Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
John's connections would just cue him in on Beeman's official locations (i.e. home, work), and there's actually no logical reason for him to know about "Gavin's Cliff", everyone else was told by Abigail. John knows about the affair, and he smiles his "the trap has sprung" smile when he realizes Nicole's morning sickness, and thus she is pregnant, which can only be from another man. This confirmation gets him what he wants: concrete evidence of her infidelity. Therefore, I'm not convinced he wants the doctor to terminate the child, rather he might be asking him how long until the can run a DNA test, because John is not going to reveal his knowledge, and simultaneously leverage MC and Nicole into doing his bidding, until he has undeniable proof that not only has Nicole cheated, but also whom she has cheated with. If he gets a DNA match, then neither of them can deny the affair, and John makes them do whatever he wants.

Obviously the "MC is John's son" theory has been going on for a while, and while I believe it possible, I just didn't see how until your comment. I think most likely, John impregnated MC's real mother as one of his business transactions/employees, but he met and married Nicole around the same time. After "Momma" gives birth, she's not able to keep the child (death?) and of course John can't disclose his infidelity to Nicole (who is pregnant with Chloe, whom I believe is his real daughter) so he can't bring MC home, and utilizes one of his business deals with Hal and Jenny to raise MC until adulthood (thus why they feel urgency in revealing their association with John). After the near disaster with Momma, John starts implementing the temporary sterilization shots. Though after Chloe is born, John loses his lust for Nicole, thus closing off any option for a legitimate son, or he decided from the beginning that since MC is his eldest son, he will inherit Magic Grand, thus John abstains from Nicole to ensure that she never gives birth to a son who could then challenge John's chosen heir.
Fast-forward to shortly before the game, either John didn't realize that Chloe has started dating his son, or I think John actually encouraged it, as either way: John uses this as the platform to get MC "hired" at Magic Grand. This explains why despite MC potentially breaking up with Chloe, MC's investigations, challenges, and interrogations, thereby becoming a threat at worst, or a nuisance at best, plus the affair, John doesn't fire MC, instead he tests the young man's responses, and ensures that MC "stays in his lane" by not quiting, but not getting too much information. This also explains why at the dinner with Sylvia, 1) John has MC watch Sylvia change (counting on him seeing her naked), 2) John states/confirms that MC's relationship with Chloe will end soon, thus 3) MC should look elsewhere, like John's own woman: Sylvia (either the first of John's inheritance, or testing how much similarity MC shares with his father regarding taste in women/willingness to take a vulnerable woman like Sylvia).
If my theory is true, then John's shock at Sylvia's suggestion of the affair isn't because the thought of someone liking Nicole is unbelievable, rather it's realizing MC's nature as he not only IS his father, he's MORE than even John. Sure MC (from John's perspective) is 1) cheating on his relationship, 2) taking a vulnerable woman 3) who's somebody else's wife/fiancee/GF, and 4) keeping the affair (relatively) secret, but John's conquests are always attached to weaker men, while MC has even bigger balls than John by not only stealing the wife of a stronger man, but THE strongest man, thus why he seems "happy" at Sylvia's observation, but obviously has to dismiss it with a fake reason. Therefore the dinner test was also seeing how well MC can hide his emotions concerning Nicole (as John hides his emotions in front of Nicole), and if MC will behave like John and go after multiple women, or just one.

This of course means that Nicole's child is John's grandchild, and I kind of think that John wants MC to sire a grandchild, he just didn't plan for it to be this early, or with Nicole. If so, then he'll want to keep it, and another reason he's happy she's pregnant by MC
What have you done!!!! Your train of thought makes too much sense... I love the angle!!!...WOW!!

• Haha
Reactions: YuNobi1

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
What have you done!!!! Your train of thought makes too much sense... I love the angle!!!...WOW!!
Thank you. That is high praise.

Wasn't this abandoned???
No. Dev had legal, residential, family, and I believe emotional struggles that forced him to have take a hiatus for over a year. While he kept updating his Patreon every few months, F95's algorithm set it to "abandoned" after 6 or 12 months without an update. Thisis his second release since the hiatus ended, so he's going strong.

