TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
I have no experience with URM, so I wouldn't know how it affects the issue. It might exacerbate the issue for all I know. This issue was for "Background Music Volume" in the preferences. It was an issue because it's a custom sound channel that was coded to reset but I removed it in the most recent update to have the same code as the other sound channels that don't have the issue. I just tested it and it works for me, so I'm not sure what this issue would be now. I'll have to take another look at it before the next update.
URM isn't anything to do with it, I was just trying (and failing) to fix it with that. It does it whether URM is installed or not. The slider for "background music volume" resets to about 25% every time I open the game. This is in Ep14 v0.32.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
URM isn't anything to do with it, I was just trying (and failing) to fix it with that. It does it whether URM is installed or not. The slider for "background music volume" resets to about 25% every time I open the game. This is in Ep14 v0.32.
Sorry. I just took another look at the code. The default volume is set to 0.25, which is probably the issue. On my end, it doesn't reset, so I'm not able to replicate it. You'd have to go into the code and delete that line of code or change it manually for the time being.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Sorry. I just took another look at the code. The default volume is set to 0.25, which is probably the issue. On my end, it doesn't reset, so I'm not able to replicate it. You'd have to go into the code and delete that line of code or change it manually for the time being.
I tried a fresh installation, as there's no reason it would be right for you and not me. Turns out it's the MultiMod linked in the OP that's causing it to reset, as I've not reinstalled that (it doesn't look like it actually does much useful if I'm not looking to cheat, which I'm not) and the BGM slider now stays on zero as it should. Thanks for looking at it anyway!

4.20 star(s) 92 Votes