably setup the scenes for 2 bigger scenes but real life job will keep me very busy next week.

Current status
~ 190 rendered and edited images
- 1 animation
~ 20% of scripting done

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Marvellous Lunatic you might find this interesting.
Indeed, interesting, thanks for linking.

From what I read you shouldn't worry too much that the games or the story of the games could be too similar. Other than having the kick-off with waking up from cryo-sleep there shouldn't be much else in common. As already mentioned the scenario with waking up from cryo-sleep isn't very unique as there are already quite a few movies and games which use similar kick-off's for their stories, like the movie 'Passengers'. For the game you linked, even the circumstances for the wake-up is already very different.
Even visual-wise the games should differ a lot as I use many own modeled environments to be a little more unique.

However, I can see they may sound a bit a-like from a quick view/read but like I said, I'm fairly certain the games are very different and will have very different stories to tell.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Indeed, interesting, thanks for linking.

From what I read you shouldn't worry too much that the games or the story of the games could be too similar. Other than having the kick-off with waking up from cryo-sleep there shouldn't be much else in common. As already mentioned the scenario with waking up from cryo-sleep isn't very unique as there are already quite a few movies and games which use similar kick-off's for their stories, like the movie 'Passengers'. For the game you linked, even the circumstances for the wake-up is already very different.
Even visual-wise the games should differ a lot as I use many own modeled environments to be a little more unique.

However, I can see they may sound a bit a-like from a quick view/read but like I said, I'm fairly certain the games are very different and will have very different stories to tell.
I'm not gonna download the other game, but based on what I've read in that thread and having taken a look at those preview pics, you wouldn't have anything to fear anyway. It's no match for yours (y)

Reactions: Hornyowl

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I'm not gonna download the other game, but based on what I've read in that thread and having taken a look at those preview pics, you wouldn't have anything to fear anyway. It's no match for yours (y)
Moreover, it doesn't have anything to do with this game.

This story's about a colonial spaceship travelling to a new planet. The "other" game's about a spacestation orbiting around the Earth.

F95 Zone is really a weird place: it's full of tons of games about 20 something NEETS with a magical penis whose father just died who happen to go living with a 40 something landlady who looks like a teen with marble breasts and ass, a smoking hot female landlady's female friend and 2 hot daughters - younger one all lovey-dovey and older one who despises him at first - who think that Magical Penis is the only male in the world... and No One has nothing to complain about plot similarities...

BUT whenever someone starts developing something different... here you are, some random dude arrives and starts writing some crap about it. That's something, you know.

Reactions: f95sunrise

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Moreover, it doesn't have anything to do with this game.

This story's about a colonial spaceship travelling to a new planet. The "other" game's about a spacestation orbiting around the Earth.

F95 Zone is really a weird place: it's full of tons of games about 20 something NEETS with a magical penis whose father just died who happen to go living with a 40 something landlady who looks like a teen with marble breasts and ass, a smoking hot female landlady's female friend and 2 hot daughters - younger one all lovey-dovey and older one who despises him at first - who think that Magical Penis is the only male in the world... and No One has nothing to complain about plot similarities...

BUT whenever someone starts developing something different... here you are, some random dude arrives and starts writing some crap about it. That's something, you know.
You are male protagonist part of a species preservation effort along with many other volunteers. Suspended in cryostasis you suddenly awake from your chamber aboard Space Station Solaris. Only to discover you've awakened early...
As I said, I never played the other game, but based on the overview that I quoted the game's premise is strinkingly similar to this one's, which is the only thing that I wanted to point out.
Crappy incest stories are par for the course; teenage perv surrounded by hot females, school stories and no dad.
But a space story where some people are cryogenized for years in order to lead a mission for the survival of human species is, in my opinion, a tad more original than some incest bullshit.
You wrote that because this is only the second game with a similar theme. If other games about guys waking up from cryostasis two early on a spaceship started appearing every other month, I have no doubt that people would say "ok, this is weird; imagination is free, but we must give Marvellous Lunatic credit for being the first one to touch on this theme on this site."

BTW, this random dude has defended you in the past when other random dudes were giving you shit in the Summer Scent thread.
A presto.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
As I said, I never played the other game, but based on the overview that I quoted the game's premise is strinkingly similar to this one's, which is the only thing that I wanted to point out.
Crappy incest stories are par for the course; teenage perv surrounded by hot females, school stories and no dad.
But a space story where some people are cryogenized for years in order to lead a mission for the survival of human species is, in my opinion, a tad more original than some incest bullshit.
You wrote that because this is only the second game with a similar theme. If other games about guys waking up from cryostasis two early on a spaceship started appearing every other month, I have no doubt that people would say "ok, this is weird; imagination is free, but we must give Marvellous Lunatic credit for being the first one to touch on this theme on this site."

BTW, this random dude has defended you in the past when other random dudes were giving you shit in the Summer Scent thread.
A presto.
But I'm not arguing with you ;)

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update VIII
1643563070595.png

Greetings,

I'll keep it short again. I worked on the scene in the club only, but managed to get quite a few renders done. However, the scene isn't finished yet so I'll continue to work on this scene.

Current status
~ 270 rendered and edited images
- 1 animation
~ 25% of scripting done

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update IX
1643563106578.png

Greetings,

I'll keep it short again. Got the booster shot last week and got pretty much knocked out. I'm still feeling not well, but it should pass the coming days. Anyway, I finished another track specially composed for the club scene and I'm kinda happy with how the track turned out. The track can be listened to in the higher Patreon tier discord channel. Render-wise I try to finish this scene today and will start working on another big scene next week.

Current status
~ 315 rendered and edited images
- 1 animation
~ 30% of scripting done
- 4 tracks

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update X
1643563208804.png
1643563219848.png 1643563242206.png 1643563246391.png

Greetings,

I'm currently working on the scene in the pool as can be seen above. So, progress is running smoothly and I hope to finish this scene in the coming week.
For those who are interested I'll write a bit more about some technical aspects of the scene, like water and caustics and a short talk about image-processing and file-formats. The current status of the update will be at the bottom as always.

Current status
~ 370 rendered and edited images
- 1 animation
~ 35% of scripting done
- 4 tracks

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update XI
1645379733822.png

Greetings,

The pool scene is finished and I'm pretty happy with it. There are a few shading issues that I will try to fix in post but for the moment I'll keep focusing on rendering the other scenes.

Current status
~ 445 rendered and edited images
- 1 animation
~ 40% of scripting done
- 4 tracks

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update XII
1645379853573.png
Greetings,

this week came with more progress than I initially expected to. So that's a good thing I guess. This time I'll talk about a bit of the current state of the scripting and about the flow of some scenes, more music and a few other things.

Current status
~ 500 rendered and edited images
- 2 animations (1 lewd)
~ 50% of scripting done
- 6 (maybe 7) tracks

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update XIII
1645380002729.png

Greetings,

I'll keep it short this time as I've caught a cold (no covid). Progress was okay this week despite being ill. Anyway, good news! Just 3 more smaller scenes to render and finishing the big scene of the update together with a few more animations. So the completion of the update is getting closer. However, I'm not sure how far I will stretch the last bigger scene so I won't give any estimation on a release date. Once I'm done with all the major scenes I'll release an alpha build to the Messier-Tier. The build won't be finished as I've not taken care of the free roam stuff, like secrets, yet.
On another note, I'll post a vote this week for the Galilei+ Tiers where the theme for the 4K Render reward can be chosen.

Current status
~ 540 rendered and edited images
- 3 animations (2 lewd)
~ 75% of scripting done
- 6 (maybe 7) tracks

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Looks like a new update is coming soon :D:D

Btw, I wonder why this render

was blurred? :HideThePain:

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update XIV
1647253775182.png

Greetings,

I'm still not fully recovered. Not sure why its stretching so long this time but anyway, I keep going, even if it's a bit slower.
Anyway, I finished all smaller scenes and work on the last images for the last big scene. I hope I'll finish this scene this week. While working on the scene I finished another animation and will render at least one more this week. I retouched a few older shots and finished most of the script. Only the last scene is missing and a few flow commands and maybe some additional / optional images.

Current status

~ 570 rendered and edited images
- 4 animations (3 lewd)
~ 92% of scripting done
- 6 (maybe 7) tracks

Kind regards,
ML

[Episode Deneb] Progress Update XV
1647253829359.png

Greetings,

it's nearly done. Just a few things here and there. The Alpha-Build should be ready within the next few days. Only a few additional images are left and some scripting in the background. I took some time to enhance my development tools / scripts. I forgot how complicated it was to add a new location in the network.
The Alpha-Build will be probably missing some tracks and the secrets as I haven't had time to get them done yet. But they are the immediate next task and will be featured in the official release of course.
Overall I'm pretty happy with how everything is coming together and I'm looking forward for your feedback when it's released.

4K Render-Reward Poll Result

The winner is the pool scene featuring Sany and Elios.

Current status

~ 600 rendered and edited images
- 6 animations (5 lewd)
~ 95% of scripting done
- 6 (maybe 7) tracks

[Episode Deneb] Release
1647253903492.png

Greetings,

it's finally done. Took way longer than I expected it to be, especially on the last few bits, but here it is and I hope you can enjoy the new content. I just want to mention I had too change quite a lot in back-end and hope I didn't break anything while doing so. So please let me know if you encounter any problems. Another little down-side, I didn't manage to add the music to the free-roam mode and to the older chapter. I'll try to put them in a new build sometime next week.

Story Content

The new update will start a bit slower and will focus on trying to solve their situation with the available tools they have and most important Selene and MC will spent more time together, get to know each other better and get closer. Also, there will be more background stories of Selene, MC and his companions.
However, this episode is setup to have a build-up and I promise this episode will have a climax and an interesting ending.
The length of this episode should be similar to the previous one.

Content

~ 600 rendered and edited images
- 6 animations (5 lewd)
- 6 music tracks
- 3 secrets
- new Mini-game (DJ Controller)
- 2 new locations (pool and dance club)

[Episode Deneb] 4K Render Reward & more
1647254219919.png

Greetings,

here is this updates 4K render reward as voted by the poll a few weeks ago. I've spent some time on getting the look of the caustics the way I wanted them too look and I think it turned out not too bad for a fake.
I'm adding the vertical scroll images from last episode as well and one.

One more image

And I got another bonus. It's a 4K version from one of my favorite shots of this episode. As it is a major Spoiler for this episode I just link the image instead of putting it here directly in case someone doesn't want to get spoilered.

[General] Progress Update
1647253980322.png

Greetings,

I'm keeping it short as there isn't much to say. Last week I released the update and published the render rewards. I'm currently very busy in real life and therefor couldn't get anything done on the game. I will be busy for a few more days but coming next weekend I should be back on content creating.
Kind regards.

Astravanger

Feb 15, 2021
Gonna join in on the adventure, donno if was mentioned before but I really hope the developer doesn't jinx the save files with every version so after updates I could continue.

All the best to the dev!

Reactions: Marvellous Lunatic

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Gonna join in on the adventure, donno if was mentioned before but I really hope the developer doesn't jinx the save files with every version so after updates I could continue.

All the best to the dev!
I have migration scripts for every version. If I don't mess up at some point you should be able to continue at the any point. The only exception is the very first tech-demo. If you came back from the tech-demo just now you would have to delete the save-game folder. How to do it is explained in op.

Kind regards.

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes