jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Surprised this got abandoned. The way it got abandoned via random deleting of their patreon account makes me think someone either found out about it and made him delete it (which has happened before) or he had a mental breakdown and deleted it himself (which has also happened before). It reminds me of Connected and another game, which I can't remember the name of, but some sort of submission/corruption based game that got randomly abandoned because the developers account was deleted.

For fans of these games, having low expectations is key. Don't forget that pretty much all these developers are amateurs. I am playing several games that I know will never be completed. In my time here on f95, only a small handful of games I play have been completed. Maybe a dozen in total, if not fewer.

For developers of these games. People need to learn from their predecessors mistakes. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Keep things simple as you can. The longer it takes to complete your project, the less likely it will be completed. Even if you make great art or a great story, you're still likely an amateur who does this as a side-job/hobby. Doing too much will lead to burnout pretty quickly, creative work is hard enough as is. Don't make it more difficult for yourself by failing at project management.

This also hurts the "industry" because people are afraid of games being abandoned and some end up thinking all developers are nefarious milkers in waiting or whatever else. Which causes them to both not support developers, and for developers to get damaged by unreasonably toxic environments. Both of which make it more likely for games to get abandoned.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Urf. Just came back to check and saw the abandoned tag.
That sucks. This one was on of the few college based games I actually enjoyed. Jenny was my favorite girl (I even liked her new hairstyle from the preview pics everyone was shitting on), the story was interesting, had a buncha good characters, and a badguy that was easy/fun to hate.

Kinda wondering now if maybe the dev wrote himself into a corner he couldn't figure a way out of, or if something else was going on?

Clair de Lune

Dec 18, 2020
Nooooooo this can't be happening! I was about to subscribe in his patreon account tomorrow and saw this..... Fuck. This is one of my favourite college-themed visual novel :( Shit. A worst shit to start the day.

• Sad
Reactions: JuniorAT
Feb 15, 2019
Why delete patreon if he just wanted cash? He could easly delay release for couple of months and get more cash that way.
This is why I’m thinking he hit legal issues that forced him to shutter everything. Most devs will say if they’re having some personal life problems and put a project on hold, and I don’t think the dev is dead.

4.10 star(s) 232 Votes