Reactions: xsikal

Optimus69420

Apr 11, 2023
Obviously the "MC is John's son" theory has been going on for a while, and while I believe it possible, I just didn't see how until your comment. I think most likely, John impregnated MC's real mother as one of his business transactions/employees, but he met and married Nicole around the same time. After "Momma" gives birth, she's not able to keep the child (death?) and of course John can't disclose his infidelity to Nicole (who is pregnant with Chloe, whom I believe is his real daughter) so he can't bring MC home, and utilizes one of his business deals with Hal and Jenny to raise MC until adulthood (thus why they feel urgency in revealing their association with John). After the near disaster with Momma, John starts implementing the temporary sterilization shots. Though after Chloe is born, John loses his lust for Nicole, thus closing off any option for a legitimate son, or he decided from the beginning that since MC is his eldest son, he will inherit Magic Grand, thus John abstains from Nicole to ensure that she never gives birth to a son who could then challenge John's chosen heir.
Fast-forward to shortly before the game, either John didn't realize that Chloe has started dating his son, or I think John actually encouraged it, as either way: John uses this as the platform to get MC "hired" at Magic Grand. This explains why despite MC potentially breaking up with Chloe, MC's investigations, challenges, and interrogations, thereby becoming a threat at worst, or a nuisance at best, plus the affair, John doesn't fire MC, instead he tests the young man's responses, and ensures that MC "stays in his lane" by not quiting, but not getting too much information. This also explains why at the dinner with Sylvia, 1) John has MC watch Sylvia change (counting on him seeing her naked), 2) John states/confirms that MC's relationship with Chloe will end soon, thus 3) MC should look elsewhere, like John's own woman: Sylvia (either the first of John's inheritance, or testing how much similarity MC shares with his father regarding taste in women/willingness to take a vulnerable woman like Sylvia).
If MC (Us) is John's son, that would make Chloe MC's (Our) half-sister. Wouldn't that be incest content? I believe dev Orb has stated before that there will be no incest content in 'A Mother's Love' and people around here saying it's against Patreon rules and guidelines. I know that theory has been out there but it's a risky one.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
If the major plot reveal is incest based, Patreon will want to punish the creators.
Better to infer it thru player discussions.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
If MC (Us) is John's son, that would make Chloe MC's (Our) half-sister. Wouldn't that be incest content? I believe dev Orb has stated before that there will be no incest content in 'A Mother's Love' and people around here saying it's against Patreon rules and guidelines. I know that theory has been out there but it's a risky one.
Well for one, I know there's apparently "traditional incest" and "Patreon incest". Traditional incest includes banging two women who, while not related to you, are related to each other (i.e. sisters, mother-daughter), as well as step-parents and step-siblings, and "foster families" (i.e. socially related, but no blood connection). Yet apparently these games are fine to post on Patreon without "incest filters" built into the game (i.e. "roommate", "landlady"). Even laws/cultures don't agree (you can marry your cousin, but not your uncle/aunt, in Hawaii, while most places in US consider cousins as incest). So if there isn't a standard definition of "incest" beyond "don't bang your direct nuclear family blood relatives", and you got devs like Tess in Karlsson Gambit saying "yes I know they spent the past 20 years believing and acting like brother and sister, but since they just found out they're not blood relatives, I don't call it incest," forces me to question where Orb's demarcation line is. For example, if it turns out that Jenny is not related to MC, to me that would still be incest due to the pre-established relationship, but Orb (and probably most of the folks here) could disagree. The only certainty we have at this point is Nicole is not MC's mom.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
And how do you imagine a harem, Chloe and Nicole together? Incest? Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit of a harem fan myself. but this is impossible, because it contradicts the plot and there can be no talk of a harem.
From what I heard on other game forums and donation sites, Dev even thought about a Harem Chloe and Nicole and MC, but he then thought it would be a bit strange and obvious and he no longer has the idea in his head.

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
Just played the Ch 13 Plus. Here are my thoughts in no particular order:

1. The pacing has been much better than the previous chapter. The whole twist kidnapping drama of Chloe, her near identity to Abi's sister etc. was handled with just enough tension but the best aspect was the ebb and flow of MC's mind states. His guilt, frustration, love, care has been portrayed beautifully.
  2. Marilyn, bar her help in the twist above, is quite annoying. In all honesty, she hasn't redeemed herself for being a mean, distrustful and opportunistic ally. Orb should consider a frustrated sex scene for her online fan base.
  3. Abi's withholding of information has been a puzzling one. Especially when MC puts his life on the line saving her from her abusive husband. Again, the rain drenched scene of her confession to get MC share a moment of sentimental physical intimacy was a missed opportunity. If she was to be a non-physical character, her model could have been less interesting or bland, like a boiled potato. She had some spice and her model was quite alluring. The argument of fidelity of MC towards Nicole ( Nicole is the only one with whom you would have sex) is a weak one, as MC cheated on Chloe first and got close to Nicole, so maintaining that fidelity etc. is quite rich, that too in an erotic game like this one.
  4. John and his machinations are still in play, he's the only one who has remained deeply sinister and consistently so. Kudos to maintaining that psychotic evilness about him.
  5. Lastly, about Nicole. One of the most tender moments have been in this update, I won't even include an inline spoiler here as it is to be experienced during gameplay. MC and Nicole have really come a long way. It is about time an update devoted to their freedom, Nicole's uplifting of her inhibitions and truly displaying her wild side. While MC has been the initiator many times, it will be great to see her sexuality unleashed. That would be a fantastic epilogue episode (similar to how Wade Wilson celebrates V-Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. in Deadpool, albeit in longer sequences).
Overall, a very satisfying update. Raminita Curious to see the next WIP shots and how the climax unfolds.
OrbOrigin please take your time with the ending and your health as well.

