Aug 15, 2021
Last edited:

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
still not Pregnancy and Incest in the game??
No, and won't be for a while. The first chapter will take me longer than I expected in the beginning.

If anybody else has trouble opening the game on mac try following the instructions for mac from this game: https://f95zone.to/threads/hail-dicktator-v0-39-2-hachigames.51437/ (its in the installation section).

For this game using the default archive utility gave an error however using unarchiver lets me open the game.

Also I get the following error : @Marvellous Lunatic

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a shame, I thought that maybe the MAC version would work as well when I managed to get Linux and Android working, but it seems not to be the case. I'll will look for a solution but will remove the link from OP for the while. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I seriously can't stand visual novels that don't give you the option for instant text. Trying to follow white text as it scrolls slowly onto the screen is just headache-inducing. Seriously, though, who reads as slow as even the fastest text speed allows?
On the fastest setting, it should take only 1 frame to render the text but there seems to be bug where the option from the settings isn't taken in count. I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Custom translations
In case someone would like to make translations feel free to use this templates. If you add your name in line 7 "translator" you are automatically added to the credits for anyone who has the translation files 'installed'. The filename has to be unique. Files need to be placed in the following folder:
%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Marvellous Lunatic\A Long Journey\userData\Languages

Last edited:

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
No, and won't be for a while. The first chapter will take me longer than I expected in the beginning.

That's a shame, I thought that maybe the MAC version would work as well when I managed to get Linux and Android working, but it seems not to be the case. I'll will look for a solution but will remove the link from OP for the while. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On the fastest setting, it should take only 1 frame to render the text but there seems to be bug where the option from the settings isn't taken in count. I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Custom translations
In case someone would like to make translations feel free to use this templates. If you add your name in line 7 "translator" you are automatically added to the credits for anyone who has the translation files 'installed'. The filename has to be unique. Files need to be placed in the following folder:
%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Marvellous Lunatic\A Long Journey\userData\Languages
The french translation is in progress. I don't know how long it's going to take. Might not be finished before the next release but, at least the previous chapters will have been done. :)

kwiatos

Oct 12, 2020
Lol, I can't find capsule where MC sleep.
How to progress first quest in this update?

Last edited:

LivingPaper

Feb 19, 2018
How exactly do I install the Apk? I hit install, but Android says there is an issue.

Should I move the Obb somewhere?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Lol, I can't find capsule where MC sleep.
How to progress first quest in this update?
Go round the Residential Ring (green colors) to the "Main Hallway - Cryo Chambers" section.
Enter the door off the main ring which is named "Cryo Hallway - Room 69".
Enter the door "Cryo Room 0069".
Click the Cryo chambers one by one to get the backstory of the characters and complete the first quest.

(Note that you can use the SD "map" to move directly to the main hall in front of each facility.)

kwiatos

Oct 12, 2020
Go round the Residential Ring (green colors) to the "Main Hallway - Cryo Chambers" section.
Enter the door off the main ring which is named "Cryo Hallway - Room 69".
Enter the door "Cryo Room 0069".
Click the Cryo chambers one by one to get the backstory of the characters and complete the first quest.

(Note that you can use the SD "map" to move directly to the main hall in front of each facility.)
Ehh, you don't undarstand... The first quest IN THIS UPDATE. The hint system order me go to capsule room number 0042, I find this room but there is nothing clickable exept restroom for women/men.
PS. btw thx for answer

Reactions: osanaiko

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Any plans for an asian woman?
Sany, the woman from the JOI scene, is supposed to be from south asia. Other than her none is the main roaster for now.

How exactly do I install the Apk? I hit install, but Android says there is an issue.

Should I move the Obb somewhere?
Could you try this:
But you are right I haven't tried a manual installation myself. Only from within Unity. Will test it myself later when I have time.

Anyone else getting an Audiomixer popup error message when trying to load a save?
A migration script for old saves should prevent this. Could you pm me your old save file and the exception message perhaps? You can copy it directly from the exception screen itself.

Ehh, you don't undarstand... The first quest IN THIS UPDATE. The hint system order me go to capsule room number 0042, I find this room but there is nothing clickable exept restroom for women/men.
PS. btw thx for answer
1658671889133.png

• Love
Nov 12, 2020
Hmm, interesting story, good looking renders, beautiful animations...
Only concern is the time it's going to take to get anywhere meaningful I guess, I assume we don't get teased with like 8 extra characters during one of the first quest only to never have them in the game (although the banner doesn't include them either, but I feel a lot of people will feel cheated if none of those make it into the game). But I guess time will tell and we'll see how it goes.

In either case, best of luck with the game!

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Hmm, interesting story, good looking renders, beautiful animations...
Only concern is the time it's going to take to get anywhere meaningful I guess, I assume we don't get teased with like 8 extra characters during one of the first quest only to never have them in the game (although the banner doesn't include them either, but I feel a lot of people will feel cheated if none of those make it into the game). But I guess time will tell and we'll see how it goes.

In either case, best of luck with the game!
Thanks. To me this part of the story is already meaningful but I understand what you mean. I simply underestimated how long I would need to create the "introduction" / first chapter. I like how the story unfolds and won't rush anything. It will still be a while till I get to the next chapter as I still have a lot to tell for this chapter.

kwiatos

Oct 12, 2020
Sany, the woman from the JOI scene, is supposed to be from south asia. Other than her none is the main roaster for now.

Could you try this:
But you are right I haven't tried a manual installation myself. Only from within Unity. Will test it myself later when I have time.

A migration script for old saves should prevent this. Could you pm me your old save file and the exception message perhaps? You can copy it directly from the exception screen itself.

View attachment 1943765
I can't click on this , I don't know why.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
I have to say this is probably the best Unity visual novel I've seen from a technical perspective. Was there some framework you used or is this all custom-built?
Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's completely custom build. I only use a few packages that help me on a technical aspect. Like reading in webp files (Unity doesn't do this by default) or a better JSon handler. But the whole logic for the game, ui and all that is custom.
It started quite a while ago with a tutorial series on yt for vn's for Unity but there isn't much left of that.
My code obviously still has some flaws but I keep trying to make it more robust.

I can't click on this , I don't know why.
Could you send me your save-file? Probably best to zip the folder in this location: %userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Marvellous Lunatic

FullyAnimated

Jul 17, 2019
FullyAnimated said:
Anyone else getting an Audiomixer popup error message when trying to load a save?
Thanks for the kind offer Marvellous Lunatic - already started a new game - so no worries.

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes