• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I don't know where you got the curly hair asset, but I love it. Care to share? Otherwise, the game is very enjoyable and lots of fun!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Shouldn't it be 0.1 instead of 1.0?
Each chapter is being released as a separate product, so 1.0 would not be inappropriate, however, I would recommend something like 0.9 to allow for revisions if needed.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Makes the downloads a lot smaller, for one. You can love it or hate it, but it is a benefit for players of the game.
That's not true, is not benefit for us because most of us hate chapters being separated into new games, most of us prefer one full game instead of having 20 chapters in 20 games, I'm sure if some popular dev did a poll it will win by an absurd margin.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Congrats on getting Chapter 2 out!
;)

BTW, and this is why I hate Kinetic Novels being grouped into the Games section, but to be clear for those that may have missed the tag, this is a Kinetic Novel, not a game. Renpy at it's heart is a Visual Novel engine, and this is very much a visual novel. There are no decision forks in this novel, at least as far as Chapter 1 and 2 are concerned, it is 100% linear.

Just wanted to reinforce that point for people that are new to this thread that might otherwise be expecting an actual game.

And yeah, for the rich guy and his growing harem having harem sex fans, and that like watching the babymaking, this may be the VN for you! The one thing that bothers me is the 'wham bam, I'm in a harem now' approach to the relationships, which falls under the trope "Hypnotized by the (Monster) Cock", which I feel compelled to point out. For those looking for more 'prelude' before the sexy stuff happens, this may not be the story for you. But if for those looking for no excuses lots of sex between the main character and his bevy of sexy gals...

There's an angle to the harem building which ties into this a bit which somewhat explains how quickly the gals accept the harem, but for myself, a bit more build-up, with possibly one notable exception in the story, might have been nice. That ship has sailed though, and these sorts of erotic visual novels are mainly about the sexy pics and sexy situations. Just want to set expectations for those that might be curious.

I'd like to see more expressiveness with the gals during conversations in the next chapter. I get that since it's a VN and since the same pic is used to cover both/multiple sides of a given conversation that having one gal talking while the other isn't might look weird if the dialogue is coming from both/all, but personally I'd prefer having multiple pics showing each gal conversing in turn. Of course, that'd add considerably to the render count, so I get it, but I'd still like to see more expressiveness in the gals faces going forward. Just my personal preference.

With that out of the way, if you like busty blondes with round asses and tiny waists, and watching each of them getting nailed in turn, this is probably right up your alley! I'm looking forward to the full on orgy stuff with the male MC which presumably is coming in Chapter 3...

Looking forward to chapter 3!
:D

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
That's not true, is not benefit for us because most of us hate chapters being separated into new games, most of us prefer one full game instead of having 20 chapters in 20 games, I'm sure if some popular dev did a poll it will win by an absurd margin.
Hmmmm ... Palmer is a pretty popular dev. And all of their games are single-episode. Especially as games grow in complexity (and animations), the file downloads start to get pretty burdensome. From the development side as well, having to maintain multiple backups as a file grows considerably in size also becomes a burden as backups take more and more time as the game goes along.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Hmmmm ... Palmer is a pretty popular dev. And all of their games are single-episode. Especially as games grow in complexity (and animations), the file downloads start to get pretty burdensome. From the development side as well, having to maintain multiple backups as a file grows considerably in size also becomes a burden as backups take more and more time as the game goes along.
yeah, he was... popular, but many did find that whole 1 chapter 1 game very annoying, he was popular because of the quality of the renders etc not because of the shitty system of releases of 1 chapter 1 game.
Trust me when I say not many like episodic releases into new games, I get Devs that put 6 or 7 chapters into one renpy game and make a part 2 with another 5 or 6 episodes, but one 1 ep 1 game is a very annoying system for any users and while some may not mind most people won't like it, have in mind that in the times we are now most people have good internet too.

Reactions: mofonistik

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
yeah, he was... popular, but many did find that whole 1 chapter 1 game very annoying, he was popular because of the quality of the renders etc not because of the shitty system of releases of 1 chapter 1 game.
Trust me when I say not many like episodic releases into new games, I get Devs that put 6 or 7 chapters into one renpy game and make a part 2 with another 5 or 6 episodes, but one 1 ep 1 game is a very annoying system for any users and while some may not mind most people won't like it, have in mind that in the times we are now most people have good internet too.
You are looking at the world through a very narrow lens. While it is true that many people in the United States have good internet, that is most certainly not the case world wide. I have seen numerous complaints from many users around the world when games get huge and are very burdensome to download. That is why there is a huge "aftermarket" where other users take such games and res down the resources so the file downloads are not so huge.

If you're the sort who won't download a good quality game because it's in separate episodes, well, that more a you problem than a dev problem. If a game is good (and this one is), I will download it because I like good quality entertainment ... no matter how it is packaged.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I tried his games but dropped them because of the terrible engine and episodic releases.
Since Palmer's demise, they are changing the engine and future games will be totally downloadable. I don't know that they are going to switch from single episode downloads, and don't rightly care. If a game's good, it's good, no matter how it comes.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v1.0 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes