VN Ren'Py Completed A Moment of Bliss [v5.0.1 Final] [Lockheart]

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
... Two year time skip? Really? REALLY?
Hoo boy...

Yeah, that ending was a gut punch, but a good one. UNTIL the fucking time skip. So many loose threads and events that can't have just waited for 2 years.

I'm so disappointed. Is this Lockhearts temper tantrum because people rejected Penny for you thoughts? Cause rushed doesn't even BEGIN to describe this shit.

Reactions: MAD6999 and testo2

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
The time skip should have included a harem scene with all the girls; petal, bliss, rose, nixie and sin, to give it a more finished feel.
Looking forward to the Moon chapters and hopefully that will tie the story together and give everyone, Suzi included, a proper send off.

Reactions: testo2

testo2

May 5, 2018
Is this a harem game?
Not quite, it's polyamorous. MC is the only guy getting fucked, but the girls of the family have non-optional romantic and sexual interactions with each other (with MC's consent).

So... about the transhumanism thing. If we take the story seriously, the attraction to family members seems to be pretty inescapable and ubiquitous, sexual preferences do not seem to matter (or by some strange coincidence everyone is bi). Unfortunately that would mean that there's the same strong attraction between Rose and Chuck, and the fact that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
doesn't instill much confidence in Rose's proclaimed love for MC being genuine. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's how the story goes, but I think that's a pretty big plot hole, an inconsistency with the rest of the story. And another reason why the transhumanism storyline was a really bad idea.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Not quite, it's polyamorous. MC is the only guy getting fucked, but the girls of the family have non-optional romantic and sexual interactions with each other (with MC's consent).

So... about the transhumanism thing. If we take the story seriously, the attraction to family members seems to be pretty inescapable and ubiquitous, sexual preferences do not seem to matter (or by some strange coincidence everyone is bi). Unfortunately that would mean that there's the same strong attraction between Rose and Chuck, and the fact that
doesn't instill much confidence in Rose's proclaimed love for MC being genuine. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's how the story goes, but I think that's a pretty big plot hole, an inconsistency with the rest of the story. And another reason why the transhumanism storyline was a really bad idea.
The transhumanism storyline makes me feel very badly for Moon, who must be living a very lonely life without any family members to fuck. With any luck she managed to abscond with the family photo album so that she has something to Jill off to on those cold and lonely nights.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Nevertheless I think the developer(@Lockheart ) should look into how to load & UNLOAD animation from memory.

could also be a renpy version issue, i remember some other devs talking about how some 'updates' frequently break things. and they have to use an older version to fix it. Lockheart
Nah, it's a code issue, I looked at the scene he showed and it did similar to me, not nearly has high a usage though, 40%. A lot of devs make the mistake of using "show" to play a video, and not using the command "hide" to make it stop playing. The catch all command is to just use "scene" to play the video, it will close any image/video that has been displayed before it. That's why when the still image came back up the CPU usage went back to nothing, it closed anything that had been displayed.

You can fix this yourself if games do this to you buy unpacking the game and replacing "show" with "scene" when videos play. With how powerful CPUs have gotten, it's hard to catch things like this if you don't know about it already. I tested this fix on that scene and CPU usage was basically the same, within a few %.

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
thanks wurg . Very informative, i remember reading something similar in the comments previously.
I've a 10-12 years old computer. i7 2.8 Ghz 12Gig of ram, my graphic card is the 4th in the same machine. It's a Nvidia GT 730, and the only reason i've that specific card is because the 3 previous graphic card all broke because the 20-30$ fan on it stop spinning. This one has a 'radiator' on it...
I'm able to see 'poor coding' when other ppl see nothing wrong with it ;)

Reactions: wurg

Mar 14, 2020
Just played this game and the petal one, liked it a lot. Was this just recently completed? Excited for the next one although I know it's probably months away.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Just played this game and the petal one, liked it a lot. Was this just recently completed? Excited for the next one although I know it's probably months away.
Yes, this one just finished. Next game by Lockheart is The Judas Ghost, a Patreon-friendly one so he can make money, then Over the Moon comes at some point after that's started (or finished? I don't think he's said for sure either way).

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Just finished a replay of Petal last night after downloading this as a completed AVN a few days back. The continuity disconnects at the beginning are a bit disconcerting when Petal is so fresh in my mind. In APAT, Petal was suggested as being in her last year of HS by certain dialogue, while other dialogue suggested even younger, and now she's in a "gap year" instead; MC is still 39, but with Bliss at 19, Moon has to be 20, maybe 21, but that's pushing it if he got Rose pregnant after HS.

