VN Ren'Py Completed A Moment of Bliss [v5.0.1 Final] [Lockheart]

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I felt, "i don't need this science mumbo jumbo in my incest story" at first(funny enough i had no problems with Suzi, automatons etc), but since the whole thing about selecting what type of story you want came later(i think) i just stuck with the gene therapy thing and eventually it stopped annoying me.
It still annoys me to be honest. It just cheapens the whole experience.

The attraction of the incest genre is that people, both the player and the characters, are, at the same, time both attracted and repulsed by the taboo.

If you remove the taboo, you also lose a part of the reason to have incest in the first place.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

The attraction of the incest genre is that people, both the player and the characters, are, at the same, time both attracted and repulsed by the taboo.

If you remove the taboo, you also lose a part of the reason to have incest in the first place.
I get it, it is a weird call to go for "science" to explain why these girls are attracted to their dad (as if this sort of explanation is needed in the first place).
I just "ignored it" and stopped being bothered by it rather than liking to be honest.

Reactions: Pbgame and testo2

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
So, from reading some of the spoilered stuff here, it seems many of you got a different ending than me(except maybe the final scene). I think it all might boil down to the choice you made to hide or reveal what you knew about Suzi to Henry. I chose to tell him the truth, never saw Nixie's mother after that, last I saw of Nixie was sex at her place, writing the end of S1 of the comic, Rose getting a little frisky with her, meet Chuck with Rose, then home for a foursome, then Suzi is terminated, MC goes to yell at Henry, then two year time jump and the Suzi cliffhanger. Seems others got some different last few scenes involving Nixie and her mother(who I assume terminated Suzi).

OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
I think Lockheart is one of the best story writers in the AVN scene, but I was and still am against the whole gene thing being the cause of why they all ended up like that, to me it is akin to grooming, their choices are shaved away by something other than their own will, it felt like it totally went against what was built up to that point.
I did say my piece on here when it first happened more so in hopes of it not being heavily lean on rather than looking for a retcon which also still did not address what I felt myself and others viewed as what was wrong with it, I think I might understand why it was done this way, just to give a nice little package to address how this all could happen and allow some additional paths later on, I can also appreciate how neatly it achieves so much with so little, just wish it does not give the vibe the girls had no say in falling for their father.

Onto the ending, I agree about the 2 year time skip being a possibly poor choice leading into Over the Moon. We are ether gonna have to have a lot of flashbacks filling in stuff as it comes up or we gonna get a mid story start that rewinds to explain how things got to where they were. At least those are the two most likely outcomes I predict.
I personally also got the vibe MC was going through the motions of life than really enjoying after the 2 year time skip. If what I felt is correct it could be explained by MC being somewhat forcefully entwined to continue to work for Oberion even after killing a close entity to him as MC would not have another means to provide for his family that also allowed him the same freedom to spend with them. I'm also not sure how the relationship with Nixie would handle what happened as Nixie did seem to lean towards her mother in front of MC went off on her.
Then there will also be the aspect of how MC would be able to create a 2nd season without Suzi, I really cant see MC being able to work with another "AI" after what he just went through.
By no means am I saying there is no way out of this, I'm just worried if the story will have a smooth continuation rather than feeling forced or leaving out questions I'm sure many people would have.

To be clear I am looking forward to the 3rd instalment of the story and am wishing Lockheart all the best with it.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
So, from reading some of the spoilered stuff here, it seems many of you got a different ending than me(except maybe the final scene). I think it all might boil down to the choice you made to hide or reveal what you knew about Suzi to Henry. I chose to tell him the truth, never saw Nixie's mother after that, last I saw of Nixie was sex at her place, writing the end of S1 of the comic, Rose getting a little frisky with her, meet Chuck with Rose, then home for a foursome, then Suzi is terminated, MC goes to yell at Henry, then two year time jump and the Suzi cliffhanger. Seems others got some different last few scenes involving Nixie and her mother(who I assume terminated Suzi).
That's correct. It's the same events, and roughly the same dialogue, but who is involved depends which choice you made about telling Henry or not. We'll have to see in Over the Moon if that choice affects anything else, but I suspect it will not.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I was a little bummed out about the two year time skip at the end, but for all we know, Over the Moon might fill in what happened in that time gap, either right at the start, or through a series of flashbacks. I won't rule out that possibility until the first chapter of Over the Moon is released, whenever that might be.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Good game, was nice to give it a try now that it's finished. Looking forward to seing where everyone is at when the last part comes out/completes. Hopefully more group family fun in the last part, and we see where the 'adopted' family members like Nixie and Suzi end up.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
It has little impact on the overall plot; mostly some text differences.

Whether the Transhumanist line is better or not is in the eyes of the players. I do believe, though, that it is canon. If I remember correctly, the Naturalist story line (where the family's genetics were predisposed, as opposed to artificially engineered) was only added after so many people freaked out over the Transhumanist one.

I thoroughly disliked the Transhumanist reveal when it first came out, but have grown to accept it, and in fact, embrace it.
Agreed.

At least the transhumanist gave a (while far-fetched) slightly more plausible rationale justification for the behaviors in the story. It fit well with the "hey, we're 10-15 years past present time" approach to the story. Assuming the time frame of the story was the mid 2030's which I got the impression of early on somewhere in the story.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016

The attraction for some with the wincest genre. Some just like the idea of younger adults hooking up with (usually) safer older adults and them all having a blast with each other, minus shitty outside family drama, and the security that knowing people your entire lives and then presumably the "happily ever after" type ending.

Sure, some like the 'taboo' part of it, but sometimes that entire thing can be so poorly done it just drags the entire story down. Or the characters are so shallow and 2 dimensional it makes no sens if/when they do suddenly and magically "get over it" and jump into the sack together, humping like bunnies.

And there was a pretty strong hesitation among the adults at least ion the story (if not this one then the last story) with the idea of doing this type stuff. But it helps that I think the main driving forces in this one are young women, who are very seldom the main protags in these type games, normally some young dumb dude who's main train is huge cock and lots of cum, and frankly I think young women would be much more likely to spur something like this IRL than otherwise. It's a refreshing change of pace to not have "generic young dude #1005" be the MC in these type stories and the 'older land ladyt" putting up token resistance that everyone knows will fall because she too lonely/horney/frustrated/sad to resist her hormones.

That's more unrealistic than this story and this one had the entire sci-fi mcguffin involved. :D

Reactions: ArhraCole

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
walkthrough?
Completely not needed. I think there are maybe 3-4 choices in the game and they really only affect dialogue, not any major scenes (well you might get 1-2 different renders not much else).

At most, sdave before a choice, see it ahead for 4-5 dialogues, then roll back and choose other option, that's most of the differewnce it any, flavorings for conversation.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
The main thing I disliked about the ending was the two-year time jump. It cuts out just so much that we need to know about how things have gone in the mean-time with the various events leading up to that point and in the immediate aftermath. What were the ramifications of Nixie's last statements to her mother? How have the MC, Rose, Petal, and Bliss progressed their relationships since that foursome? How has Moon reacted? It just feels like there's so much important story missing in that section of time, because the events of the immediately following weeks would have had absolutely immense mental and psychological effects on those characters moving forward, and we didn't get to see them, and won't unless Lockheart starts Over the Moon near the start of that two-year period... Which would undercut the cliffhanger horribly and leave us without Suzi for a large segment of the game. I honestly can see a lot of negatives for both choices here, and while I do want to see what happens in Over the Moon, I suspect I'm going to be disappointed one way or the other.
Hmm...I still haven't picked this title back up after this scene. But I was wondering...it there is any outcome if MC tells him about the Suzi project, or if keeps it to himself? I remember that bitch (Nix's Mom), tried to mess with MC's relationships by taking Suzi offline so she couldn't warn him when Rose came home and caught his double cream-pie moment.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
The attraction for some with the wincest genre. Some just like the idea of younger adults hooking up with (usually) safer older adults and them all having a blast with each other, minus shitty outside family drama, and the security that knowing people your entire lives and then presumably the "happily ever after" type ending.
Sure but that's a different (if perhaps overlapping) fetish.

And there was a pretty strong hesitation among the adults at least ion the story (if not this one then the last story) with the idea of doing this type stuff. But it helps that I think the main driving forces in this one are young women, who are very seldom the main protags in these type games, normally some young dumb dude who's main train is huge cock and lots of cum, and frankly I think young women would be much more likely to spur something like this IRL than otherwise.
Agreed, which is why the entire genetic modification plot is even more of a pity.

In the first game, Petal seemed to act out of her own desire, and, combined with the feeling of being "locked up" together in a cabin, made it very hot.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Hmm...I still haven't picked this title back up after this scene. But I was wondering...it there is any outcome if MC tells him about the Suzi project, or if keeps it to himself? I remember that bitch (Nix's Mom), tried to mess with MC's relationships by taking Suzi offline so she couldn't warn him when Rose came home and caught his double cream-pie moment.
That choice is only minor, at least so far, despite how important a choice it should be. If the MC tells Henry about Suzi, in the ending it's Henry that pulls the plug on Suzi and has her shut down, and the MC confronts him to absolutely no effect. In this version, there's no extra interaction between Nixie and her mother. If the MC does not tell Henry about Suzi, in the ending it's Eleanor (Nixie's mother) who pulls the plug on Suzi and has her shut down, and the MC confronts her to absolutely no effect other than driving a wedge further between Eleanor and Nixie.

In the first game, Petal seemed to act out of her own desire, and, combined with the feeling of being "locked up" together in a cabin, made it very hot.
Yeah, I brought that up after the transhumanist story first got pointed out, and got basically dismissed out of hand. Even the non-engineered alternative story (the "natural" mutation to be missing the Westermarck gene) goes the wrong direction and made me enjoy the game markedly less.

Scientifically and biologically explaining the attraction ruins incest stories. It's just like with most jokes: if you explain it, it stops being funny. Same thing here: if you explain it, it stops being sexy.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Not finished it, but I think the timeline got wobbled. They talk about events happening in the 1970s, I believe early on they say the current year is 2020, but then a character says 60 years between the 70s and present day.

Also, with Chester being touted as such a giving guy, it's really odd to me he hasn't performed cunnilingus at all in the series so far.

Reactions: Pbgame and Alex5280

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
For the number of times three people are naked in a scene together, it seems like the 3rd always ends up just being a passive observer.

Very strange choice.

Reactions: Pbgame and testo2
4.10 star(s) 65 Votes