Reactions: andre32 and xsikal
Dec 22, 2020
Is it too much to ask to inform yourself about pregnancy or being pregnant in general before you start writing about it?
Even though the pregnancy can be seen in a blood test after 6-9 days, there is no way that Nicole knows what is happening with her body nor that she is having morning sickness or nausea in general after being pregnant for just under one week as the doctor said.
Oh, I totally agree with you. ;)

Early symptoms of pregnancy won't appear earlier than 1 week of pregnancy. The very first thing an attentive woman can notice is the delay of menstruation. Normally, the menstrual cycle can shift no more than ± 3 days. Many women (but not everyone) can experience a small amount of spotting that may occur during implantation (it's the process of introducing the fertilized egg into the wall of the uterus), which is less in quantity and duration than a normal period. An increased level of basal temperature persists from the moment of ovulation (37.1-37.3 degrees Celsius); outside of ovulation and pregnancy or acute illnesses the temperature in the rectum will be about 36.4-36.7 degrees Celsius. Pregnant women also become more sensitive to various odors. Symptoms of toxicosis (nausea, vomiting) usually begin at 3-4 weeks of pregnancy and reach a peak between 9 and 16 weeks and normally disappear completely by 22 weeks.

hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) typically begins secreting by the trophoblast (the outer membrane of the blastocyst), which was built by 5-6 days from fertilization for the purposes to maintain pregnancy, block the menstrual cycle and stimulate the synthesis of estrogen and progesterone.

The clinical significance of hCG appears after implantation of the embryo to the walls of the uterus (it happens by 5-7 day after fertilization). Reference values of hCG of men and non-pregnant women about 0–5 mU/ml. Values ranging from 5 to 25 mU/ml do not allow to confirm or deny the diagnosis, so we need to wait 3 days, because hCG increases about 2 times every 72 hours.

hCG reaches his peak (225,000 mU/ml) at 6-11 weeks of pregnancy, so, early symptoms of pregnancy will also be more pronounced, and then the hormone begins to gradually decrease until childbirth.

Last edited:

Edger Sr.

Jul 11, 2023

Early symptoms of pregnancy won't appear earlier than 1 week of pregnancy. The very first thing an attentive woman can notice is the delay of menstruation. Normally, the menstrual cycle can shift no more than ± 3 days. Many women (but not everyone) can experience a small amount of spotting that may occur during implantation (it's the process of introducing the fertilized egg into the wall of the uterus), which is less in quantity and duration than a normal period. An increased level of basal temperature persists from the moment of ovulation (37.1-37.3 degrees Celsius); outside of ovulation and pregnancy or acute illnesses the temperature in the rectum will be about 36.4-36.7 degrees Celsius. Pregnant women also become more sensitive to various odors. Symptoms of toxicosis (nausea, vomiting) usually begin at 3-4 weeks of pregnancy and reach a peak between 9 and 16 weeks and normally disappear completely by 22 weeks.

hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) typically begins secreting by the trophoblast (the outer membrane of the blastocyst), which was built by 5-6 days from fertilization for the purposes to maintain pregnancy, block the menstrual cycle and stimulate the synthesis of estrogen and progesterone.

The clinical significance of hCG appears after implantation of the embryo to the walls of the uterus (it happens by 5-7 day after fertilization). Reference values of hCG of men and non-pregnant women about 0–5 mU/ml. Values ranging from 5 to 25 mU/ml do not allow to confirm or deny the diagnosis, so we need to wait 3 days, because hCG increases about 2 times every 72 hours.

hCG reaches his peak (225,000 mU/ml) at 6-11 weeks of pregnancy, so, early symptoms of pregnancy will also be more pronounced, and then the hormone begins to gradually decrease until childbirth.
You should open a Gyno clinic.

• Haha
Reactions: Pristis.Microdon

marvelfreak3000

Sep 27, 2023

Well, it is OrbOrigin's game and he can write it however he wants to considering it is fiction and doesnt have to follow the real life rules of pregnancy. IF he was writing a game based on RL than I can understand not being a accurate a big deal BUT it is his VN and he can do whatever he wants to it even if it means shortening the time it took her to get pregnant. There are no rules to pregnancy when it comes to Adult VNs.

Reactions: juan19899

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Finally got time to play.

I was not expecting Beeman to go all crazy kidnapper on Chloe. Also what the hell is Beeman? The guy got shot twice in his center of mass and was still struggling against the cops. How the hell was he even alive? :oops:

Anyway it was nice to see Nicole shooting him. Now just give her a gun and she can take care of Green Goblin. And speaking of our "gree friend" after the protagonist losing his cool like that there is no way he doesn't know MC is fucking Nicole, not like they were any good at hiding it before.:ROFLMAO:
Even his way of saying "it was your fault the crazy Bee guy kidnaped my daughter" looked like he was hinting at this.

Finally the ashes "sidequest" with Abigail was resolved. Abi is going way to try to find some way to atone for whatever sins she perceive as having but honestly i don't hold anything against her considering her whole situation.
Just wish she had told why she was fired.:unsure:

So Nicole is pregnant. Another reason for John to know she is putting some horns on him since they weren't being intimate until the moment John started realizing Protagonist and Nicole were cheating on him. As if he needed any more evidence. :LOL::LOL:
Only choice for me is to assume the child in this case.

ps: Hope the shooting incident makes Nicole more self confident. Girl you looked badass when you were shooting.:cool:

ps: what is in that damn blue folder?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Optimus69420
4.30 star(s) 210 Votes