VN Ren'Py Completed A Moment of Bliss [v5.0.1 Final] [Lockheart]

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Not sure why people are talking about a rushed ending "just when it got interesting" when this is part 2 of 3. The same way Petal did not really have an ending since it seamlessly continued with this game, the Moon game will start where this one left off.
My basic response, but you may have said it more clearly.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Gotta say, I get Lockheart tends to do more bite sized games, but I'm surprised this is ending so soon. Great game though, looking forward to the next one.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Gotta say, I get Lockheart tends to do more bite sized games, but I'm surprised this is ending so soon. Great game though, looking forward to the next one.
If you did Petal, this shouldn't be such a surprise - just the second installment in the trilogy, ready to jump into the next phase. Based on the length of Petal, I was surprised this one took as long as it did. I figured to be halfway through Moon by this point in time.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
If you did Petal, this shouldn't be such a surprise - just the second installment in the trilogy, ready to jump into the next phase. Based on the length of Petal, I was surprised this one took as long as it did. I figured to be halfway through Moon by this point in time.
No, I did and I know but even taking all that into account it FEELS like it's short. Obviously we've had 5 or 6 releases which can be a lot of effort and it's good quality stuff, worth supporting.

Reactions: disp_acc

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I think the main concern people had was whether we even would get the Moon game, given how Lockheart had reacted to the Itch crackdown, Patreon coming after him for the incest in APAT/AMOB, and Steam's unilateral rejection of APAT. That Discord post screenshotted above should put most of those fears to rest, though.

Wookie

Dec 27, 2017
I can't get the gallery unlocker to work. I have put it in the game folder but cannot find any sign of the gallery when I play.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated please :)
EDIT
Perhaps it is because the phone doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the latest release?

Last edited:

MAD6999

Nov 21, 2021
I see that it has lesbian content, is it avoidable as in your previous games? or pass this game

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
Still, he made a big mistake by changing the appearance of the heroines. I immediately felt uncomfortable playing.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
No, I did and I know but even taking all that into account it FEELS like it's short. Obviously we've had 5 or 6 releases which can be a lot of effort and it's good quality stuff, worth supporting.
I was waiting on Bliss to finish, but it sounds about the same length as Petal. I expect Moon might be about the same (when it gets produced) and I think there was a mention in the Petal thread of maybe a tie-it-all-together epilogue or even a fourth installment that brings the mom back into the fold, or somesuch. But, it's been well more than a year since I read anything on that so I could be entirely mistaken.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Lockheart

First congratulations on finishing another VN. Also thank you for your hard work and your commitment to a very high quality VN. I have very much enjoyed playing petal and bliss.

That said - Not the best ending, which is a classic understatement. Yank us around killing Suzi without recourse or retribution and then that cliff hanger ending? Seriously? You've proven you're a MUCH better writer than that.

Despite my disappointment, you're among the tiny number of writers who I'm unwilling to just flatly write off. I look forward to the third installment, but be advised you've used up a tremendous amount of good will.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
what a guy lockheart completing yet another game some devs would like to have the consistency and dedication of this guy.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I was a bit disappointed we didn't get more Nixie towards the end (I'm a Nixie fan, what can I say) but all in all, great update and way to wrap up the 2nd installment of the series. Now Moon is going to be VERY interesting, considering she will be at a much different starting point than the other two. Of course it will be interesting to see just how this new household dynamic continues to play out, especially when Nixie truly gets into the mix, and Moon is brought aboard. :sneaky:

J'Daremo

Jul 2, 2020
Congrats Locky on another finished Masterpiece.
Looking forward to the next one in the series

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
My gripe was not enough of a comeuppance for the villain and his sister
I thought that it was the villain and his daughter. Unless we are thinking of different villains. But I can see that. Since his crimes were so dark his proper comeuppance would probably have to be too dark for such a lighthearted game.

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes