Omniscience25

Oct 24, 2022
Yes, I also believe the same, however I don't think it will be as soon as I would like it to be. But if it's for the guy to come back, let it be as long as it takes for him...

What makes me think about it, is that looking at the other games of the same genre around, A.O.A. Academy stands out well
and draws attention for the quality in terms of graphics, the quality of the renders and such, it has excellent music, the girls have emotions and feelings, and you can feel it through their facial expressions. Anyway, it's details that keep us stuck to the game, as much as the story is rushed, it's still a different game. It's a game where you feel the developer's emotions being reflected in different moments of the game. That's why I don't think he would just give it all up for good, it would be a big waste of time and talent.

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
What makes me think about it, is that looking at the other games of the same genre around, A.O.A. Academy stands out well
It's exactly why I can't follow people saying "just try another game" or "there is other/better games in the same setting".

I've played almost all well rated games here.
But I can't replace Rebecca (my favorite from all AVN) and it's the same for others like Ashley, Aurora, Vik. There is something unique in AOA and those characters.

Playing others games won't change this aspect, and the void will remain. Even if there is a lot of new interestings projects (Race of Life, Summer Heat, Lost at Birth, A shot in the Dark, The Entrepreneur, Vinovella University, maybe Dreamland ...)
We have to understand that it's the end here, but don't necessarily have to find something that will take the place of AOA. Obviously I'm talking only for people like me with AOA Academy as their favorite game.

Sep 3, 2020
It's exactly why I can't follow people saying "just try another game" or "there is other/better games in the same setting".

I've played almost all well rated games here.
But I can't replace Rebecca (my favorite from all AVN) and it's the same for others like Ashley, Aurora, Vik. There is something unique in AOA and those characters.

Playing others games won't change this aspect, and the void will remain. Even if there is a lot of new interestings projects (Race of Life, Summer Heat, Lost at Birth, A shot in the Dark, The Entrepreneur, Vinovella University, maybe Dreamland ...)
We have to understand that it's the end here, but don't necessarily have to find something that will take the place of AOA. Obviously I'm talking only for people like me with AOA Academy as their favorite game.
I have been depressed ever since there were scenes between Jenny and MC that was so beautiful that made me cry I am going to wait for this game till the day I die this is no joke everyday I wake up looking for any news I don't think I will ever delete this game from my computer but I can't bring myself to play it

Omniscience25

Oct 24, 2022
Yes, I also believe the same, however I don't think it will be as soon as I would like it to be. But if it's for the guy to come back, let it be as long as it takes for him...

and draws attention for the quality in terms of graphics, the quality of the renders and such, it has excellent music, the girls have emotions and feelings, and you can feel it through their facial expressions. Anyway, it's details that keep us stuck to the game, as much as the story is rushed, it's still a different game. It's a game where you feel the developer's emotions being reflected in different moments of the game. That's why I don't think he would just give it all up for good, it would be a big waste of time and talent.
This in addition to another detail: The fact that the guy suddenly disappeared just when the end of season 1 was about to come out... This saddens me even more, not only because the guy disappeared, but when chapter 6 was coming out in the same week ...

At the same time that it makes me sad, it also gives me hope, because it doesn't make sense to give up when you're already at 95%. It would make more sense for him to disappear if, like, there was no news for a long time, but disappear like this when the update was about to come out? This can only be mental burnout.

But I think that at a time like this, maybe the dev himself must have regretted what he did? but that maybe he doesn't know how to go back... If I were a dev, and I played the game in its current state just to test and get in the mood, I would definitely motivate myself to keep going.

Sep 3, 2020
This in addition to another detail: The fact that the guy suddenly disappeared just when the end of season 1 was about to come out... This saddens me even more, not only because the guy disappeared, but when chapter 6 was coming out in the same week ...

At the same time that it makes me sad, it also gives me hope, because it doesn't make sense to give up when you're already at 95%. It would make more sense for him to disappear if, like, there was no news for a long time, but disappear like this when the update was about to come out? This can only be mental burnout.

But I think that at a time like this, maybe the dev himself must have regretted what he did? but that maybe he doesn't know how to go back... If I were a dev, and I played the game in its current state just to test and get in the mood, I would definitely motivate myself to keep going.
it feels like God created one soul then he took that one soul then cut it into two pieces then with one half, he created Jenny and with the other half he made the mc the two of them feel like two halves of the same soul

Ff_qM3eWQAE7WhS.jpg

and this was the first vn that ever gave me that feeling

I think Jenny and MC have the best love story in all of vn I've never gotten this feeling from any other VN

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
What I not understand is, why he has not released the near done chapter 6 ?
Is it impossible in RenPy a not quite finished project to get it running ?
Or has he not wanted this ?
Questions above questions........ :unsure:

Sep 3, 2020
That is a very good question !
Maybe in a war zone, then maybe I would understand.
I was hoping it would be like the movies you go on the internet and do a little research and you could find out anything

if he's alive or dead

nobody knows anything it's like he vanished

it's really frustrating that we can't do anything and it everybody's just giving up hope

sometimes I feel like screaming for somebody do something

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
That is a very good question !
Maybe in a war zone, then maybe I would understand.
Yes could be a number of reasons, like others have said it was very sudden so I was thinking maybe a cost of living kind of thing.
I always feel some of these games are made by younger people ( no idea to be honest) so perhaps at home with parents, electricity bills through the roof kind of thing and they have been told to stop.

Sep 3, 2020
Yes could be a number of reasons, like others have said it was very sudden so I was thinking maybe a cost of living kind of thing.
I always feel some of these games are made by younger people ( no idea to be honest) so perhaps at home with parents, electricity bills through the roof kind of thing and they have been told to stop.
I'm sorry it's just that this is one of the greatest love stories of all time I cant believe it's gone

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
Could be a reason, sure.
But, so what I read, he has deleted all of his accounts, and that is very suspicious....Or very sad.
Hopefully, one day, we learn the real reason.
But until this day, we can only hope for answers and wish he is allright !

Reactions: sailboat and .AD.

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
TLG and Jimmy Hoffa, the world will never know.

( If TLG showed up after some time, would you trust him ? )

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes