VN Ren'Py Completed A Moment of Bliss [v5.0.1 Final] [Lockheart]

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes

inked_devil

Oct 23, 2020
I agree with the posters above that the game has a mostly kinetic novel feel. But the Chapter 4 choice with Henry West seems like it could have significant, game-altering consequences. It gave me pause.
No joke! I'm actually on that screen right now trying to decide what to do. It really does seem like it's going to cause a significant branch. Guess it's just going to have to be a save for each choice until I know...

Reactions: EeyoresGloom

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
No joke! I'm actually on that screen right now trying to decide what to do. It really does seem like it's going to cause a significant branch. Guess it's just going to have to be a save for each choice until I know...
My sense is that Henry already knows everything and is just testing you. We already know that Henry is still in charge in the future from his appearance in Avalon so it is obvious that the corporate coup d'etat is going nowhere.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
My sense is that Henry already knows everything and is just testing you. We already know that Henry is still in charge in the future from his appearance in Avalon so it is obvious that the corporate coup d'etat is going nowhere.
It's been a long ass time since I've played Avalon (back when it originally finished 2 years or so ago. Heck, I didn't even make the connection between both until today when I decided to look into this game), but was it said that it's set in the future from when AMOB happens?

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
So what is the order for playing these games?
I am getting from reading posts that the chronological order for when things happen in game is:

A Petal Among Thorns > A Moment of Bliss (direct continuation)> Unreleased 3rd installment (direct continuation) > Avalon (different MC, same universe).
And it seems A Penny for your Thoughts is unrelated.

Do I got that right?

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
The chronology is right, but Penny's game is set in the same universe and characters do cross over. It takes place after the events of Avalon. I'd also recommend playing Avalon first. It won't spoil anything about the other games and you might enjoy some scenes in APAT and AMoB more afterwards.
Avalon is a different MC though?
If Petal > Bliss > unnamed 3rd install are all the same MC I'd rather do that first as I tend to get attached.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
A Penny For Your Thoughts is the "latest" in the chronology as it stands but it might end up getting reworked after its hiatus so it is not a sure thing. It jumps from the past to the future within the game to show Penny's childhood as well as events directly after Avalon. So as it goes the game is a bit of an oddball.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Third game's not unnamed, it'll be "Over the Moon". At least so far, Avalon and Penny are loosely related and there are some cameos in the Rose Garden games (APAT/AMOB/OTM), but they're separate enough that you won't be lost just playing the Rose Garden games.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Third game's not unnamed, it'll be "Over the Moon". At least so far, Avalon and Penny are loosely related and there are some cameos in the Rose Garden games (APAT/AMOB/OTM), but they're separate enough that you won't be lost just playing the Rose Garden games.
Won't be lost, but might not fully get the cameos.

I learned about Avalon through Petal, went back and did that universe of games (wish Penny could get resurrected), and will likely play Petal again before getting into this one. Thought it might progress faster than it has in development, so didn't plan to put it off this long, but may still wait for completion tag.

Reactions: Mjolnirthesecond

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
while this game and the prequel are bot really good games i can't really recommend avalon to anyone; the mc is a wuss, the game is full of humor that never lands and penny ruins the majority of the game because not a single plot point is ever resolved by the mc but just by a stupid background scene with penny doing mary sue things

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
while this game and the prequel are bot really good games i can't really recommend avalon to anyone; the mc is a wuss, the game is full of humor that never lands and penny ruins the majority of the game because not a single plot point is ever resolved by the mc but just by a stupid background scene with penny doing mary sue things
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Do we know if if Lockheart still plans on the final game centered around Moon being made?
Not sure, this was the announcement after the final of AMoB:

There won't be a progress report on Monday seeing as how there's nothing to report on. The project is complete. The Judas Ghost progress reports will be on Thursdays.

Reactions: Jinxedice

Onizuka2050

Jun 16, 2023
hmm... sad to hear that there is no news on the third installment "Moon". I'm sure many users would have liked that way more than a completely new game. It will probably take years now, for a completed Moon game. Well, it is what it is. Thankfully, the final chapter of Bliss was released and I hope it gets uploaded here soon.

Reactions: DragonsFear

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
A Moment of Bliss [v5.0.1] [Lockheart]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

Unofficial Uncompressed Mac build since "market" builds usually will not work on Mac:

- - -

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes