Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I have this generic doubt but not only one other game that I also follow, Food Truck, also got abandoned, on some thread I saw a post about how there were reduced patreons beginning of the month reported by various devs. Is this some patreon issue that we are unaware of or simply because people have started to get out, the support that AVNs were getting has decreased significantly?
I highly doubt Mukashi abandoned his game. He's always just taken his time getting an update out. But, who the fuck knows anymore? A lot of devs expect to get rich quick, then reality sets in and they either abandon their games, or slow way tf down on releasing, because they have to get rl jobs or work more at their rl jobs. It's life.

forgedghost

Mar 21, 2020
Honestly I think the dev just got overwhelmed. Probably found so many story threads and realized they wouldn't be able to keep up with all of it all the way to the end. So they just decided to scrap it and instead of facing what would likely be a bit of toxic backlash they just decided to vanish. I feel it was a little cowardly but seeing that the internet is how it is, I can understand why they'd do it.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Honestly I think the dev just got overwhelmed. Probably found so many story threads and realized they wouldn't be able to keep up with all of it all the way to the end. So they just decided to scrap it and instead of facing what would likely be a bit of toxic backlash they just decided to vanish. I feel it was a little cowardly but seeing that the internet is how it is, I can understand why they'd do it.
As for TLG, this was totally unexpected. He was doing well with patrons and was one of the top devs here. I'm still holding out hope that TLG comes back.

Sep 29, 2021
I think I agree with this explanation more that it was threads that dreaded him. I mean look at College Kings, or Where the Heart Is, you have many LIs and managing them is a freaking chore. But if you are going harem or multi LIs, it is on you to tie the storytelling where I guess people are either failing or breaking or burning out.

I mean they could have kept lesser LIs like Leap of Faith or Broken Dreams, if threads were the issue. And these incidents somewhat helps us too as there will be more people wanting to be Dev. Such failures, it this was one, helps to see the AVN industry more brightly

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
on some thread I saw a post about how there were reduced patreons beginning of the month reported by various devs.
This happens all the time to pretty much everyone on Patreon when billing kicks in. Sometimes people haven't updated their payment info and when the subscription comes back around the transaction fails.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
As for TLG, this was totally unexpected. He was doing well with patrons and was one of the top devs here. I'm still holding out hope that TLG comes back.
Thaught about it a while now...

All considered, its not really suprising anymore and pretty sure he pulled the plug himself cause he snapped.

First you have to know, TLG struggled with some issues anyways, mental health and such. And he admitted once he cant handle stress that well too and had some other issues aswell.

Than playing this game... or better, tkae a look at the code if you are able to. There are TONS of errors in it, and everybody who knows a little something about coding... every error adds up to another, and so on... its only getting worse.

With the upcoming part TLG was heading to a somewhat "finale" and at this point there HAS to be some major branching choices to set up... this is something that is really not easy... and if you play the whole game with different LI-paths you can celarly see, TLG struggles with branching.... A LOT. Its so often the case that there are dialogues and scenes which are refering to Jenny or Ashley as if you were together with them, even if you are not... but that ist just a little bit of the examples... this goes for every girl path... and those errors piled up during chapter 5 in a huge amount already.

I didnt bothered me that much, but i noticed those errors... and if i would place myself in the shoes of TLG i wouldnt know how to solve them anymore.

He wanted to bring out chapter 6 in two parts... first part should have been out around august. It wasnt the case, than he said he wanted to bring it out complete, not in parts anymore. But he said that when everybody was already expecting part one of chapter 6 will come out the next days. So it was obvious that something went wrong already. Or he needed more time to get it done... whatever.

In the past he made the same mistake over and over again, announcing release-dates. TLG was one of VERY few Devs that did that. Most of the DEVs just say something like "well i aim for a relase during this and this month or so" but TLG aimed for a particular week, and very early on too. This puts a huge amount of pressure on him too, but he did that to himself.

After august there was already some comlaining going on in discord and some other places...

Overall i think things piled up, erorrs in the game and code. Putting pressure on himself to get the update out in time, and maybe there was some issues with the music copyright too, wouldnt be surpised here... and on top of that maybe something in real life happened to... and thats it, he snapped and just said to himself "fuck all this" and pulled the plug. Vanished from the internet (which is easy to do) and thats it now...

There is no other explantion, he had to delete his patreon page himself to look like this. Patreon doesnt do it like this, they lock pages first and after a while they delete it... the was no lock. it was just "puff" gone. TLG did this himself.

He was not hacked either, he could easily tell others via thousands ways to communicate. Other issues would have been communicated too in some way. It just makes no sense at all to think something from the "outside" happened. Not even that he died suddenly... than the patreon page wouldnt have been shut down either like it is. And of course some guys would know about it and communicate it and it would have get through to us too at some point.

No he shut down everything by himself and thats it. No other way. And to realise that, there is no hope either that this game will go on...

And it might sound strange to most guys around here, but its not that uncommon to act like that... i did something similar to that myself more than once. Cutted even ties to family completley from one day to another for years. To cut ties from a project like this is very easy to do... its just one mouseclick.

And if things are growing above your head, sometimes you just do that... pull the plug and say "fuck this" and TLG did that, no doubt... every other theory is more like whishful thinking.

The game did grow over his head (especially the branching), he couldnt pull it off in the way he wanted to, snapped and did throw everything out of the window. Thats it. Not really mystery all considered.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
TLG struggled with some issues anyways, mental health and such. And he admitted once he cant handle stress that well too and had some other issues aswell.
Excuses or truth? if I don't know the person, I am not going to blindly trust/believe them. Anyone can say they have issues, mentally or physically. Also, anyone can "act" who knows if he wasn't. Probably got enough funds and dipped. To just leave everyone hanging without a word? that speaks volumes.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I highly doubt (not important) abandoned his game
Seems like he did, and it also sounds like he is a money hungry Dev (no surprise there)

A post from the FT thread

"We all knew this was coming. Even the last update, the dev seemed to have lost interest. Oh well. I guess FT never made the income the dev wanted to make it worth continuing"

Well, the guy was like "Give me $500 a month and I'll start a discord server".

Really?"

This world is just filled with crappy people/Devs. I am up for The Jokers idea in the Dark Knight.

joker+here+we+go+gif.gif

If a Dev isn't 100% sure that they can complete/finish a game or don't know the story from start to finish (branches included) don't bother starting it.

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022
Excuses or truth? if I don't know the person, I am not going to blindly trust/believe them. Anyone can say they have issues, mentally or physically. Also, anyone can "act" who knows if he wasn't. Probably got enough funds and dipped. To just leave everyone hanging without a word? that speaks volumes.
If he wanted to get more cash he could leave patreon and delay update. Dont think it was about money.

Oct 21, 2022
Ye you could spin it like that. Who knows is the truth. I would point out it goes in TLG's favour that he shut down the Patreon and didn't leave it running to milk people for months. I suffer from mental health and just shutting everything down and escaping is something I would do If I felt too pressured. It doesn't come off as scumbag too me that he's done this, although a message would be nice.

(sidenote, sometimes I go months without talking to friends because of how im feeling, ye it makes me a dickhead but not a bad person, just dealing with my own shit, so lets hope he's all good).

Absurdity

Apr 2, 2021
Very bizarre that this one got abandoned. I twas succesful and fairly active, and if greed was the problem he would have left the patreon up and and made free money for several months at least.

I'm guessing it was IRL problems but there's no way for us to know. Hope the dude is ok.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
He probably has enough. Get too greedy and it'll end badly.
No it won't, several other devs have shown that milking works and has no negative consequences whatsoever, whos gonna do something? Patreon? Lmao. Its not like the dev cares about tainting his reputation if he is planning to quit anyway.
Also, you never have too much money

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes