Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Episode 6 Final Progress Update

This'll be the final progress update because I'm pretty close. If I do have to do another progress update, it should be just fixing bugs, typos, and polishing.
Quick recap. Renders are finished. Animations are finished. I have one scene I need to finish writing. I should probably get it done this weekend. After that, to finish putting the episode together I need to do some coding.
Coding includes putting in music, sound effects, animations and adding the final credits images. Then after that, I have to do a few playthroughs to make sure nothing breaks. I also have to make sure choices divert you toward the correct dialogue paths.
I won't be posting any more previews because they'd be spoilers at this point. I figure you might as well just play it for yourself.
After everything is put together, I'm gonna polish everything as much as possible. That means cleaning up typos, bugs and rewriting things to improve the dialogue. No timetable on any of this but I can see the finish line.
Thanks for sticking it out with me, everybody. I put together an episode with a lot of story and an event bigger than anything that's happened so far. I can't wait for you all to see it for yourselves.
With that, I'll be hunkering down and finishing the episode off.
If you have any requests for the episode, let me know. Take care. Talk to you soon.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
To be honest, I can't find any statement from VenusWaltz about a release date anywhere.
So I'm a bit confused now. :oops:

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
To be honest, I can't find any statement from VenusWaltz about a release date anywhere.
So I'm a bit confused now. :oops:
Read the update you posted yourself.

I won't be posting any more previews because they'd be spoilers at this point. I figure you might as well just play it for yourself.
After everything is put together, I'm gonna polish everything as much as possible. That means cleaning up typos, bugs and rewriting things to improve the dialogue. No timetable on any of this but I can see the finish line.
It's close, but he's not committing to a date.

charlesrich

May 30, 2021
If it's a week or two weeks or a month, just rest easy knowing it is coming, he's working hard and he's committed to moving forward. I'd rather wait an extra week then get a bug riddled mess and have to download a hot fix after playing it for an hour and having the saves blow up

Reactions: Spatenklopper

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
There's a lot of dialogue in this update, so that means there's a lot of editing. I'm pretty paranoid about coding errors because I missed a giant one in the last update and just caught it at the last second before release.

I appreciate the enthusiasm for the update. Thanks for waiting.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
It's hard to estimate an approximate amount of dialogue because there's just code and I put a lot of blank spaces into it, too. But a rough estimate, I'd say take the length of the last episode and add about 20% to it. I could be way off though. I only know for sure that it's longer than the last episode.

bittu_25

Jan 7, 2022
There's a lot of dialogue in this update, so that means there's a lot of editing. I'm pretty paranoid about coding errors because I missed a giant one in the last update and just caught it at the last second before release.

I appreciate the enthusiasm for the update. Thanks for waiting.
So when we can expect the update?next week?

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
from the amount of work left as he said it will take at least 1 month. Maybe he can do faster but expect no less.

• Sad
Reactions: bittu_25

pronzcowboy

Aug 9, 2017
Also highly interested to know. If it's 'I'm canceling the project' I don't want to subscribe to patreon just to have him cancel the project.

4.20 star(s) 91 Votes