VN Ren'Py Completed A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi there,
I really enjoyed the game but I found some typos
so I have put them into a .zip file so you can look at them.
Best regards,
David

Reactions: w_Stew

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
I have a patch but it does not handle the fact that MC is referred to as "B" in a number of places.
The patch makes no changes to the code already in the games folder.
Let me know if you would like me to upload it.

Last edited:
Reactions: acondo

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I have a patch but it does not handle the fact that MC is referred to as "B" in a number of places.
B = Bossman? Badass? Biggus,as in Biggus Dickus?
:p

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
"B" was commonly used to speak to someone or about someone named Brian in the Southern United States back in the 1980's...

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
¡Mate, that sounds awesome! (y)

bigandhard29

Feb 9, 2018
I am trying to get through chapter 1 so i can understand chapter 2 but i can't seem to load any of my saves in chapter 1. Everytime i do it messes up and closes the game anybody else got these issues?

dinmor

Aug 3, 2017
Since you're asking for criticism
Keep in mind I have yet to play the game, and dont know if I will or when

If they look like the pictures in game to though, I'll say; MC has serious baby face, despite looking like a big buff dude
And clothes don't stick to the underside of boobs, it needs improving

creedgeezer

Apr 24, 2019
Hi....Yes im sorry if i have a potato pc....

Everytime i load the game on chap 1 it eats my ram like hungry man... I have only 4gb (planning to upgrade nxt yr January ) it goes up to 1500mb and it always crash at that time....So i need to start at beginning and skip until i reach my last save... Kinda annoying for someone like me who had a potato pc.....

Whats the cause of it??
Is there any method to fix that?

If no i guess I'll continue doing it until i finish reading it....I love your game btw....Thats the downside for me

Yeah someone would say that i should upgrade now but i dont have any budget for now...Till nxt yr..

hmm can someone recommend me similar to this story...You know..Mc is powerful/strong/rich/goodBodyBuild/ and not a sandbox but if you know something sandbox similar to that kindly seperate it on not sandbox thanks!!

Edit :

Btw i only have integratrd graphics intel hd630(planning to up nxt yr)

I forgot to say that my fps on game is only around 4-8 lol pretty lag/delay but playable!!..

So still playing because its great!!!

Btw why its like that my gpu on task manager hits 100% and average is about 70-100% dame...

Its not like i hate the models actually i love them but i think its not that clear but it hits my gpu like that lol

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hi....Yes im sorry if i have a potato pc....

Everytime i load the game on chap 1 it eats my ram like hungry man... I have only 4gb (planning to upgrade nxt yr January ) it goes up to 1500mb and it always crash at that time....So i need to start at beginning and skip until i reach my last save... Kinda annoying for someone like me who had a potato pc.....

Whats the cause of it??
Is there any method to fix that?

If no i guess I'll continue doing it until i finish reading it....I love your game btw....Thats the downside for me

Yeah someone would say that i should upgrade now but i dont have any budget for now...Till nxt yr..

hmm can someone recommend me similar to this story...You know..Mc is powerful/strong/rich/goodBodyBuild/ and not a sandbox but if you know something sandbox similar to that kindly seperate it on not sandbox thanks!!

Edit :

Btw i only have integratrd graphics intel hd630(planning to up nxt yr)

I forgot to say that my fps on game is only around 4-8 lol pretty lag/delay but playable!!..

So still playing because its great!!!

Btw why its like that my gpu on task manager hits 100% and average is about 70-100% dame...

Its not like i hate the models actually i love them but i think its not that clear but it hits my gpu like that lol

OK, with an integrated GPU such as the one you mentioned, keep in mind that your CPU and GPU are sharing the ram. With only 4 GB total to go around, this can make it seem like the GPU is to blame, when in fact it's the CPU and GPU competing for the same ram.

When the system needs more ram than the physical ram can provide, it starts to rely on unused hard drive space to double as ram, and said 'virtual ram' performs much more slowly. So as the system tries to store more and more of those rollback entries, it impacts overall performance.

Disabling rollback in your options menu might help with this. Also, saving, quitting and then restarting I'm not sure if that'll help, but since it takes so long to restart Renpy that might not be worth it. I suppose you could try it at least if it gets unbearable.

You can try this and see if it helps:

You can also try optimizing your system. This Reddit post has a few suggestions:

Short form, only run the programs you need. Microsoft, etc. seem to think that you should have a bunch of programs in your start tray, but some of those might not actually be needed.

If you can afford more ram, that's a good move, but you mentioned planning on getting a new system soon so that's probably not practical if you are saving money for that new system.

There are a couple of Renpy config numbers in the config files that might help, but that's high level modding stuff so for just a VN you shouldn't need to mess with those. I messed with these briefly for Brothel King, but my goal there was to take advantage of more system ram, not optimize for low spec systems.

Others may have suggestions as well. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

creedgeezer

Apr 24, 2019
OK, with an integrated GPU such as the one you mentioned, keep in mind that your CPU and GPU are sharing the ram. With only 4 GB total to go around, this can make it seem like the GPU is to blame, when in fact it's the CPU and GPU competing for the same ram.

When the system needs more ram than the physical ram can provide, it starts to rely on unused hard drive space to double as ram, and said 'virtual ram' performs much more slowly. So as the system tries to store more and more of those rollback entries, it impacts overall performance.

Disabling rollback in your options menu might help with this. Also, saving, quitting and then restarting I'm not sure if that'll help, but since it takes so long to restart Renpy that might not be worth it. I suppose you could try it at least if it gets unbearable.

You can try this and see if it helps:

You can also try optimizing your system. This Reddit post has a few suggestions:

Short form, only run the programs you need. Microsoft, etc. seem to think that you should have a bunch of programs in your start tray, but some of those might not actually be needed.

If you can afford more ram, that's a good move, but you mentioned planning on getting a new system soon so that's probably not practical if you are saving money for that new system.

There are a couple of Renpy config numbers in the config files that might help, but that's high level modding stuff so for just a VN you shouldn't need to mess with those. I messed with these briefly for Brothel King, but my goal there was to take advantage of more system ram, not optimize for low spec systems.

Others may have suggestions as well. Hope this helps!
Well only this game that slow that much... When im playing other vn that has more detailed it doesnt lag/delay that much (e.g Sunshine Love, Deliverance, tale of unending Void, etc) and some medium games(e.g Stranded Deep, Dishonored, etc) and i dont have any background task except for that game

....Its just im wondering why it eats ram and use gpu like that when its like low to medium models

Btw thanks for that info might try later!!!

Last edited:

The Big Fat Panda

Jun 9, 2018
Well only this game that slow that much... When im playing other vn that has more detailed it doesnt lag/delay that much (e.g Sunshine Love, Deliverance, tale of unending Void, etc) and some medium games(e.g Stranded Deep, Dishonored, etc) and i dont have any background task except for that game

....Its just im wondering why

Btw thanks for that info might try later!!!
I'm having the same issue. I have a Dell Laptop with 4GB RAM and 1GB AMD Graphics. Whenever I try to open the save file, my RAM usage jumps to nearly 3.5 GB. However my GPU usage is 0. I play other games which are more resource needy. However, none of them lag like this one. Also, if I stat from the begining, it does not get stuck till a particular scene. Can I do something to fix this? I am on Chapter 1 by the way.

Reactions: creedgeezer

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Keep in mind that in Renpy, no actual models are loaded. It's all pics (.jpgs, .pngs, etc.) or an animated sequence of pics in some cases. So there aren't any 3d model meshes being used by the engine.

So if there is an issue, this'll tie in to how the settings are dialed in by the config files. I'm guessing that JJsworld is using 'default' Renpy settings, so the only thing I can see being an issue here is maybe the pic sizes, and if they are optimized, and how big the 'pic buffer' is. Pic sizes are on the smallish side though (989x720 or so, 96 dpi), so they aren't full HD or even full 720P.

Anyways, looking at the game config files now for ideas... it looks like the game default size is set at 1280 x 720 in gui.rpy, so if there is any stretching going on, that could account for a bit of lag on lower end systems maybe.

In config.py, I'm seeing the rollback length is set to 128. That is in the ANewBeginning/renpy folder btw. Dropping that number to 64 or 32 or even 16 might be something to consider.

You may need to use unren.bat to extract the files first. Then, go to the folder I indicated above, and open config.py using a text editor such as Notepad 2. Scroll down to Rollback Length and lower the number from 128. There's also a Hard Rollback limit of 100, you can try lowering that as well. Then save and start up the game and see if it helps. My laptop has 16 GB of ram, so I'm not going to see a difference, but you guys might...

You could also drop the framerate (same file) below 100. Really 24-30 FPS should be perfectly fine for still images, heck even at 6-12 FPS with still images you probably won't notice a difference.

All that being said, I'm just guessing here. Experiment at your own risk of course!

creedgeezer

Apr 24, 2019
Keep in mind that in Renpy, no actual models are loaded. It's all pics (.jpgs, .pngs, etc.) or an animated sequence of pics in some cases. So there aren't any 3d model meshes being used by the engine.

So if there is an issue, this'll tie in to how the settings are dialed in by the config files. I'm guessing that JJsworld is using 'default' Renpy settings, so the only thing I can see being an issue here is maybe the pic sizes, and if they are optimized, and how big the 'pic buffer' is. Pic sizes are on the smallish side though (989x720 or so, 96 dpi), so they aren't full HD or even full 720P.

Anyways, looking at the game config files now for ideas... it looks like the game default size is set at 1280 x 720 in gui.rpy, so if there is any stretching going on, that could account for a bit of lag on lower end systems maybe.

In config.py, I'm seeing the rollback length is set to 128. That is in the ANewBeginning/renpy folder btw. Dropping that number to 64 or 32 or even 16 might be something to consider.

You may need to use unren.bat to extract the files first. Then, go to the folder I indicated above, and open config.py using a text editor such as Notepad 2. Scroll down to Rollback Length and lower the number from 128. There's also a Hard Rollback limit of 100, you can try lowering that as well. Then save and start up the game and see if it helps. My laptop has 16 GB of ram, so I'm not going to see a difference, but you guys might...

You could also drop the framerate (same file) below 100. Really 24-30 FPS should be perfectly fine for still images, heck even at 6-12 FPS with still images you probably won't notice a difference.

All that being said, I'm just guessing here. Experiment at your own risk of course!
Nice its pretty informative!!! Just finished the game....Looking forward at chap 3

Reactions: JJsworld

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
B = Bossman? Badass? Biggus,as in Biggus Dickus?
:p
I always trust OhWee to add quality to the conversation. And BD is one of my favorite names to use when playing games, other than perhaps PussyPacker or LongDongSilver. Cumbucket works well for the really slutty girls.

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee
3.00 star(s) 21 Votes