This is the problem with starting a series under a certain premise, then having to change the series in certain ways to adhere to certain arbitrary guidelines imposed by marketing sites and payment processors. Those imposing the guidelines probably don't give a flying fuck one way or the other, but are simply virtue signalling. Fake folks like that rile me up.

As for APAT, I had to redownload it as well because the way the poster packs the Lockheart games here can lead to things disappearing if you don't grab them all or unpack to "folder name" rather than unpack "here" (every other VN I've downloaded has automatically unpacked everything into a VN designated folder, rather than simply whatever folder the zip is in). What I discovered is that a bonus scene and certain other mods were made available after the initial "finalization" of the old APAT - worth the replay if you don't mind the continuity issues.

Wonder if there will be a similar version of "Bliss" issued in the next few months... If so, I may have to DL and restart/replay so the continuity can work out better.

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Something I've noticed after getting to the second major scene in Bliss: MC hasn't gone down on Petal, either in APAT or here.

Does Lockheart see this as a submissive act by the MC and is thus trying to avoid it? It's one of my favorite things to do, and I would expect that a man teaching a young woman about the joys of sex, and trying to move her along slowly before finally engaging in intercourse, would want to show her that, maybe as a sign of appreciation for fellatio or to get her used to the sensation of something other than fingers or inanimate objects in her most sensitive of places.

Maybe there's a scene like that ahead in Bliss. Hope so.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Ok, wow.

After nearly a week replaying Petal and now going through Bliss, I really hope Lockheart gets to Moon sooner rather than later.

Not entirely happy with the ending, but I understand it. It sounds like Moon will pick up some time after the Suzi incident, but before the end of Bliss and it will probably have another time jump of some sort - unless Moon still hasn't rejoined the fold prior to the time jump. :unsure:

This also makes me wonder which event will be canon: confiding in West and he kills Suzi, or not confiding in West, and the evil whore-bitch from hell kills Suzi.

It is fun watching the whole Lockheart universe come together, with Young Penny showing up and Lena at the end, as well as Jinx. With any luck, maybe he'll shine up Penny after Moon, and I'd really like to see the space adventure get made...

Lockheart is a talented dude - I'd enjoy spending lots of time in the universe he's created with the characters he's brought to life.

Maybe there's a real Suzi and she's doing all of this with him...:oops::ROFLMAO:

And then there was this:

Last edited:

ianr86

Dec 15, 2019
just downloaded mobile via mega, installed and comes up as a trojan warning?
is there a reason for this or a kind of false positive flag?

NeoStarr

Jul 2, 2017
Is all the music in this original or is this royalty free stuff? Where can I find the music if it's the ladder? Specifically the tune where Bliss and MC are talking about sex the first time while you were eating a banana

NeoStarr

Jul 2, 2017
So I found the sound. Space Invaders by Jae on da beat. It was on YouTube no its "no longer available" anyone else find it

CURUFINWE

Mar 14, 2022
galary unlock not working? all I see are the memories I unlocked already, not all the possible ones with option to unlock them

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
The game doesn't start out like there is any incest. Where is the incest? Is there a missing patch?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
The game doesn't start out like there is any incest. Where is the incest? Is there a missing patch?
The player defines the relationships involved in the game between the MC and Rose's daughters, about five minutes into the game, once you get the phone. Defaults are Guardian/Ward/Roommate/Sir/Rose, but it's pretty obviously Father/Daughter/Sister/Daddy (or Dad)/Mother (or Mom). You can also change them mid-game whenever you've got access to the phone.

(Edit: Also, the game tells you it's going to do this, within the first twenty lines of the game's text, during Myrabelle's introduction, right after you've chosen the MC's name.)

Last edited:

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
The player defines the relationships involved in the game between the MC and Rose's daughters, about five minutes into the game, once you get the phone. Defaults are Guardian/Ward/Roommate/Sir/Rose, but it's pretty obviously Father/Daughter/Sister/Daddy (or Dad)/Mother (or Mom). You can also change them mid-game whenever you've got access to the phone.

(Edit: Also, the game tells you it's going to do this, within the first twenty lines of the game's text, during Myrabelle's introduction, right after you've chosen the MC's name.)
Thank you, so much for that.

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes