abcde

Apr 30, 2017
Well, I just learned about the latest developments earlier today, a couple of days after it happened.
I wasn't expecting it at all, I won't lie :oops:

I'm really, really, really glad that the dev let everyone know he's alright, or at least he's still among the living. (Honestly, I had zero doubts that he was still alive, but some people were not so sure, so I'm happy for their peace of mind. I commend some people for their vivid imagination, though.)

I'm really, really, really pissed that he couldn't bring himself to drop a line during the past 12 months saying that he was OK; really disappointed that it took a fraudster to try and steal his work for him to show up and write a few words.
There was no need to give any reasons as to why he left, no need to give any explanations regarding whether or not he'd come back, no need to open up to anyone but to whoever he chose. But it's obvious that he could still read this site and his discord, and seeing that dozens of people were mourning his departure and missing the game that he created while spreading all kinds of grim speculations about his fate, I believe the most sensible (and even humane) reaction would have been to write a short message to reassure the fans and thank them for their past support.

I'm very, very disappointed. It's a very weird feeling I'm having right now :(

P.S. Please, don't start again; this changes nothing. The game will not come back.
Yeah same i'm pretty happy the dev is alright but i'm also very very disappointed he didn't say anything for these last 12 months it took a scammer just for us to know he was alright and finally say anything he could have atleast added thanks you all for your support and say some personal things happened and he couldn't continue making the game anymore i mean he must have seen all the posts talking he might be dead or something bad must have happened to him he couldn't even bother saying if he's ok or not coming back 12 months just like that without saying anything and being just like hey guys that's a scam don't buy it and just leaving without saying anything else feels like a slap in the face to people that suported him and played his game.

Reactions: Aristos

Jordan369

Feb 2, 2020
If the game stays up on steam then I'd say it's definitely the original developer trying to make a quick buck while avoiding any heat he would get from his fanbase for not finishing his game. DPC got his scammers storefronts shut down pretty quickly by comparison
I get what you guys are saying but how exactly would it benefit him to come in here and say that's not me on Steam? Chances are that may have stopped people who were considering buying it there. It would have been better to stay gone and not speak up. Or if that actually was him he could have said that IS me and if it sells on Steam I'll continue the game. Then people might go buy it. There were several better ways to try scamming people.

Everyone on this site is so quick to jump to accusations of scammer or "milker". Like there are no other possibilities. And I wasn't a patron, before anyone tires to claim I got scammed and I'm trying to justify it or some bs.

Feb 15, 2019
And here i am once again checking and hoping for good news:confused:
Same. Back in January I was having dreams that the game was back in development and was eventually able to just give up any expectations that it would come back. I’m trying not to get my hopes up again, but as that saying goes, hope is frail but it’s hard to kill.

Jul 31, 2023
Everyone on this site is so quick to jump to accusations of scammer or "milker". Like there are no other possibilities. And I wasn't a patron, before anyone tires to claim I got scammed and I'm trying to justify it or some bs.
That's because most of those muppets are adolescent dipshits

Patreon subbers that demand a finished product are oblivious to what sites like that are

You dont have consumer rights when you subscribe . You are donating to a creator to help fund their projects outside of the normal routes creators would take by going to a publisher for project funds. Whether they finish a project or not thats the risk youre taking by supporting creators that way.

If you want finished products , you buy them from a store that provides consumer rights.

Patreon is a fancy donation website

Jul 31, 2023
So a virus get to his PC and took and deleted the game and put it on steam ?
Did you paste something into some online random sentence generator ?

Here Ive got one too:

The Dev decide to venture into a blackhole , his physical form ceased to exist , therefore your mother decided to add the IP to Steam in order to fund your Onlyfans subscription addiction, hence why the game came to a sudden end and appered on Steam when it shouldnt have.

You utter clown

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
That's because most of those muppets are adolescent dipshits

Patreon subbers that demand a finished product are oblivious to what sites like that are

You dont have consumer rights when you subscribe . You are donating to a creator to help fund their projects outside of the normal routes creators would take by going to a publisher for project funds. Whether they finish a project or not thats the risk youre taking by supporting creators that way.

If you want finished products , you buy them from a store that provides consumer rights.

Patreon is a fancy donation website
This is not charity. You donate expecting something, that the game gets regular updates even if you don't buy a finished product. Furthermore creators are accountable for respecting their promises tied to the tier perks (like a wallpaper or whatever).

And it is good manners to officially announce when you abandon your project, but it seems some people don't care about that and be treated like nonentity

Jul 31, 2023
This is not charity. You donate expecting something, that the game gets regular updates even if you don't buy a finished product. Furthermore creators are accountable for respecting their promises tied to the tier perks (like a wallpaper or whatever).

And it is good manners to officially announce when you abandon your project, but it seems some people don't care about that and be treated like nonentity
A good person behind the development would , of course , but they dont have to.

As much as it sucks that some developers treat their supporters with little to no respect , thats the risk you take by donating to them via Patreon.

They have no sold you a product , a subscriber to Patreon has chosen to support them via a single or recurring donation

It is shitty when they abandon , give up , or simply stop due to life circumstances , but they are not obligated to provide anything

If people want assurances , whilst still sketchy in the gaming world with timed refunds , they buy a completed game from a store front such as Steam.

We would love it if more devs that struggle to get content made, to be as communicative as possible and be as forthcoming as possible but thats the downsides to this type of game development and crowd funding

Vince69

Jun 13, 2018
Why did it get abandoned ?
I would like to know the real reason.
Such a good game and was well-received too... I wouldn't mind if the developer took more time to give out updates like most popular game developers do these days... Too good to be abandoned tbh...

Reactions: BlackKnight6666

Omniscience25

Oct 24, 2022
Well, since the dev doesn't want to respond to the fans and community, and doesn't intend to continue with the development of this game, at least it would be cool to finish what he had already done with Ch.6 and publish it for us to see and interpret as the end of the game (Already which was considered abandoned a few days before Ch.6 sees the light of the day, you can imagine that it was almost 100%)

Because from what I remember, this Ch.6 would be the end of the first season, at least that way it would end at least the first season before returning to the grave...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Well, since the dev doesn't want to respond to the fans and community, and doesn't intend to continue with the development of this game, at least it would be cool to finish what he had already done with Ch.6 and publish it for us to see and interpret as the end of the game (Already which was considered abandoned a few days before Ch.6 sees the light of the day, you can imagine that it was almost 100%)

Because from what I remember, this Ch.6 would be the end of the first season, at least that way it would end at least the first season before returning to the grave...
There is no Ch 6. The game is gone for good, he obviously has other priorities.

• Sad
Reactions: BlackKnight6666
4.10 star(s) 231 Votes