ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yep, seems TLG only returned for the Day of the Dead, warned fans about the Steam scam (something really obvious), and returned to his tomb again to sleep meanwhile some fans are arguing over his disappearance. :BootyTime:
On the upside, this means they might appear again next year. /s

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
If he comes back and finishes, that would be great. I personally don't need to hear why he left. But that's just me.
I am not concerned with the reasons either, i do hope it's not serious problems or such but it's his creativity that interests me. It's a damn good story/game and i like it, would like to see more.
He is not the first or the last dev that abandoned and came back much later, hell even the dreaded icstor put something out after four years.
Not like i got years and years left to wait and see, but i still keep watch in case.

Omniscience25

Oct 24, 2022
If he comes back and finishes, that would be great. I personally don't need to hear why he left. But that's just me.
Honestly, me too. I would prefer if he at least gave a sign that he would or would not continue with the development without explaining what happened, if in case he doesn't feel comfortable... But who knows, in the future he might feel comfortable talking to us, and share what made him abandon this game before...

I confess that it would be nice for everyone in the community if he gave some explanation about the disappearance, but I fully understand the possible circumstances that led to the abandonment of the development. After all, developing a game alone (or practically alone) is not easy and it really messes with our heads, if we don't already have social and psychological problems.

But I'm happy to see that TLG is alive, and I hope he's well... And I also really hope that he continues with the development of this game, because I can't wait to see Jenny again, and I want to see Adam get screwed, and get what he deserves.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Quick two cents, knowing full well this is gonna piss off the thin skinned defenders here but...

TLG OWES EVERYONE AN EXPLAINATION.

Simply put, the guy was a day or so out from releasing the supposed FINAL of Chapter 6 (More so beta but still) but all of a sudden went dark. Deleting his patreon, ghosted is own discord, went radio silent until NOW, simply to warn people of the scammer that was selling his game, only to then go back into the void?

He had numerous fans, patreons and supports who supported and paid him for this project... and yet he can't spend a bit of time atleast conveying or explaining what all happened? Yeah, I get TLG might be on the shy side and might have a hard time conveying messages, but there is no denying he screwed over people who supported him and paid him money without any rhyme or reasoning.

People want answers. It's been the million dollar question. Why did TLG abandon the game right when he was about to drop the supposed final chapter? So it's entirely understandable people are demanding that answer. I am too in a way.

So if this request irks people for wanting to know the reasoning why everything ended the way it did... So fucking be it.

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
The scammer rose from the dead because the scammer was getting scammed. This should upset people more. 100% this dude would have stayed awol if the game didn't pop up on Steam.
This is the only apt commentary regarding this shit. I mean this is literally it; it proves the guy is ok and not nuked out of the orbit or something, is in touch with this side of the world still, and when needed and wants to, can get in touch with people, but what he does is zilch nada, NOT A SINGLE WORD ABOUT ANYTHING. People have been worried, perplexed, distressed, frustrated, disappointed, angry all kinds of things and he can't be bothered for a single explanation, but when he wants to he can pop right back in and out on a dime. Y'all this behaviour is the definite seal, even more so than whatever happened back then that it is useless to expect anything. This dispels any notion that something catastrophic happened and the guy is unable to communicate; but the truth is he can't be half arsed to say anything. Like come on, you are shutting down for good, what difference does it make to give a two line explanation stating what and why...

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
So if this request irks people for wanting to know the reasoning why everything ended the way it did... So fucking be it.
If you werent a patron he doesnt owe you shit bud. He may owe them one (I was a patron and I dont care as long as the dude is okay), but not really. No one deserves anything. They immediately stopped taking money the moment they weren't releasing. Being a patron doesnt mean you bought something, it means you're helping to fund or back something and sometimes stuff doesnt get finished. Whatever the reasons, its up to them if they feel like sharing or not. If it was a scam I'd care, but they didnt keep taking. They cut it off when they could've milked the game for months. Could've just quit one day OR could've been through something personal thats not for anyone here. I'm personally just glad dude is alive. I'd love for the game to be finished, but whats important is that they are okay. No dev on here owes anyone anything. Even if they never intend to finish the game, probably the worst way to go about it if they wanted to finish, is aggressively demanding to know their private matters. You know, demanding things when it would be far less work to just turn the account back off.

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
This is the only apt commentary regarding this shit. I mean this is literally it; it proves the guy is ok and not nuked out of the orbit or something, is in touch with this side of the world still, and when needed and wants to, can get in touch with people, but what he does is zilch nada, NOT A SINGLE WORD ABOUT ANYTHING. People have been worried, perplexed, distressed, frustrated, disappointed, angry all kinds of things and he can't be bothered for a single explanation, but when he wants to he can pop right back in and out on a dime. Y'all this behaviour is the definite seal, even more so than whatever happened back then that it is useless to expect anything. This dispels any notion that something catastrophic happened and the guy is unable to communicate; but the truth is he can't be half arsed to say anything. Like come on, you are shutting down for good, what difference does it make to give a two line explanation stating what and why...
They're not your ex, they dont owe you anything.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I never played this game but I agree with this 100% I always find it funny when people get mad about milking dev's or extra long dev time. When all they need to do is not sub to them since it's their choice to sub and that sub should be treated as a donation not a promise to finish a game.
Then don't even start, bro. Some characters are so good and make you feel such emotional attachment that it will be very painful to realize that there will be no continuation. :cautious:

papabols

Oct 26, 2021
Quick two cents, knowing full well this is gonna piss off the thin skinned defenders here but...

Simply put, the guy was a day or so out from releasing the supposed FINAL of Chapter 6 (More so beta but still) but all of a sudden went dark. Deleting his patreon, ghosted is own discord, went radio silent until NOW, simply to warn people of the scammer that was selling his game, only to then go back into the void?

He had numerous fans, patreons and supports who supported and paid him for this project... and yet he can't spend a bit of time atleast conveying or explaining what all happened? Yeah, I get TLG might be on the shy side and might have a hard time conveying messages, but there is no denying he screwed over people who supported him and paid him money without any rhyme or reasoning.

People want answers. It's been the million dollar question. Why did TLG abandon the game right when he was about to drop the supposed final chapter? So it's entirely understandable people are demanding that answer. I am too in a way.

No, he's not.

It may be a douche move to others, and a mystery to some. But all what's important is in what's in his mind, and what he wants to do.

If he feels that he owes people explanation, but doesn't want to do it, then we can't do anything too, right?

Also, does the tag that says "abandoned", did the website admins or officials tag them out or did the thread starter (TLGgames) tag it?

Reactions: Bmagada

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
maybe he at least owes an explanation to those who donated to him in making chapter 6 happen, idk... abandoning the game without a word is kind of a shitty way to do it ngl.
I said in an earlier post that maybe he owes his patreon an explanation, but patreon is backing a project with no guarantee he'll finish it. I feel people's pain with it not being finished, I really do. I backed this game from way back when. He didn't milk anyone though, he was clearly working until he shut down his patreon. He easily could have for months. The demands for the explanation are whats silly. Like I get you want him to finish the game or explain why he couldn't, but demanding things from people, especially a person who can just log off and pretend you dont exist cause you're being a dick, is probably not the safe route. What people want and what they are actually owed are two completely different things.

At least he did the courteous thing to know the steam shit wasnt him and someone was scamming people. He didnt have to do that either and people are still immediately crapping on him. Honestly even unfinished its probably still my favorite VN. Sometimes you gotta be thankful you got that much.

Reactions: Maviarab

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
No, he's not.

It may be a douche move to others, and a mystery to some. But all what's important is in what's in his mind, and what he wants to do.

If he feels that he owes people explanation, but doesn't want to do it, then we can't do anything too, right?

Also, does the tag that says "abandoned", did the website admins or officials tag them out or did the thread starter (TLGgames) tag it?
its a time thing. After 6 months with zero updates a game reported can be marked as abandoned. The news his patreon was down as well kinda sealed it.

Reactions: papabols
Sep 3, 2020

I agree 100% brother

I understand that nothing is a guarantee

and that things happen but when this game was abandoned I suffered a deep depression and cried for days and

even to this day I cannot delete the game from my computer but I can never play it

you can't even show me a picture of Jenny without me choking back tears

I at least deserve an explanation for it
:cry:
TrueLoveGames

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes