pronzcowboy

Aug 9, 2017
Also highly interested to know. If it's 'I'm canceling the project' I don't want to subscribe to patreon just to have him cancel the project.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Patreon VenusWaltz:

Freigeschaltet

Apologies and Accountability
I'm sorry that this update took particularly longer than my usual schedule. There were a lot of issues with this episode but I won't make any excuses. However, I would like to address some things going forward in hopes of improving some of the mistakes I made and how it will affect future updates. There are two things I want to do to help the development of future episodes.
The first thing I'm planning on doing is cutting down on the length of episodes. Shorter episodes means I should be able to get them done faster. One of my issues was trying to pack too much into this update. I thought I was at a point where the episode was nearly done and I realized I was only at the halfway point. From now on, I'll make shorter, tighter episodes. I think this will give episodes better focus and allow me to nail down the main point of each episode. If this were a TV show, think of this like cutting down from one-hour episodes to half-hour episodes.
The second thing I plan on doing is building a new computer. My computer is pretty old though I upgraded my graphics card for renders. But it's still dated enough that progress gets slow when I have to render certain images. I'm using a PC that I never planned on doing any rendering with. So I'm planning on putting together a new machine that's better than what I'm using and built strictly with development in mind. It'll be tricky because video cards in particular are hard to get these days. I have a lot of big plans for where the story goes and new hardware will help in making episodes not just faster but better. And if I new hardware is good enough, maybe I can make long episodes again while putting out updates at a reasonable pace. I don't have a time table but I'm doing what I can to make it happen.
So those are the two things I'm planning. Shorter episodes and new hardware. That's how I plan on putting out updates faster so you can just play updates instead of reading about them. Things don't always go to plan but that's what I'm going to try to do. Even after a year, I'm still figuring this thing out, so thanks for your support and patience while I'm learning.
I thought I would address this as we inch closer to the release of the next episode. I'll go into more details and talk about the specifics of the episode itself after the release.
In terms of Episode 6, everything is pretty much complete. I have to put in a few sound effects and finally add the credits but the episode is put together. What do I mean by put together? I mean that you can load up your save and go all the way through the episode and get to the end.
I plan on doing several playthroughs to edit typos, fix code, and make sure all of the videos, music, and sound effects is synced properly. There's a lot of dialogue to edit, so it will take a longer time than usual. When I edit dialogue, I do more than just fix typos. Sometimes I change lines completely if there's an improvement. For example, if Erika invites you to Old Town to fight somebody, I want her to say it in a way that Erika says it. I want the dialogue to have personality. That's what I'm doing when I edit dialogue and that's why it can take a long time when a particular conversation is just completely uninspired.
I always have free time on the weekend and that's what I'll be doing. You're always free to check in on the Discord or leave a comment. I'm more than happy to let you all know how things are going though I can't promise there'll always be progress.
Feel free to chime in with your thoughts, comments, suggestions or questions. I'm always listening. Thanks for your support, everybody. Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

4.20 star(s) 90 Votes