Billdemort

Nov 28, 2020
I wish i could say i was shocked by the number of people who feel they're owed something. No one owes you anything... no one. Unless you paid them money with the promise of a product in return, and nothing was delivered, you are owed nothing. Even if you donate to someone's patreon, if they release a single chapter then you received something in return. Businesses can, and do, close at any time for any reason, and it does not matter how long you have done business with them. They owe you nothing. An explanation would be courteous, but it's not an obligation.

JustMy2Cents

Jun 12, 2018
No one owes you anything... no one.
Firstly I have to say that I'm glad Dev is alive and safe. Hopefully whatever issues he had have been solved or will be in the future.

That being said this Industry is built on the support we give to the Game Developers on Patreon. Without it lets be honest here this whole thing wouldn't really work. We didnt get Chapter 6 or an explanation which is off course very disappointing but at least TLG disabled his Patreon shortly after so there's that. My problem isn't really with TLG but with guys like you who say things like that. If no one owes us anything for supporting on Patreon then what is the Incentive of supporting in the first place. Now if that stops how is this Industry even sustainable for the future without that ''support''.

asdfbliss

Oct 18, 2020
The Creator needs to report the game. This issue will happen more often, sadly. It even happened to DPC. It was not on Steam but another game site. Report the game. Shit like this will slowly destroy the games we love. If we are not willing to protect/support them

Last edited:

kandemoor

Apr 17, 2020
What makes you all think that this message was posted by the real dev? Yes, it's his account, but maybe it was hacked by the aliens under torture. There is no real evidence he's the dev, just his account.

Do not buy the steam version. That is not me.
When you share YOUR location with your smarthphone, you aren't sharing YOUR location. Your are sharing your smarthphone location.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
For people who wish that the game will continue, sorry to say that it's done, he abandoned it and I'm sure he has his own reasons for his actions. The reason he showed up here is I'm positive he was pissed that someone is trying to take credit for what he created and just wanted to confirm it, it was nice for his sudden appearance, but this game is dead, unless someone else takes it over. :(

Mar 29, 2021
Do not buy the steam version. That is not me.
I don't know if the developer has reported the game and is actually taking action to ensure that the impostor is sanctioned and the game removed from the store, however I noticed that the Steam forum related to the game is now completely empty and all discussions that were there have been deleted, so as I noticed that the alleged developer never even intervened before that in the Steam forum to take a position or say anything, which both are kind of suspicious things.

Deathcon1000

Jun 12, 2022
I don't know if the developer has reported the game and is actually taking action to ensure that the impostor is sanctioned and the game removed from the store, however I noticed that the Steam forum related to the game is now completely empty and all discussions that were there have been deleted, so as I noticed that the alleged developer never even intervened before that in the Steam forum to take a position or say anything, which both are kind of suspicious things.
Hey Zoltan. I noticed that too when I woke up this morning. Just curious though who has the ability to delete all discussions on a steam page? Is it only steam themselves that can do that?

Mar 29, 2021
Hey Zoltan. I noticed that too when I woke up this morning. Just curious though who has the ability to delete all discussions on a steam page? Is it only steam themselves that can do that?
No, the game forums are moderated by the devs themselves and possibly also by moderators appointed by the devs.
Presumably, maybe Steam's moderators also have to ability to moderate those forums too, but I'm not sure at all about this and it's something that I've never seen myself, however if it would happen, it would mean that something very bad has happened too.

Edit: Wow, I've just found that there's even a third party dedicated EULA agreement on the store page of the game, something that you don't see very often, especially for those kind of games.

I'll report it below, just in case someone who understands something about these things might get something useful from it that could possibly be used in favor of justice or to clarify things for us :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnight6666

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Well, I just learned about the latest developments earlier today, a couple of days after it happened.
I wasn't expecting it at all, I won't lie :oops:

I'm really, really, really glad that the dev let everyone know he's alright, or at least he's still among the living. (Honestly, I had zero doubts that he was still alive, but some people were not so sure, so I'm happy for their peace of mind. I commend some people for their vivid imagination, though.)

I'm really, really, really pissed that he couldn't bring himself to drop a line during the past 12 months saying that he was OK; really disappointed that it took a fraudster to try and steal his work for him to show up and write a few words.
There was no need to give any reasons as to why he left, no need to give any explanations regarding whether or not he'd come back, no need to open up to anyone but to whoever he chose. But it's obvious that he could still read this site and his discord, and seeing that dozens of people were mourning his departure and missing the game that he created while spreading all kinds of grim speculations about his fate, I believe the most sensible (and even humane) reaction would have been to write a short message to reassure the fans and thank them for their past support.

I'm very, very disappointed. It's a very weird feeling I'm having right now :(

P.S. Please, don't start again; this changes nothing. The game will not come back.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Well, I just learned about the latest developments earlier today, a couple of days after it happened.
I wasn't expecting it at all, I won't lie :oops:

I'm really, really, really glad that the dev let everyone know he's alright, or at least he's still among the living. (Honestly, I had zero doubts that he was still alive, but some people were not so sure, so I'm happy for their peace of mind. I commend some people for their vivid imagination, though.)

I'm really, really, really pissed that he couldn't bring himself to drop a line during the past 12 months saying that he was OK; really disappointed that it took a fraudster to try and steal his work for him to show up and write a few words.
There was no need to give any reasons as to why he left, no need to give any explanations regarding whether or not he'd come back, no need to open up to anyone but to whoever he chose. But it's obvious that he could still read this site and his discord, and seeing that dozens of people were mourning his departure and missing the game that he created while spreading all kinds of grim speculations about his fate, I believe the most sensible (and even humane) reaction would have been to write a short message to reassure the fans and thank them for their past support.

I'm very, very disappointed. It's a very weird feeling I'm having right now :(

P.S. Please, don't start again; this changes nothing. The game will not come back.

He would have stayed awol if the "scammer" had not appeared. I am now 100% convinced he never developed Episode 6. He throws a few previews here and there to keep the money flowing. He bailed a week or two before it was set to release......

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
He would have stayed awol if the "scammer" had not appeared. I am now 100% convinced he never developed Episode 6. He throws a few previews here and there to keep the money flowing. He bailed a week or two before it was set to release......
you are too easily convinced...
i only hope you arent voter/adult just yet, so you will have some time to grow up a bit and perhaps become more aware of the world around you.

Jordan369

Feb 2, 2020
Pretty sure a scammer would have kept the Patreon money flowing and made excuses for a few months at least. It happens all the time. Some people don't even bother with excuses *cough* Radiant *cough*. Most polite scammer ever if they decided to stop taking money haha. It's pretty clear there was a reason for this, and everyone guessing the answer is pointless.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
For people who wish that the game will continue, sorry to say that it's done, he abandoned it and I'm sure he has his own reasons for his actions. The reason he showed up here is I'm positive he was pissed that someone is trying to take credit for what he created and just wanted to confirm it, it was nice for his sudden appearance, but this game is dead, unless someone else takes it over. :(
I'd laugh my ass off if the guy who uploaded it to steam made a new episode (100% not going to happen but still funny to think about) :KEK: Pretty sure this developer wouldn't allow anyone to finish it though as he cared enough to resurface from his coma to say someone's stealing it.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Pretty sure a scammer would have kept the Patreon money flowing and made excuses for a few months at least. It happens all the time. Some people don't even bother with excuses *cough* Radiant *cough*. Most polite scammer ever if they decided to stop taking money haha. It's pretty clear there was a reason for this, and everyone guessing the answer is pointless.
A lot of scammers close up shop and eventually re-open under a different name to scam again. I'll give you an example. This was around 8 years ago. My mom had used a snow removal company for one winter. SHe told me they did a good job and kept them for the next year. The following year he wanted cash up front instead of a check. I told my mom that was sketchy. I didn't argue with her because she was going through chemo at the time. I probably should have because the guy did not show up anymore and disconnected his phone lines. I am more upset with myself because I should have dealt with this because my mom was too weak and sick from the chemo Doing some digging I found this guy was using different company names. This guy scammed a ton of people, including someone else I knew.

You guys and girls are extremely naive to think that this may not be a scam. TLG may not have scammed anyone, but it's too coincidental and serendipity that he rises from the dead over a year later when someone is trying to scam him. It's too coincidental and serendipity he takes off right before the release. Sadly we don't live in a pony and roses world where everyone holds hands and sings kumbaya together.

He was honestly better off staying awol.

Last edited:

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
A lot of scammers close up shop and eventually re-open under a different name to scam again. I'll give you an example. This was around 8 years ago. My mom had used a snow removal company for one winter. SHe told me they did a good job and kept them for the next year. The following year he wanted cash up front instead of a check. I told my mom that was sketchy. I didn't argue with her because she was going through chemo at the time. I probably should have because the guy did not show up anymore and disconnected his phone lines. I am more upset with myself because I should have dealt with this because my mom was too weak and sick from the chemo Doing some digging I found this guy was using different company names. This guy scammed a ton of people, including someone else I knew.

You guys and girls are extremely naive to think that this may not be a scam. TLG may not have scammed anyone, but it's too coincidental and serendipity that he rises from the dead over a year later when someone is trying to scam him. It's too coincidental and serendipity he takes off right before the release. Sadly we don't live in a pony and roses world where everyone holds hands and sings kumbaya together.

He was honestly better off staying awol.
If the game stays up on steam then I'd say it's definitely the original developer trying to make a quick buck while avoiding any heat he would get from his fanbase for not finishing his game. DPC got his scammers storefronts shut down pretty quickly by comparison

Reactions: JustMy2Cents
4.10 star(s) 231 Votes